PDA

View Full Version : service check

handurass2u
08-14-2003, 07:54 PM
i took my car to the dealer today for a service check. the guy has no idea what i'm talking about. i told him my maitainance require light is on and i'm here for a service check. he just told me how to turn it off and i don't need a service check. i always thought if the car is under warrenty. the dealer can do service checks for free or am i just crazy?

skooba
08-14-2003, 08:49 PM
i dont think its for free. basically its the 10,000 mile tune up, all they really do is rotate your tires, and change your oil, and they charge you like $100. dont sweat it. just turn off the maintenance light.

STP03BlueSI
08-15-2003, 09:26 AM
wow 100 for a rotate and oil change...damn thats pricy

BlackNRedSi
08-15-2003, 09:38 AM
Dealerships charge you out the ACE!

dj addicted
08-15-2003, 10:26 AM
wow..my dealer charged me just under 25 bucks

bigcase
08-15-2003, 11:46 AM
i cant stand the "service checkups", man. thats just some bullshit for them to jack money out of you. but the way that they get you to pay for it is even shadier. they say, if you show a potential buyer all your service records you can get more for your car. i agree with them in some regards, but damn man, why do you have to rape someone who just payed fifteen grand for a car from you. AND THE SHIT IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY. i told em to go fuck themselves the time i called cuz i got that stupid as letter in the mail saying that my car was due for the 20000 mile service. fuck that. ill change my oil and rotate my tires my god damn self. sorry fellas, but that shit pisses me right off.