PDA

View Full Version : 2 Months of Work in Car Audio and ..... THIEF !

C1V1C
08-16-2003, 06:17 AM
I just finished the wiring my car audio yesterday and my proudly made fiberglass enclosure. I still can remember the smell of the resin and the touch of bondo. Here's what I have done.

http://www.choco-lab.com/civic/box.jpg

http://www.choco-lab.com/civic/amp.jpg

How do you like it ?

Civicvtec1ps
08-16-2003, 06:18 AM
looks tight:D

C1V1C
08-16-2003, 06:22 AM
Then .... this morning, my neighboor old lady, hit my buzzer like crazy ......... I woke up and run down the stairs. Look what I saw ...

http://www.choco-lab.com/civic/window.jpg

http://www.choco-lab.com/civic/console.jpg

Poor me. I just spent $1000 for Ins deductible because some one hit my car and broke the rim and all the suspension has been reworked.

now another thing came up. Is $1000 per accident ? or one time ?

C1V1C
08-16-2003, 06:27 AM
I will ask my landlord to rent his garage. If he doesn't want to do that I will sell all the stuff I have there.

1. Alpine M300 - Mono - 375 W
2. Eclipse 3242
3. Box
4. JL 10w3v2 - 300 W

If interested, PM me ... :(

chunky
08-16-2003, 08:19 AM
nice amp.

i have the eclipse 33230.

right now it's running in 400x1 @ 4ohm, but it can do a few stereo modes.

what modes does your amp run in?

IceD out N CALI
08-16-2003, 08:23 AM
dayum that really sucks. hope u find the bastard that did that. like the sub set up in the back

Whoisray
08-16-2003, 08:27 AM
Sorry man! This is why I don't have and won't have ICE. It just makes your car a huge target. You got no alarm right?

C1V1C
08-16-2003, 08:29 AM
Eclipse run for comp speakers .. Alpine run for the sub. I just heard it for 1 day ... then gone :( :( :( I really hate this.

blackyEP3
08-16-2003, 08:36 AM
Sorry about your lost buddy...............man, those thieves had no mercy on your car man! :(

Where were you doing the installation? At home??

C1V1C
08-16-2003, 08:40 AM
I did my install at home, I cut and fabricate everything under the sun at my apartment backyard. now I even look darker than my gf :) she used to complain that my skin look lighter :)

I just found out that there are another car parked 6-7 cars behind me got the windows broken into also.

anyone know online parts store ? I am thinking to install the console myself.

paralysis
08-16-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by C1V1C
I did my install at home, I cut and fabricate everything under the sun at my apartment backyard.

With that said I would say someone in your apartment complex has your stuff or told a friend what car had the good stuff in it. But that is just my .02

TrippZ
08-16-2003, 09:13 AM
what the hell man why do so many Si's get broken into

rediculous i say!

good luck finding the thief. good luck to the thief for trying to survive the beating he'll get if i find him!

IceD out N CALI
08-16-2003, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by paralysis
[B]

With that said I would say someone in your apartment complex has your stuff or told a friend what car had the good stuff in it. But that is just my .02

STP03BlueSI
08-16-2003, 10:14 AM
damn that sucks.

I really hate to see people bust their ass to make their car nice, and say "damn this looks good". and then some @$ck Tard comes along and steals the @$it!

You slave time, money, energy, and probably acouple late nights workin on that work of art!(and damn for bein a scrach built box it looks good!)

Theif- doesnt work, and doesnt appreaciate other peoples stuff!.:mad:

If i were you i would rebuild, not sell. If you sell it that means your dream got up and ran, If you rebuild, you will have something you will honor. I had the same thing happen to my saturn right before i put my parts on it(wing and rims), and did some poor mofo stop me..no.

greenguy
08-16-2003, 10:44 AM
It sucks to be violated! I feel your pain. Always insure your stuff on a second "underwriter" policy with your insurence company. Its cheep and doesnt affect your normal rates. Example: $2000 in coverage would run appx $10 per month. If those items are Lost, stolen or dammadged then the policy pays out replacement cost for the items that you have reciepts for. Thats it, no deductable, no fuss, no muss:)
Good luck on your clean up. Hint: a cold shower will calm the nerves:p

chubbychu
08-16-2003, 10:49 AM
ive been reading all these vandlism. theft stories, but one thing that always pops up is, "i hope you find em" how does one actually go about doing that? seeing as how the town is so freakin big! I know in my town (little), everyone is connected, so if i ask the asian community, chances are, theyll know, actually we dont get many thefts/vandalisms here. BUT say in bigger places, how do you find that one little crook?

natesi
08-16-2003, 12:46 PM
Dude, I would **never** **ever** work on my stereo in an apartment complex where I live. That's like a major no-no. You're advertising to everyone in that vicinity that you are installing after market equipment AND where your car will be conveniently parked waiting to be broken into. It's almost like daring someone to break into your car. If there are any thieves in your complex at all, or a thief visiting a friend in the complex, and they are looking for something to steal, need money, or whatever

JLannoo
08-16-2003, 01:45 PM
Did your headunit have its face on it?

