PDA

View Full Version : Help my doors faded...

HighinTheSi
08-12-2003, 06:04 PM
If anyone can help me out this would be great. I was actually cleaning my car the other day and for some strange reason as a i was doing the interior my passenger door starts fading, i have tried everything 2 get that black color back but theres just a big whitish looking spot staring me in the eye everytime i get into the thing, well if anyone can help me out please post it would greatly be appreciated because unfortunetly the dealer cant do a thing , hey maybe somone gutted there interior and wants 2 get rid of one thanx alot - Adam

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-12-2003, 06:24 PM
what the heck did you use to clean the interior?
muriatic acid or something?

dj addicted
08-12-2003, 06:26 PM
Mine have started doing the same thing... I just chalked it up as normal wear and tear. I even armorall it ever other weekend. I was actually thinking about taking it back to honda and seeing if there is anything they can do. I've only had my car for about 5 months now... Im worried about what it will look like after about 4 years or so.

SinisterCivicSi
08-12-2003, 06:27 PM
what kinda spray did you use?? i was told the interior is only to have water or a damp rag cause the interior isnt to have like armor all on it or anything. i would definatly take it to the dealer, thats crap and they should replace it. just my 2 cents.

paralysis
08-12-2003, 06:42 PM
I don't even know what is used to clean the inside of my car, but I never pay extra to have them armor all the inside. My car is over a year old and no fading at all. I would like to know what you used.

dj addicted
08-12-2003, 06:46 PM
good news to hear...well, sorta. I guess I will stop using the armorall.. Sucks... I really liked the shine it gave.. But what it wierd....is it is only a a certain spot..like where you would put your elbow while your arm is out the window. I'll take it to honda and see what they say.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-12-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by dj addicted
good news to hear...well, sorta. I guess I will stop using the armorall.. Sucks... I really liked the shine it gave.. But what it wierd....is it is only a a certain spot..like where you would put your elbow while your arm is out the window. I'll take it to honda and see what they say.

that would be called a deodorant stain.
stop wearing tank tops...haha.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-12-2003, 06:54 PM
yea i heard it's not good to use armorall on your interior and it's also no good for tires either...something in their damages rubber/plastic over time...it doesnt protect...all it does is shine...and that shine makes dust collect even more...

Spidey
08-12-2003, 07:07 PM
don't use amorall?? i'm using armorall and it's been fine on my dash.
the dealer can't do nothing for you. It's called wear and tear and covered under warranty unless it's a defect, but good luck proving that.

who else is using amorall? Someone mentioned using Vynlex, but where do you find that in Canada?

paralysis
08-12-2003, 07:45 PM
I just never liked the feel of armorall on anything inside of the car it always feels like there is oil on everything. Like when you get your oil changed and you grab the steering wheel *or anything else he touched* and you can tell the guy did NOT wash his hands before he jumped into your car and drove it into the parking lot after he was done.

Brettnyt
08-12-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC

that would be called a deodorant stain.
stop wearing tank tops...haha.

LOL, anyways, def take it in or see if there is anything u can do to fix it... BLACK SPRAY PAINT!;)

ApexinSi
08-14-2003, 09:36 AM
armor all sucks arse!!!, once u use it , u have to keep using it or your shiat will turn white :o all i used is water and a clean rag, yet there are still some permanent looking scuff marks. let me say this again.. ARMORAL SUCKS!!! someone needs to take the guy that invented it and kick his ass in a alley or something.