PDA

View Full Version : Had a problem with AEM CAI w/bypass

SubliminalSi
08-14-2003, 04:18 PM
I was painting my headlight the other day and noticed that the lower part of the pipe that has the bypass valve and filter on it had come apart. I didnt put it in and i dont have the tools to fix it so i took it to get it fixed. Well the guy working on it says that the bypass wasnt really supposed to go on it so it stressed to pipe or something like that because of the bypass. He said he could put another one on but in time it would just happen again. Ive had the intake for about 9-10 months...anyone else have a problem like this?

Zigen5
08-14-2003, 04:24 PM
That correct, AEM does not make a bypass valve for our car. Its actually bad to put one on. I asked the same question when I purchased my cai. So I'm not really worried unless I'm in a flood. :D So far the cai has done wonders for me...

!@#$%
08-14-2003, 06:49 PM
instead of spending 50 bucks on a bypass valve, i spent the 50 bucks on the injen splash guard. easily removable for the summer months down here in texas. :D

kenis138
08-15-2003, 06:21 AM
Man o man, dunno how many times ive posted on this. Yes, that is a dangerous set-up to be running with. You actually made out ok, but the worst case scenario (as told to me by AEM themselves) is that a piece of the bypass valve could potentially come off and get sucked up into yer throttle body. I would not keep it like that.