PDA

View Full Version : Creepy experience- someone came to my house

snubnose
08-16-2003, 11:00 AM
I had a really unpleasant experience just now. I heard a knock on my door and when I answered it some guy was outside looking into the window of my Si. He was trashy looking, about 23. His car was parked in front of my house with the engine running. Inside were three of his friends.

The one who knocked on my door said, "Sorry about the disturbance, need any driveway work done on your house?." I said no and the guy said, "Sorry about the disturbance," got into his car with his three friends, and drove off. He didn't speak to anyone else on the street.

I think he was checking out the car and who lived in the house.

Whoisray
08-16-2003, 11:11 AM
creepy... time to get that spy cam out

Peking
08-16-2003, 11:42 AM
Yes, be wary.

Go_EP_Go
08-16-2003, 11:47 AM
for reals...looks like they're trying to get some research on ur car and on u...i say its time to camp and watch out for ur car

snubnose
08-16-2003, 11:51 AM
I should have asked to see the guy's driver's license. If he was reluctant, then I know something was wrong.

the JigGa mAn
08-16-2003, 11:51 AM
how old are you??? if your old enough buy a gun...pop the bitch who trys to jack your shit...when i turn 21 thats what im buyin...till then i got a lead pipe hiding under the drivers seat..a baseball bat in the trunk and a golf driver on the back seat floor...cos im a small guy so ppl might try to fuck with me or my shit which i worked hard for so i gotta protect it..

bobdobbs
08-16-2003, 11:53 AM
You're marked, dude. Get an alarm with the most painful siren you can afford. Or, make sure your insurance is current and start thinking about a new car.

bobdobbs
08-16-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
how old are you??? if your old enough buy a gun...pop the bitch who trys to jack your shit...

Self defense is one thing, but you cannot use deadly force to protect property. Not even to injure. No car is worth having a felony on your record.

Peking
08-16-2003, 11:56 AM
Not sure what the laws are in your area, but here you cannot shoot someone if they are stealing your car, tv, etc. Only when your life or the life of another is in danger. If they enter your home, they are free game. I know it sucks, but that is the law here. So becareful before you shoot anyone, don't want anything coming back on you.

snubnose
08-16-2003, 12:05 PM
"I went outside and saw this guy breaking into my car. I asked him what he was doing and he started walking toward me. I was scared for my life. He had some kind of weapon. I hit him with my baseball bat. I never meant to hurt him. His brains went all over the place."

bobdobbs
08-16-2003, 12:08 PM
That would stand-up in court for at least 12 seconds.

Peking
08-16-2003, 12:29 PM
Yeah, it depends on how far the investigators, and prosecuter want to take it. Say that, and the victims family says different and/or there are witnesses. Could be a whole lot of mess.

natesi
08-16-2003, 12:31 PM
I kinda wish someone would steal my car. It's nice and all, but I'll get a higher pay off than if I sold it or traded it.

irrational
08-16-2003, 12:42 PM
next time come at them like this.....
http://www.irrationalimports.com/contact/ryan.gif
.....and i can assure you that they won't return

BlasTech
08-16-2003, 01:10 PM
Hmmm, time to get the old needle-filled cushion and set it in your seat at night...just remember to remove it in the mornings! :D

Or just stick one of these on the windows:
http://home.austin.rr.com/dmcknight/lowjack.gif
Just kidding, but I hope you can find a garage! Were they like driveway gypsies? what kind of car was it they were in? how old? were they mullets?

swapp99
08-16-2003, 01:30 PM
<<<<<< Avatar<<< says it all !!

bobdobbs
08-16-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by natesi
I kinda wish someone would steal my car.

So you can buy that Hyundai.

[j/k, man. take it easy... ;)]

the JigGa mAn
08-16-2003, 01:51 PM
bob you make a very good point..but i dont have the balls to kill anyone...id just scare the shit outta them or kick there ass really bad....since this post ive come to think and i removed 2 of my said weapons...

what is low jack??

and if someone steals your car...how much does insurance give you???

EDIT: snubnose why not call the cops and tell them about what happen and ask them to keep a look out..i know we do that when ever we go on vacation and have the cops keep a look out on our place...

