PDA

View Full Version : Strange Buzzing noise audible @ idle from my k20a3

ep pilot
08-11-2003, 09:53 PM
I am hearing an audible (electronic-like) intermittent buzz coming from the left side of the engine at idle. I ran the car for approx 20-30 min and tried to place myself under/ side / back of the the engine bay, and my best guess is that it is either a clogging fuel injector, or the belt pulley, my first guess was the A/C compressor, yet it's not engagged?? When I place my ear over the left side of the engine, it sounds like it's coming from the I-VTEC solenoid area. I am getting just a bit worried, anyone got an idea, or if the sound is normal?

-Ryan

ep pilot
08-11-2003, 09:55 PM
BTW, car drives great, no check engine light or anything, also the oil looks ok.

-Ryan

Si4U2NV
08-11-2003, 10:12 PM
im almost 100% positive itz a loose relay...get in there and check it out...

-Mike

ep pilot
08-11-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Si4U2NV
im almost 100% positive itz a loose relay...get in there and check it out...

-Mike

do you think? thats a good start, man I hope thats all it is....
thanks anyway for the heads up.

Just courious, where & which relay do you think it could be? I don't know much about relays.....

-Ryan

Pir8pete
08-12-2003, 02:25 AM
wow i though i was the only one, my car has the buzzing noise to, also my engine is running abit loud, i think the valves need to be checked, oh and i'm getting a poping sound only if i backup apply the brakes then go forword and appy the brakes, i think my brake pads on the front right are loose is all. i have an appiontment on the aug. 13th with honda there going to look @ all this for me for free. bought my car last june only have 15k on her now.

87gn
08-12-2003, 02:33 AM
do people even work on there own cars any more:'( o well more cash in my pocket:D

it sounds like a loose relay to me to, it dont have the characteristic sounds of a bad fuel injector, eather way just incase if you can get your fingers to the fuel injectors put a finger on its side. you should feel a "hart beat" if the injector is bad or cloged you wont feel nothing.

cbecker333
08-13-2003, 06:39 AM
I doubt this is your issue, given that you had your head in there and listened very closely....anyway, after I installed my CAI the plastic cover over the intake manifold wasn't re-installed the same as it used to be and it rattled against the manifold. Easy fix, I just loosened the bolts, adjusted the cover slightly and re-tightened them. Like I said - probably a different issue since this can be found easily with the hood open.

Brettnyt
08-13-2003, 11:54 AM
Well if it starts to bother you, just get a K20A2 or a K20A.... ;) :D