PDA

View Full Version : Giving props to all eper's

hondafiend02
08-11-2003, 07:18 PM
I just wanted to give everyone props who is not trading or selling ther ep and clowning that our cars are slow. Real gear heads see the potential of the ep or any honda to be a great daily driver/race car. All i have to say is when you bought your ep what did you expect cmon everyone honda that is fast needs a great driver and lots of work and if you dont do either of those than by all means trade it in or sell it so someone can put real use into it!Let people say what they want about k20 vs all these turbo/great deal cars it doesnt matter all i know is that im not turning my back on honda ive been into to honda's before the ef hacth so its all good.......

ps our ep's have great all motor potential on top of all that everyone just needs patience (great things come to those who wait!)-also to everyone saying that our cars are not made for the track they might not be but ill turn mine into a track car a woop your so called track ass lol to all me eper's stay up --ex epers just watch out

Beachya
08-11-2003, 07:44 PM
I like what i hear!!!

I was on the whole "why is everything taking so long"...mainly b/c my bro's have built b-series, so i was a little anxious...but like you said, it's just going to take time so it can be done right.

ep pilot
08-11-2003, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE][originally posted by hondafiend02 [/i]
[B]I just wanted to give everyone props who is not trading or selling their ep and clowning that our cars are slow. Real gear heads see the potential of the ep or any Honda to be a great daily driver/race car. All i have to say is when you bought your ep what did you expect cmon everyone Honda that is fast needs a great driver and lots of work and if you don

shimmy_yaz
08-11-2003, 07:54 PM
well put

Peking
08-11-2003, 07:54 PM
That's for real :) , just wish I had more cash. Then we will see how folks feel then.

IceD out N CALI
08-11-2003, 08:03 PM
ya it does seem that many people want to get out of their eps already one way or another

ep pilot
08-11-2003, 08:04 PM
I figure in two years I will be ready for this.......

5.7 detroit liters of raw V8 muscle....I can't wait.......:o

http://www.motortrend.com/motor/roadtests/sedan/112_0306_f_ctsv_l.jpg

-Ryan

hondafiend02
08-11-2003, 08:30 PM
when you down the ep your downing just about every import racer - i duno about you guys but i bought my ep for that specific reason to beat cars that are supposed to be faster and better. i just like the statement if you cant join em beat em lol

look at all those eg hatches whos cars are basically crap stock and look at how many of them strike fear in the hearts of mustangs and camaros thats deserves props( my friend drives a mustang V6 he absolutly hates egers because he cant beat them)
thats what i want my ep to be some day:)

the way ep owners are turning ther backs makes it all that much better makes me feel more unique and original then even before

IceD out N CALI
08-11-2003, 08:32 PM
you definitely have a lot of ep pride;)

silver ep
08-11-2003, 09:07 PM
Hail to the EP! ;) F" the haters! :mad:

Sidriver
08-11-2003, 09:19 PM
I don't care If I spend paycheck to paycheck to please my EP with gifts, She's treating me right ;)

anjapower
08-11-2003, 10:19 PM
EPpilot, strongly consider getting the 22mm rear swaybar from the RSX-R/CTR. HUGE difference in the rear end's handling characteristics. I had the same issues as you before, but they're gone now.

ep pilot
08-11-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by anjapower
EPpilot, strongly consider getting the 22mm rear swaybar from the RSX-R/CTR. HUGE difference in the rear end's handling characteristics. I had the same issues as you before, but they're gone now.

Good looking out, thats always an option;) I swear when ever I go into an on ramp spiritedly, it feels like my most inward rear wheel is hoovering off the ground about 2" infact I know thats what is going on, because I have dissconected my ABS fuse, so I can purposely left foot my Ep through these on ramps with more driver control, I find the right inside wheel wheel almost always is locked 1/4 of the way through the ramp.

-Ryan

anjapower
08-11-2003, 10:44 PM
without the bigger swaybar, my rear end felt squirrely when the car was being hustled around turns. Almost wanting to come around, but sort of wanting to tip over at the same time. Hard to describe, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

With the Eibach Pro-kit drop and the Type R rear sway, the handling is MUCH improved. I can now confidently push the car as hard as I want knowing exactly what will happen. It was very unpredictable before....definitely one of the most effective mods I've done to my car.

Type X
08-12-2003, 04:55 AM
i sadly have kicked around the selling option

i have big plans for the EP but on the same note just wanna get something that i dont wanna mod

:sigh:

i guess only time will tell:(

STP03BlueSI
08-12-2003, 05:40 AM
I love my EP....even though it is in the shop today(window leaks!).

It is defently faster than my gf's car, and drasticaly faster than my Saturn..Its kinda funny that i can beat my gf eclipse(AEM Cai), and my car is stock:o

Damn this thread make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside:angel: :D This made my day!

