PDA

View Full Version : Huge Warranty Question

odyessy SI
08-29-2002, 04:12 PM
well some really horrible luck happend to me... my front bumper got scraped and i have about a 3 1/2 in. long scrape that is about 1/2 an inch wide. i am lookin around for a body shop that will repaint it for me but i was wonderin if the factory warranty would cover it as well as how much u guys think it would cost to get it fixed at some repair shop in case the factory warranty does not cover it.

2k2civicSi
08-29-2002, 04:18 PM
no they wont cover it unless they had the car at the dealer for some reason and it was there foult i cant tell you how much it would unless you post pics

SpeedRacer
08-29-2002, 04:29 PM
how did it happen

SpacemanSpiff
08-29-2002, 05:41 PM
Warranty won't cover it unless the front suspension had a catastrophic failure which caused the bumper to hit the ground, or maybe if the engine blew up and a piston went through the bumper or something.
However, your insurance should cover it, although it may affect your premium. But if it is filed under your comprehensive coverage, it may not affect your premium. I hit a deer several years ago and my comprehensive coverage paid to fix the car. With my insurance company, claims against the comprehensive policy don't affect my premium.

MPgrunt81
08-30-2002, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't reccomend an insurance claim just for the fact that after the deductible your not going to get much money and your premiums will likely go up. Good luck.... I know it sucks.

SmoothOperator
08-30-2002, 07:45 PM
Are you "in good" with your dealership? When I had a skunks "spray" eat through the clearcoat of my front bumper, my dealership took care of it for me :D

CleanBlackSi02
08-31-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
Are you "in good" with your dealership? When I had a skunks "spray" eat through the clearcoat of my front bumper, my dealership took care of it for me :D

I wish I'd get hooked up like that. My local Honda dealer has no clue....about ANYTHING!

SmoothOperator
08-31-2002, 01:31 PM
Well, from what I've learned in my business (TV Broadcasting), you should ALWAYS take the time to introduce yourself to new people, and shake a lot of hands. It always comes in handy down the road.
Whenever I'm in my dealership for whatever, I take the time to chat it up with the service guys. They're my new best friends :D

odyessy SI
08-31-2002, 04:47 PM
thanks for all the help guys. i'm gonna get it fixed at this place that does guarnteed factory color matching and provides a factory finish. the guy told me if i can put up the money u wont even know it ever happend. Well so its gonna cost me 300 bucks to get it painted and they'll have my car for the whole day. Man if people were just more careful in the damn parking lots my freakin car would still be mint.

william
09-01-2002, 12:16 AM
why not save up some money and but a mugen front bumper to replace your scraped one, that's all the justification i would need.

SmoothOperator
09-01-2002, 12:23 PM
I think Mugen only makes the lip spoiler, not the entire bumper.

MagusDC5
09-01-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
I think Mugen only makes the lip spoiler, not the entire bumper.

yup its just a lip

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/products/mugen/civic_ep/ep3_aerokit.jpg

SiCivic2k2
09-02-2002, 12:04 AM
Damn! That's sweet! I want that hood!

BlazeX12
09-02-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by SiCivic2k2
Damn! That's sweet! I want that hood!
the hoods nice, but i hate that lip kit, it looks like it doesnt belong, like when you were a kid and you tried to put your legos together with some other generic brand blocks, and it didnt quite fit right........ just my 10 cents, my 2 cents is free.

BlazeX12
09-02-2002, 12:35 PM
looking at it again, maybe its that black behind the license plate thats throwing me off, it looks the the opening in the front bumper kinda goes up, instead of the stock oval shape, what it that behind the lisence plate??

SiCivic2k2
09-02-2002, 12:56 PM
I noticed that too. Maybe it's for a european license plate?