Zero Three Si
08-18-2003, 09:31 AM
Dood....one of your neighbors has your stuff....

I know headunits are nice....but if you want to be low pro about stuff....keep the stock headunit....and put only speakers and amps in.

And never do your installation in broad daylight.....the guy who has your stuff watched you install it.

crex2nr
08-18-2003, 11:27 AM
sorry to hear what happened to you ride. i hope that they catch the bastards:eek:

danoonez
11-25-2003, 06:28 PM
Do you have any pictures of it now. I wanna see how well the body shop cleaned it up.

C1V1C
11-25-2003, 10:38 PM
Hi, I got some money from the insurance company. So I used it to buy a new headunit and cables. I have a high $1000 deductible. so I have another $1000 for Head Unit, Cables and center panel.

Center panel cost me like almost $800. To save on install, I did it all by myself, since I installed the audio by myself in the first place. So pretty much I know what to do.

If you need anything else, let me know.

danoonez
11-25-2003, 10:42 PM
Oh wow, 800 buck for the center panel! Thats good you could do all the install yourself, I'd do it myself if I could, if nothing else to keep other people out of my car, and to be sure that it was done right. Anyway, glad to hear everything worked out, your story gives my Ep and I hope for the future:)

raiyo
11-25-2003, 11:19 PM
so many sad stories. now i dont wanna do anything to my car and stay stock.

skooba
11-26-2003, 12:19 AM
well i just bought a viper 790xv alarm. my car sits right in my driveway near my room. so even if they manage to disable it in 10 seconds, ill hear it and be out the door with a bat across their head by then.

alarm first, fun stuff second.

That kinda scares me, reading this post, I'm debating on putting in 2 15"s, but now I wanna rethink this....

guess I'll look into the added insurance, and then not worry about it.

master7
11-26-2003, 07:25 AM
I think for this reason of break ins for the snatch/grab on the audio works- I might just get aftermarket speaker all the way round and just run them off the Factory head unit.

Maybe you guys should try these few things ..... tint windows a little bit, make sure car has a nice alarm, take the face off or flip it if its a feature on the unit and park in spots were car can be seen by the public ( including yrself) , Stealth everything when possible- speakers , cds, all wires. even might be a good idea to get those sun block things people put in their front window in the summer time and most of all just keep in mind yr system brings attention to yr car ,,so dont think after you have put thousands of dollars in yr audio - someone else wont hear it and take notice!!!, Probably half of the break-ins are done by people that are informed by other people in yr hood. Its f'ed up but its the truth!!!

The best audio setup are the simple and sweet ones .

Sorry to hear about the lost on our eps with these audio thefts. It pisses me off- I 've had my last too rides become victims, So i try to very alert to the security of My Silver speace ship....

For the victims .. Throw yr GUNZ in the AIR!!!!!!!!

C1V1C
11-26-2003, 09:25 AM
It is true that your car might be worked on because someone in your neighbourhood knows about it.

Regarding the TINT .. it is Chicago here, not allowed to have anything on fronts and windshield, except rears. Shitty cops are all around.

I think I will stay like it is now, no more major upgrades until I got a proper Job. I am graduating this December. If anyone got an opening for a structural engineer, let me know. I am willing to relocate :)

yo Danoonez ! if you need help with installing the center panel or else, let me know. you might want to try it yourself first. at least will save you a few bucks. I got a quote from a body shop, they quoted $250 for checking the HVAC cables and install it back. So I think it is worth to try.

GOOD LUCK !

Zero Three Si
11-26-2003, 10:53 AM
That definitly is a good idea to keep the stock headunit and aftermarket speakers. I know my buddy did that with his maxima. Replaced all the speakers and put in subs but left the headunit stock.

You don't see too many cars getting jacked with factory headunits.

danoonez
11-26-2003, 11:33 AM
yo Danoonez ! if you need help with installing the center panel or else, let me know. you might want to try it yourself first

I appreciate it. And I would try to do it myself if it werent for a few things. 1) My deductible is only $500 2) While my car is in for interior repairs I'm getting all the body damage (due to other instances of vandalism...a damn bb gun) fixed at the same time (and insurance is also paying for that). So basically I end up paying only $500 for a helluva lot of repairs, so I'm not gonna mess with it. I'll just let the body shop do all the work and have my car back to brand new in a little bit. Can't wait to have her back though.