BlasTech
08-16-2003, 01:55 PM
Lo-jack is a GPS-based system that will allow police to track your car if you report it missing, and I think they can disable the car from a distance by remote control too.

natesi
08-16-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs

So you can buy that Hyundai.

[j/k, man. take it easy... ;)]

Yea; maybe. But I certainly hope they never find the car, and if they do I hope it is totaled. I don't want to be driving a car that's had much body work on it--they are never the same.

brian g
08-16-2003, 02:29 PM
Of course you wrote down his license plate and a description of the car and people and reported it to the police. That way when the police are investigating the car theft that happened a couple of blocks away, were no one answered the door when those guys knocked, the police can catch them.

brian g

bobdobbs
08-16-2003, 02:56 PM

Yea; maybe. But I certainly hope they never find the car, and if they do I hope it is totaled. I don't want to be driving a car that's had much body work on it--they are never the same.

I hear that. Plus the car is tainted if you try to sell it. If they run a vehicle history report, it looks bad. Better if it's never found.

Peking
08-16-2003, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by brian g
[B]Of course you wrote down his license plate and a description of the car and people and reported it to the police. That way when the police are investigating the car theft that happened a couple of blocks away, were no one answered the door when those guys knocked, the police can catch them.

I think that falls under "Woulda, shoulda, coulda", if your not joking.

Brettnyt
08-16-2003, 05:27 PM

EDIT: snubnose why not call the cops and tell them about what happen and ask them to keep a look out..i know we do that when ever we go on vacation and have the cops keep a look out on our place...

Little do you know, the cops are breakin into your house every night to party, drink, and screw... Make sure your pets are safe... ;)

the JigGa mAn
08-16-2003, 05:31 PM
well good thing the cops arent the only ones who know of us being out of town...we also tell family to keep an eye out...and drive by at night to make sure things are goin good

IceD out N CALI
08-16-2003, 05:57 PM
I kinda wish someone would steal my car. It's nice and all, but I'll get a higher pay off than if I sold it or traded it.

just leave your keys laying around i'm sure someone will just take it. (just playing)

dj addicted
08-16-2003, 06:49 PM
on a serious note.. did you get a description of the vehicle they were in.. also a description of them?? Call the police and let them know that some suspicious people came to your house and tell them the story. They will then have it on file, and if someone does steal your car, then they have a bit of a lead to go on. Plus then it will be on record. I did this with my older civic and the local police came out every few days and just drove through the neighborhood. If anything, the cops drivebys might be enough to scare them off to another car or something.

DX4U2NV
08-16-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Atlas1133
Not sure what the laws are in your area, but here you cannot shoot someone if they are stealing your car, tv, etc. Only when your life or the life of another is in danger. that's why you stand behind the car with a gun... if the car starts moving, dive out of the way and shoot the fuck. say he tried to run you over... better yet, get a stun-gun. i'da shocked him just for knocking on my door... heh heh heh

87gn
08-16-2003, 08:42 PM
You're marked, dude. Get an alarm with the most painful siren you can afford.

screw a siren, you need a junk yard dog. just imagen them opening the door and jumping in to find your keys still in the ignition, a german sheapard in the dark back seat and a sticker on the wheel informing him that if he gets out the dog will mame him, if he touches the keys........the dog will mame him.

its a win win situation, eather you will find about 3/4 of a dead body OR if you and him are lucky and he dosent make a move ya will find him setting behind the wheel a few days later.
:D

how old are you??? if your old enough buy a gun...pop the bitch who trys to jack your shit...when i turn 21 thats what im buyin...till then i got a lead pipe hiding under the drivers seat..a baseball bat in the trunk and a golf driver on the back seat floor...cos im a small guy so ppl might try to fuck with me or my shit which i worked hard for so i gotta protect it..

