PDA

View Full Version : HP vs. Borla Header

TEMECEP3
08-15-2003, 04:47 PM
I currently have E.S. Motor Mounts, Injen Race Division Intake and Magnaflow catback exhaust. I'm currently in the market for a header. So far HP and Borla are the only companies that I can find that make a 4-1 header. I do not want a 4-2-1 header. Can anyone give some insight on which header is better, meaning which header will give me the lowest quarter mile time. I am not worried about losing bottom end power. I just want whatever will give me the best quarter mile time. I would greatly appreciate your opinions. Thanks...

JSIR
08-15-2003, 06:26 PM
I always thought the Borla is a 4-2-1 design ?. Anyhow with the stock rev limiter I think the low cost HP header may be the best bang for the buck. The last dyno info we seen or heard about the Borla header was that it gave a pretty decent gain but it was only in the last 300 rpms or something like that . If you had a hondata revised rev limiter that header may have more potential. From what I've seen on my car the HP header was good for gains at more rpms than just the very tail end of rpm band, so I guess with the stock rev limiter it may be as good as any other header.

Now that Jackson race header sounds like something that may really wake up our top end performance, looking forward to some dyno info on that header.

Joey

Whoisray
08-15-2003, 11:53 PM
I was thinking about going the magnaflow exhaust/borla header route. How doyou like your exhaust?

Dunrick
08-16-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by JSIR
I always thought the Borla is a 4-2-1 design ?. Anyhow with the stock rev limiter I think the low cost HP header may be the best bang for the buck. The last dyno info we seen or heard about the Borla header was that it gave a pretty decent gain but it was only in the last 300 rpms or something like that . If you had a hondata revised rev limiter that header may have more potential. From what I've seen on my car the HP header was good for gains at more rpms than just the very tail end of rpm band, so I guess with the stock rev limiter it may be as good as any other header.

Now that Jackson race header sounds like something that may really wake up our top end performance, looking forward to some dyno info on that header.

Joey

I agree. The borla header kicks in around 5k and helps your top end totally. With Hondata, it must be very nice. If you got a test pipe with the borla header, you would get the same gains as the jackson racing header. The main reason that gets such good gains is because it replaces the cat. The Borla header also adds a bit of throaty sound when your around 3k rpms and just stomp on it (i-vtec kicks in). I like that.

Also the reason the borla gives top end power, is because its a long header, it includes the downpipe, so it comes together right before the cat.