PDA

View Full Version : Claybar-ing

phatfreeza
08-11-2003, 01:13 PM
hey people...i was wondering if i can harm my car by clay bar-ing when i don't really need it... what i mean is i'm not sure if my car needs to be clay bar-ed but i bought it, so i thought i might as well use it...what do you think?

Ocelaris
08-12-2003, 12:15 PM
Ya know, I love the clay bar, but I went to a professional auto body paint place, and they had no idea what I was talking about when I asked them if they had any professional clay bar. They had one, but that was for over spray only?...

So I got some machine polish, and some filler in stuff (for dark kars) and then some of the caranuba wax than you have to add water to, and my car absolutely shines... just don't use the machine polish unless you have 6 hours to blow on the entire process... there's a reason they say to use a machine!

JSIR
08-18-2003, 06:55 PM
clay bar works for finishes with lots of oxidation built up over time, the clay bar works by shearing off a thin layer of build up and probably clear coat giving you a new fresh surface to work with. Probably worth using after a few years , I wouldnt get into the habit of using it all the time though. Use it once then protect the new surface with a good wax from that point on.

Joey