PDA

View Full Version : Help! Unusual vibration/raspy pedals. Not smooth anymore. Help!

karlo_ep3
08-15-2003, 12:13 PM
When I drive my car there is a slight vibration on my pedals (all of them). And a raspy/rough feel when I work the pedals when the engine is running. It's not smooth like before. My car has 9k miles on it and it should'nt be like this, right? I'm so sad. My poor EP.

Is there something I could do? Any suggestion would help. Thanks. :'(

ApexinSi
08-15-2003, 12:54 PM
thats what warrenties are for... take it to honda.

karlo_ep3
08-15-2003, 02:50 PM
thanks for replying.

yeah, guess you're right. i'm just worried that they may give me some b.s. I wonder what's causing this problem? Has anyone encountered this?

andy
08-15-2003, 03:54 PM
I think others have noticed a "clicking" with their clutch pedal.
Is this happening with all your pedals - gas, brake and clutch?
If so, sounds like your cables are goofy - hard for me to imagine
you'd have a problem with your brakes, clutch and throttle all
at once...weird.

Take a good look at the pedals, make sure nothing is jammed
in behind them or anything like that. Otherwise, let your dealer/techs check it out.

karlo_ep3
08-15-2003, 10:56 PM
pedal area is clear of anything. I'll probably go to honda to have them check this out. Thanks guys.:D

chakra71
08-16-2003, 10:26 AM
i can usually feel some extra vibration/roughness in the peddles when i need oil. check your oil level.

karlo_ep3
08-17-2003, 03:39 AM
That could be it! I checked my oil level and it looks low. Not quite on the last bump on the stick but almost there. I noticed that this occurs after 15 mins. or so of driving. So it couldnt be broken mounts or something scary. I'll get some oil first thing in the morning. Thanks for the tip!:D

karlo_ep3
08-18-2003, 12:41 AM
chakra71, it worked! roughness/vibe on the pedals is gone. Thanks!:D