PDA

View Full Version : Shifter

sai_iii
08-13-2003, 05:21 PM
Hey everyone! i'm new to this site and i've had my si for a few months now. i' can't believe i just found this site though, its great! The people at civic-si.com never answer questions so i had to look elsewhere. Anyway my si is a VBP and is bone stock, with about 4000 miles. But sometimes when i try to race and shift from 2nd to 3rd, or 4th to 5th, its like i don't even have the clutch in and i miss the gear. This REALLY annoys me and i would greatly appreciate any help.

02CivicSI-VTEC
08-13-2003, 07:52 PM
welcome to the homes of the EP's :D . humm if that is your problem maybe it could be the clutch. I've raced my car alot b4 after a while my clutch disc was heating up and the spring broke :( I felt bad for myself to hurt the 1st car that i ever had. it costed me a arm and a lag to get it repaired. now i dont try to shift hard or push it too much. well for your problem since you said you raced it might could be the snycho ( i think that how its spelled =\) or your clutch.got any pic of your car? any mods?

jandetuning
08-13-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by sai_iii
Hey everyone! i'm new to this site and i've had my si for a few months now. i' can't believe i just found this site though, its great! The people at civic-si.com never answer questions so i had to look elsewhere. Anyway my si is a VBP and is bone stock, with about 4000 miles. But sometimes when i try to race and shift from 2nd to 3rd, or 4th to 5th, its like i don't even have the clutch in and i miss the gear. This REALLY annoys me and i would greatly appreciate any help.

I responded to you under the username Jim Truett.

civic-si.com thread (http://www.civic-si.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=71746#71746)

I left a thought-out well written response, but I guess you would rather throw on a short shifter instead of inspecting your car for a possible problem. If there is a problem with adjustment, a short shifter would only amplify it. The adjustments are on the change mechanism mounted on the tranny. The short shifter relocates one of the cable sockets to a higher location, increasing mechanical advantage. It does not replace the shift pivot assembly.