PDA

View Full Version : got rear ended

padelong si
08-13-2003, 07:03 AM
Whats up guys and gals.
Well on the way home from work this morning some guy in a new 2500hd chevrolet 4dr diesil truck hit me in the ass.
He said his foot slipped off the brake.
He wants to pay for the damage himself if its not too high.
I have a estament from my local body shop and just with a visual inspection the price is $1589.00 but it could be more because I cant open the trunk.
Its kind of a bummer because I have just got finished lowering my car:(

Oh yeah .when I was leaving the body shop ,a flat bed truck was turning in and it had a silver si on the back that had front end damage.It was lowered and it had grey 6 or 8 spoke racing wheels on it.
Man whats up with all the ep3 causualties.
Oh here is the link for my pics
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289410815&idx=3
Im bidding on a buddy clud kit on ebay.So maybe I can follow the trend of getting in a wreck and fixing up my car lol

HondaMan
08-13-2003, 07:41 AM
Ouch! :(

Getting the Buddy Club kit would be a nice fix! I wonder if that Silver EP you saw was the guy I meet last week at the siatlanta.com meet (?). I still haven't seen you around town; sooner or later we will meet.

Good Luck with the repairs!

AkronSi
08-13-2003, 08:48 AM
I got rear-ended when my car was just over a month old. That sucked. The initial insurance estimate was about $500. Actual cost came out much closer to your estimate. That included a new bumper, fix of the bumbper support and the mid-pipe. Might have been a little more done, but not much.

Will they guy pay for your rental car? It may take awhile to get your car fixed and back. Mine took over a week (if i recall).

I hope everything works out for you.

Good luck.

IceD out N CALI
08-13-2003, 09:00 AM
that sucks. i'd be curious to see if there is any damage underneath the bumpercover. hope it all works out for the best for you. maybe u can get a jdm rear bumper as a replacement or something else outta it to help turn a - into a + :)

Brettnyt
08-13-2003, 11:53 AM
Damn dude, thats a bummer... Deffinately make sure to check for damage behind the rear bumper.... You could always tell him that there was some damage to your K20A2, (hehe) and make him pay for a new one! ;)

STP03BlueSI
08-13-2003, 12:42 PM
OUCH! poor Ep....:(

Hope all works out for u

greenguy
08-13-2003, 01:38 PM
I sure hope everything works out for you:) My initial thoughts are screw that! Totally go through his insurance, cuz I for see you haveing to sue him to get the true cost of fixing your car. Plus his insurance will get you a rental car and all repairs will be fixed and warentied.
Good Luck!
BTW are you ok? You might want to see a doctor;)

02NJHondaep3
08-13-2003, 02:55 PM
:eek: it looks like a photochop. The Matrix has your rear bumper!

padelong si
08-13-2003, 03:36 PM
Thanks for all the support.
I am hoping the guy will use his insurance. if he gives me a choise that is probable what I will want.Unles he offeres me like maybe 3000.00 lol
I will keep you posted;)

Brettnyt
08-13-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by 02nighthawksivi
:eek: it looks like a photochop. The Matrix has your rear bumper!

:rolleyes: Am i the only one confused by this?