PDA

View Full Version : fuggin rattle

bigcase
08-15-2003, 01:28 PM
have any of you guys ever heard a rattle coming from in front of the slideable cup holder? everytime i hit the gas and then hit the brake and vice versa, it sounds like something is rolling around in front of the cup holder in the console. whatever the fuck it is, its driving me nuts. can anyone tell me how to get the god damn cup holder out so i can look back there? or am i going to have to rip out the whole center console.

Speck
08-15-2003, 01:50 PM
Do you mean the center cupholder? or the one to the left of the steering wheel?

I am going to assume that you mean the center cupholder. I had the same problem, but it started AFTER I had an aftermarket headunit installed. I would suggest to pop the panel that hold the shifter off and look down through the opening, you will probably find something down that that is very loose and just ziptie it tight again.

-=speck=-

Brettnyt
08-15-2003, 01:50 PM
Ive got rattles in my car, one by the glove box, one in the headliner towards the back (sounds like ive got wires movin around up there) and one kinda by the drivers side seatbelt... :( I dunno what to do about em either

bigcase
08-15-2003, 02:00 PM
i know, the shit is really pissing me off. i tried to get the center console off, but i ended up fucking it up. i guess i could take that panel off, but it sounds like its way down there. i can hear it rolling around down in there. GRRRRR i hate little shit like that when i cant fix it. is there a way to pull the sliding cup holder out? (and yes, i do mean the center console one)

BlasTech
08-15-2003, 02:36 PM
Bigcase, If you're in town, I've mastered getting the whole center console assembly out in a matter of minutes.

I have a garage, just let me know.

Spidey
08-15-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
Ive got rattles in my car, one by the glove box, one in the headliner towards the back (sounds like ive got wires movin around up there) and one kinda by the drivers side seatbelt... :( I dunno what to do about em either

re:glovebox.
check under the glove box. there is a panel there. Mine was rattling for a long time and I thought it was coming from inside or behind the glove box. It turned out that the panel underneath was loose. I pulled it out and snapped it back into place.

my dash creaks near the edge of the windshield. I think by the vents.

bigcase
08-15-2003, 02:57 PM
man, see this is exactly why i love this damn site. in a matter of minutes i have replies from a multitude of people with the same problem as me, insane anal retentive-itis. ahhaahaa just kidding fellas, thanks for the replies.
I HATE RATTLES. they will be the death of me.

oldschoolimport
08-16-2003, 12:08 AM
does anyone have seat creak whenever you turn a corner. the side bolts under the left side cover were not torqued down. that helped for like a minute and now it is back.

bigcase
08-22-2003, 11:19 AM
me and blastech got the rattle out. it was a screw that somehow got behind the cigarette lighter on that little tray. wasnt hard.