PDA

View Full Version : rubbing

shimmy_yaz
08-14-2003, 02:02 PM
I have the Tein S-Tech springs and 18's I had read several post from people that had no problem with 18's and a 1.5" drop. It was fine but today i got an alignment and camber kit and now my back end is like an inch from the lip on my fenders. Anyone else have a similar prob??

shimmy_yaz
08-14-2003, 04:35 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid74/peda274262d6e7f8b3a90a60faca6fe2f/fb62de7e.jpg

see this is why i rub

shimmy_yaz
08-14-2003, 04:36 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid74/p63128771df9f0070087d4ac2fcf6ef82/fb62de7f.jpg

without my fingers in the way

glw
08-14-2003, 04:53 PM
a little negative camber won't hurt much and it would pull the tops of the tire inboard a little. i have mine just past the limit about 1.9 to 2.0 degrees...

shimmy_yaz
08-14-2003, 05:13 PM
Yeah that might be a good idea. The garage i took it to put them on and set it up perfect.

Vertigo
08-15-2003, 02:57 AM
At the local shop that i go to. They have a device called a fender roller. It mounts on the hub and has a rubber roller on a ajustable arm. All you do is take a heat gun and warm up the paint on the inner fender lip. Then tighten the roller to the lip. Then work the roller along the radius of the fender and keep tighting it to roll the fender inward.

shimmy_yaz
08-15-2003, 04:14 AM
Yeah I thought about maybe gettin my fenders rolled but I would like to try and not go there.

02SilverSiHB
08-15-2003, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by glw
a little negative camber won't hurt much and it would pull the tops of the tire inboard a little. i have mine just past the limit about 1.9 to 2.0 degrees...
when you say "pass the limit" I though our camber was 0 for oem and there was no limit and that was where it had to be according to specs. The only reason I ask, is I just installed that honda oem bolt for negative camber...I'm wondering how bad my tires will wear

glw
08-15-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

when you say "pass the limit" I though our camber was 0 for oem and there was no limit and that was where it had to be according to specs. The only reason I ask, is I just installed that honda oem bolt for negative camber...I'm wondering how bad my tires will wear
according to the helms manual:

front - both sides
camber = -0

02SilverSiHB
08-15-2003, 11:36 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by glw

according to the helms manual:

[b]front - both sides
camber = -0

shimmy_yaz
08-19-2003, 08:22 PM
Ok I am gonna try and adjust the camber tommorow and draw my tires in a little more to see if that will work. 1 problem I dont have a clue how to do this. How would I go about doing this myself and checking it??

glw
08-19-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by shimmy_yaz
Ok I am gonna try and adjust the camber tommorow and draw my tires in a little more to see if that will work. 1 problem I dont have a clue how to do this. How would I go about doing this myself and checking it?? adjusting the camber will probably mess up your toe really bad. if your toe doesn't get messed up we're only talking 2 degrees or so and that would be hard to measure in a normal person's garage.

it might be better to just take it to a professional shop and drop the $55. sears auto did a great job on mine and i got a 6 month warranty on the alignment.

good luck!

edit: sears also adjusted mine to meet my request which was out of factory spec... i only had to sign an extra form. they were very helpful and explained everything along the way.

02SilverSiHB
08-19-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by glw
adjusting the camber will probably mess up your toe really bad. if your toe doesn't get messed up we're only talking 2 degrees or so and that would be hard to measure in a normal person's garage.

it might be better to just take it to a professional shop and drop the $55. sears auto did a great job on mine and i got a 6 month warranty on the alignment.

good luck!

edit: sears also adjusted mine to meet my request which was out of factory spec... i only had to sign an extra form. they were very helpful and explained everything along the way.
awsome. I should have taken mine to sears to get out of specs request. NTB are sticklers. By the way what is your camber set in the rear?

shimmy_yaz
08-20-2003, 04:15 AM
I don't know what its set at.

glw
08-20-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

awsome. I should have taken mine to sears to get out of specs request. NTB are sticklers. By the way what is your camber set in the rear? i asked them to adjust the camber up front on both sides to -2.0

shimmy_yaz
08-20-2003, 01:40 PM
Yeah I don't know I am thinkin about takin it back to the garage that put the camber kit on and tellin them i want the reaer camber set at -2

shimmy_yaz
08-31-2003, 06:42 PM
Well I decided to just say fuck it and try and fix my car myself this weekend. Adjusted the camber in far enough that my wheels dont rub now so I am very happy:D :D :D

The camber don't look too bad but I don't really know exactly what it is set at but oh well i guess my tires wearing down a little faster is better than my fenders digging grooves in them.

chunky
08-31-2003, 07:51 PM
I have 225/50/15 tires in the back with a +37 offset wheel. When the rear tires are at 0 camber, the tires rub. if they're at -1.75 they don't rub.

So i'm gonna trim my fenders (about 2 min with my grinding wheel) and that should allow me to run -1 camber in the rear.