BarracksSi
08-12-2003, 09:52 AM
I love my EP. Whenever I see one of the other cars I was thinking of getting, I keep thinking to myself, "Yeah, it's OK, but it sure ain't my EP."

Is it fast? Fast enough for me to get a ticket, so that's enough. So what? If I do decide to make any modifications, at least I know I won't be throwing away a perfectly good turbo. There's something to be said about having a solid platform on which to add as much stuff as I want.

I've got no regrets. :)

PoRT
08-12-2003, 09:56 AM
my EP's not slow :D

BarracksSi
08-12-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by PoRT
my EP's not slow :D

Oh shut up. ;)

Actually, I never knew that a swap could be cheaper -- and sometimes easier -- than other major engine mods. Now, my choices are more complicated...

Brettnyt
08-12-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by hondafiend02
I just wanted to give everyone props who is not trading or selling ther ep and clowning that our cars are slow.

Ah thank you... :D

hondafiend02
08-12-2003, 12:58 PM
i see ef's and eg's and most of them are hella fast i know that our will surpass the stage those are in now in 10 years--ep's are a mysterious bunch someone is gona crack the code on our motors soon just wait ---(im predicting all motor ep's(USDM) running solid 13's by next year!):)

IceD out N CALI
08-12-2003, 01:09 PM
wow, you think all motor k20a3 pullin 13's? wow. if possible it would take quite a bit of $$

solutionep3
08-12-2003, 01:18 PM
i don't what other car i'd rather have
than my si . Honda cars have much more potential than
many people think. the new si has been out for less than
2 years and look at all the mods that are out for it.
if you cant find something you like about it then you shouldn't
own one in the first place.

SiR Medic
08-12-2003, 03:05 PM
I think a lot of people bought the Si without doing any sort of research, or with unrealistic expectations.

Either that, or some people are just fickle.

I like my SiR... It's reasonably quick, and it is refined. My friends fit in the back seat, I never have troubles passing anybody, and the car is just a blast to drive.

I always seem to smile at least once everytime I drive my little escape pod.

As I've said before, if all I wanted was speed, I would have bought a late '90s Z28.

The Matrix XRS? Nice car, but can't handle for shit.

The Mini Cooper? Too trendy and overpriced.

The SRT-4? I just couldn't rely on it for day-to-day driving, it's too savage.

I like fast cars... But I also like cars I can drive to work every day without worry.

Type X
08-12-2003, 03:15 PM
forget all the insight on the EP

all u have to tell someone about the EP

is that its a 00si for an older person

quiet, comfy, peppy and where it counts *inside*

the driver NEVER sees the outside :D

vie-tec
09-04-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by hondafiend02
when you down the ep your downing just about every import racer - i duno about you guys but i bought my ep for that specific reason to beat cars that are supposed to be faster and better. i just like the statement if you cant join em beat em lol

look at all those eg hatches whos cars are basically crap stock and look at how many of them strike fear in the hearts of mustangs and camaros thats deserves props( my friend drives a mustang V6 he absolutly hates egers because he cant beat them)
thats what i want my ep to be some day:)

the way ep owners are turning ther backs makes it all that much better makes me feel more unique and original then even before

Now thats what i wanna here!!!you have so much pride in eps just like me,who cares what people about eps as long as we can spank them in the ass!!lol esp. the amercian cars kill them all!!

vie-tec
09-04-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
I love my EP....even though it is in the shop today(window leaks!).

It is defently faster than my gf's car, and drasticaly faster than my Saturn..Its kinda funny that i can beat my gf eclipse(AEM Cai), and my car is stock:o

hell yeah!!! you can beat an eclipse all day they're slow and heavy.

Damn this thread make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside:angel: :D This made my day!

vie-tec
09-04-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by solutionep3
i don't what other car i'd rather have
than my si . Honda cars have much more potential than
many people think. the new si has been out for less than
2 years and look at all the mods that are out for it.
if you cant find something you like about it then you shouldn't
own one in the first place.

you are right about that.

CanBox
09-04-2003, 11:59 AM
One other thing to consider is that right now, not much else can compare with the Si for the price. Considering that it is selling for thousands below MSRP and has good financing deals, I couldn't really find anything else that seemed like as good of a deal and I spent the last 4 weeks looking at and driving everything that could remotely be considered good competition.

The closest I found was the SpecV but it doesn't even come with fold down seats (unless you get one of the packages and even then it only partially folds down) which doesn't suit my lifestyle at all.

The car comes quite well equipped and for far less than the savings over the competitors, I'll be able to tweak the handling to the way it should probably handle from the factory. I must say that the tires are probably the cars weakest link and those will be taken care of ASAP.

