PDA

View Full Version : skunk 2's

liljosh63
08-12-2003, 07:47 AM
i just ordered some skunk2 coilovers. im wondering how long will my stock struts last on these things? another question...how do you reach under there and adjust them when ur arm wont fit in there because it is too low?

ep3guy
08-12-2003, 08:16 AM
Jack up your car. :)

i-WERKS
08-12-2003, 08:24 AM
i've had mine for almost a year on stock shocks. The shocks are still alive but I don't know for how much longer.
To adjust the front, jack up your car and reach in.
For the rear you have to remove the wheel.

02SilverSiHB
08-12-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by i-WERKS
i've had mine for almost a year on stock shocks. The shocks are still alive but I don't know for how much longer.
To adjust the front, jack up your car and reach in.
For the rear you have to remove the wheel.
hey i-werks, have you noticed anything weird about your skunk2's? I noticed that in the front passenger side spring, there is about 2" of adjustment left to make the car higher. But on the driver side there is none left for making the car higher....and my car is even. I'm hoping that the front driver side spring just needs to be swap for the back one, maybe I put the lower spring rate in the driver side when I thought it was the higher spring rate one. I hope!

i-WERKS
08-12-2003, 10:07 AM
no mine is pretty even on both sides. I did however have to swap my front springs for ones made for the RSX because I was using springs for 2001+ civics. When I had the Civic springs on, I had to adjust them all the way to the top so that I wouldn't bottom out. It was still very low with it adjusted all the way. I'm not sure why yours are like that. Is the rear doing the same thing? Maybe you do need to swap them with the back

liljosh63
08-12-2003, 10:09 AM
what about camber kits? did ya'll need these or was the camber fine?

02SilverSiHB
08-12-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by i-WERKS
no mine is pretty even on both sides. I did however have to swap my front springs for ones made for the RSX because I was using springs for 2001+ civics. When I had the Civic springs on, I had to adjust them all the way to the top so that I wouldn't bottom out. It was still very low with it adjusted all the way. I'm not sure why yours are like that. Is the rear doing the same thing? Maybe you do need to swap them with the back
yeah, it sounds like I need to swap the driver sides around. I also noticed that the rear driver side one has more threads left to adjust versus the rear passenger side one. That would explain the weird feeling I get when I take left turns (the ass end comes around like mad) but when I take a right turn hard, the right side just plows into the turn, basically bottoming out. I had this problem at the autox event I went to. Even still, I don't like how the spring rates are for these. I'm a tad disappointed in them. I'd rather see 450 front and 500 rear. I wonder how the spring rate is for the rsx in the front and rear.

02SilverSiHB
08-12-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by liljosh63
what about camber kits? did ya'll need these or was the camber fine?
you can adjust the height with these, so if you go way lower than the norm, which most do with coilovers, then yes you will need them.