PDA

View Full Version : 6spd on ebay - get your bids in

S800Racer
08-14-2003, 10:03 AM
I have a 6spd RSX-S transmission for sale on ebay. It is an early '02 with very low miles. It's very clean and appears to be in great condition. Auction ends Friday night and the reserve price is $900.00. Shipping cost will be whatever UPS charges to bring 90lbs to your door. If you have questions, drop me a line. The link to the auction is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2427222229

fsugatorbait
08-15-2003, 08:27 AM
looks like you ended up getting that motor, good job convincing the mrs...let me know how it works out for ya with the 5spd tranny.:)

BlackNRedSi
08-15-2003, 08:31 AM
Y arent you using the 6speed?

TrippZ
08-15-2003, 08:37 AM
doesnt UPS restrict shipments to 70 lbs?

fsugatorbait
08-15-2003, 08:52 AM
nah, they'll take shipments over 70 lbs as long as they can be handled by the carriers. 90 lbs isnt anything out of the ordinary, ive shipped wheels and tires that were over 100 lbs per box without problem.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-15-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
nah, they'll take shipments over 70 lbs as long as they can be handled by the carriers. 90 lbs isnt anything out of the ordinary, ive shipped wheels and tires that were over 100 lbs per box without problem.

are you sure about that?

i tried that once and neither ups nor fedex would take my package.

i had to end up shipping it via yellow freight = EXPENSIVE!!

fsugatorbait
08-15-2003, 09:06 AM
yeah i used ebay like a cheap whore back in H.S. partly because back then I worked for my dads manufacturing shop that had a regular UPS pickup and was able to ship everything for free. All they would do is use a yellow sticker warning the driver that the package was over 70lbs and to be careful. Ive shipped numerous packages over 70 lbs with UPS before, not sure if there retail outlet would accept packages that size but they never said anything bout it back in the day.

S800Racer
08-15-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
Y arent you using the 6speed?

I know everyone will think I'm crazy not to keep the 6 speed. But I really don't see any advantage in it for me. There is no doubt that the 6 speed will give better acceleration b/c of the closer ratios, but I don't plan on going to the dragstrip. I don't need the close ratio box for daily driving -- it would just mean more shifting. I do plan to do a few track days. But track day lapping is not a competition, it's just for the fun of driving fast on a racetrack and I think I can have as much fun with the 5 speed. The only other advantage of the 6 speed is having a better highway cruising gear. I don't do a lot of highway driving so that is not a big issue. Since I can sell a 6 speed for more money than a 5 speed (I certainly hope so), it makes good sense for me to keep the 5 speed. Or maybe I'm just crazy.;)

esmith13
08-15-2003, 05:18 PM
Dude, I was high bidder on this item on ebay (esmith213). I want to work out a deal with you for the tranny. Please contact me - esmith@simplicitbt.com

or you can PM me here -- Oh, your PM box is full

Eric

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-15-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by esmith13
Dude, I was high bidder on this item on ebay (esmith213). I want to work out a deal with you for the tranny. Please contact me - esmith@simplicitbt.com

or you can PM me here -- Oh, your PM box is full

Eric

Eric,
The longer gearing of your 5-speed tranny would be MUUUUUCH more beneficial if you're going turbo.
Longer gears will keep you at max. boost longer.
You'll also be shifting less = less lag.
I dropped 1/2 sec. in my old Civic EX turbo switching from the shorter geard EX tranny to the longer gears of the DX tranny.

---Adam---