Kirei
09-04-2003, 12:26 PM
Im half n half about my ep. This was not the car I had originally intended to get. In fact, it was not what I wanted at all. The reason I have this car is because I wanted to go back to school and this would be more practical. I could've gotten a s2000 for $330 a month payment but I chose the Si because its only $240 and about $100 cheaper on insurance. Everytime I see an s2000 I feel my heart break. The EP is a good car, but I need something with more power without F/I. I've only had the car for 3 weeks, but I hope to slowly enjoy the car more.

Chinaboy
09-04-2003, 12:29 PM
damn stright man, im glad of my hampster car, it got them potenital... besides we come from a long and deep generation, from EG to EK to EP, we are the hatches that will rise about all, nothing more npthing less. Show the pride guys

BarracksSi
09-04-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Chinaboy
...besides we come from a long and deep generation, from EG to EK to EP,...

Don't forget the EF (or whatever the 1986 version was -- or even go back to 1984's 1500S). Honda's own literature traces the Si lineage back to that car.

I owned one before my EP, and although the EP is larger and more refined, the spirit is still there. I felt right at home when I sat in one for the first time, and even better after a block of driving.

bloodzombie
09-04-2003, 03:14 PM
the only other cars I've had were a dodge shadow, and a cavalier (grew to love the shadow, mostly because of reliability, hated the cavalier).

I almost bought the focus svt, but I felt like it cost more because of a lot of options that I don't need (heated seats and such). The ep is more basic, and just felt more like it fit my personality. I felt at home in it while I was driving it off the lot.

I haven't done any mods yet, as my wife is still driving it to work every day, but once she gets something different, this baby's all mine and i'm gonna go nuts.

I don't run with a lot of car enthusiasts, so I feel somewhat like i'm outside the loop of what's cool, and what cars are looked down upon, I just went into buying a car with an open mind, and this is the one I liked the best for the price.

CivicHB
09-05-2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Chinaboy
damn stright man, im glad of my hampster car, it got them potenital... besides we come from a long and deep generation, from EG to EK to EP, we are the hatches that will rise about all, nothing more npthing less. Show the pride guys

You mean EF to EG to EJ to EP. Also some 92-95 hatch's are not all EG's some are EH's( four doors are also EG ). EM Si's don't count in my book, trunks suck. Rember the U.S. always gets watered down shit from japan, we don't even get the chassis code so...

If someone here in america claims to have an "EK" they are wrong unless it is a 96-00 type-R or SiR(hatch) and they PAID to have it imported and converted. Don't believe me, check out autotrader.com or look at a VIN number personally. Anyways The best Si IMO is the almighty EF. Sorry for yelling but it seems that noone ever gets the chassis code thing right just like 200 hundred posts on this site asking the the HP of all the different K20's no one ever gets right.

Zero Three Si
09-05-2003, 06:39 AM
I'm not happy with my Ep in the sense that I haven't gotten off my ass to take off the VTECH stickers and haven't taken off the pin stripes.

I'm not happy because I put hell $$$$ down on a house me and my girl are building.

If I wouldnt have bought a house...my car would look better than Type X....hahahahahahahaha

STP03BlueSI
09-05-2003, 08:32 AM
I love my Egg, Si, Stitch, why is the shifter their, car!!!!

Hahahahaha....even thou i had a SUV make a little dent in the door, i still love it...but i sure miss my saturn polyurithane doors :D...

Oh and now my Si will handle 10X better!!! Neuspeed product on its way:o :angel: :D :p

droideka
09-05-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by ep pilot
I feel ya bro, I love my car and all, but if I knew now what I didn't last November when I signed up for the car, I think I would have been a lot more happier with the more crisp "point 'n click" handling of the Mazda Protege 5 also the four door config would have worked out better for my needs than a 3dr, even with considerably less horsepower I found the Mazda marginally more of a drivers car than the Si.

I couldn't disagree with you more as I drove the two back-to-back before buying the EP. What did I call the P5? Oh, that's right, "a flaming piece of shit."

If you feel that the EP is unstable in the turns, perhaps you should work on your turn-in point and smooth application of steering and throttle input.

TripleJ02
09-05-2003, 04:32 PM
I bought my car cause its reliable, peppy, and cheap. Lets face it. EP's are not fast. They CAN be fast but look at the money your spending.

Bottom line, if i want a fast car ill buy an old mustang and put like 5gs in a 5g car and pull 11 seconds outta my ass. EP? 10k ontop of the 18k car you might be able to pull 11. Im not sure about everyonelse but for 30g id rather an evo/sti/350z/s2000.
But i respect anyone who decides to spend that much. Cars are a passion, one persons style may not be my own. Shee got respect the ricers too, they love what they do. So hats off to those willing to spend the money.

i LOVE my ep no doubt about that, its a blast to drive but ive now decided against the jrsc.
BUT, all that money will be goin to my sound system. Bumpin sounds here i come :D