PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Light W/ Cold Air Aem Intake

ALTERED SI
08-12-2003, 06:43 PM
WHEN U INSTALL AEM INTAKE DID THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON? IF SO, HOW DID U FIX IT JUST CURIOUS THANKS...:(

labelhunter
08-12-2003, 08:06 PM
reset the ecu. Just disconnect your negative terminal for a few min. or pull the fuse on the ecu. it should reset

SiR_d1
08-15-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by labelhunter
reset the ecu. Just disconnect your negative terminal for a few min. or pull the fuse on the ecu. it should reset

reseting the ecu wont fix the problem. you have to wait a few days for the ecu to adjust and then I will go away on its own.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-15-2003, 09:39 AM
your CEL should not come on simply because you added an intake.

you must have started the car while a sensor was unplugged.

if that's the case, find out what the problem is, fix it, THEN reset the ecu.

Dres97
08-15-2003, 10:22 AM
Yea its deffinetly a sensor check the AIV sensor make sure its pushed in all the way with the gromet

02SilverSiHB
08-15-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
your CEL should not come on simply because you added an intake.

you must have started the car while a sensor was unplugged.

if that's the case, find out what the problem is, fix it, THEN reset the ecu.
yeah, no kidding.

SiR_d1
08-15-2003, 12:13 PM
I think what he's trying yo say is when he turns on the car the check engine light would stay on for a longer delay (1-2 sec) as apposed to when it would just flash on and then dissapear.

fishboy
08-15-2003, 12:59 PM
i didn't get that at all from what he is saying. we is saying he gets a check engine light now after the install. i agree it is the sensor, it has to be. he just forgot to put it in or it is loose maybe.

SiR_d1
08-15-2003, 01:19 PM
This is what happened to me plus many other people who installed their intakes. Either the CEL was on all the time or just for a longer delay. All I'm trying to say is that in a couple of days the computer will adjust and the CEL will eventually go away.

fishboy
08-15-2003, 01:41 PM
i'd still check the sensor first.;)

i didn't get a cel for any of my mods.

02SilverSiHB
08-15-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by fishboy
i'd still check the sensor first.;)

i didn't get a cel for any of my mods.
it's either that, or they are nearing the next interval of maintenance. I notice mine does that at about every 10k miles...it flashes longer letting me know to get maintenance done soon, and then it later stays on when i haven't reset it. So the dealership says.

fishboy
08-15-2003, 04:46 PM
yeah, i was thinking it might have been their "maintenance required" light, but that one guy said it went away after a while. i know i freaked out the first time i saw my MR light.:D