ive been threw 3 car jackings and one attempted break in of my house. 2 of the car jackings i had a billy beside the drives seat and i knocked them both out, one i hit in the mouth and i found his teeth in the little vent under the window. (ive still got them if any one wants to host a few pics for me) i plan on makeing them in to a key chain some day

the last car jacking i was in the camaro and some one tryed to force there way in to the locked door so they jumped head first in to the window, i floored it threw the light while he was half way in the car. i would have taken it up to 120 and pushed him out but i was having to fight him and drive so i only got it going about 60 before he fell out, i would have prolly ran him over if i could have turned around fast enough but by the time i got turned around he had done hobbled off some where.

then a while back i was setting in my computer room where im setting now with the crank out windows open and the blinds shut. i have this sawed off single shot 12 gauge pistol that i KNOW aint legal but i keep it around because its been in the faimly for years and i spent ALOT of time reblueing it and hand carveing a new pistol grip.

to get to the point i was in the chair and i herd some one behind the blinds in the bushes and i could see the blinds rattleing. i got up quietley and grabed the 12 gauge pistol and i grabed 2 shells off of the desk, i loaded in a blank that i had cut the shot out of and i had a slug round ready to go in after i fired the warning shot (after all it would take some one a few seconds to recover when they hear it go off). i stuck the barrel of that shot gun threw the blinds and all i could hear was brushed rattleing as he jumped over/through 5 foot tall bushes and took off running down the street like some kind of olympic runner

come to think of it i should have let him come in to the window and steped out from behind the door on his ass. i would have said "by law i have to give you a warning before i kill you, consider this your warning" and then i could have started rocking back and forth like a crazy person while singing marry had alittle lamb or the theam to mission impossable while waveing the shot gun.

anyhow, weapons can get ya in to trouble if ya carry them around. im BIG in to gun collecting, hunting, and target shooting and i usually go several times a month to various public ranges and to a privite range weve got. one time i took a trip to a range and i had gotten back alittle late. the next day not thinking i grabed the keys for the olds and it to school. durring lunch i went out to get a book or something out of the trunk with several friends and when i opened it up there was a winchester modle 94 big bore in 444 magnum, both my short and long barrel lc smith doubble barral 12 gauges, a colt trooper in 357 magnum, all of my colt-sour high power rifles (joint venture between sig-sour and colt back in the 70s they make new ones today but there no where near as smooth and solid of a action) and about 30 boxes of ammo :eek: i about shat my self, i just jumped in the car and drove home and grabed another ride.:( i was jummpy for the rest of the day when ever a teacher walked up to me.:confused:

natesi
08-16-2003, 09:09 PM
"shat" is a cool word.

:cool:

DX4U2NV
08-16-2003, 09:17 PM
"shat" is a cool word. yeah... and a real one too. it's the past tense of shit, in case you couldn't figure that out. if you don't believe me go to www.m-w.com and type it in...

btw, awesome stories 87gn, you always do some crazy shit. :D

LASI02
08-16-2003, 09:45 PM
I'd probably shoot em, I mean thats why people have two knee caps, right?:angel: Besides I paid all this money for a gun, I'm gonna atleast scare the shat out of them.;)

2k2ep
08-17-2003, 10:35 AM
Seriously man thats not cool get the best description you can and call the police to make a report. I'ts never to late I hope you got the plate#. Take everything out of your car now dont give them any reason to steal it. Also if you can take the time to wipe off your fingerprints from windows and other smooth surfaces (around door handles) it will make any prints found easier to deal with. Good luck

87gn
08-17-2003, 03:35 PM
I'd probably shoot em, I mean thats why people have two knee caps, right? Besides I paid all this money for a gun, I'm gonna atleast scare the shat out of them.

the problem with that is the gun its self, my pistol has about a 6 inch barrel on a 12 gauge, if i was to use any type of "shot" i would prolly take out both knee caps and half of his head and pepper every thing in between.:o

personally i DONT like fireing it, i can shoot any one of my normal shot guns with one hand no problem but pistols jerk up instead of push back like a rifle or shot gun. the few times that i have fired it it felt like some one grabed my thumb along with the rest of my fingers and pinned them agenst the top part of my arm at the same time as the pistol grip nailing me cleanly in the ribs.

HASNIC
08-17-2003, 04:59 PM
Thats nasty man, there have been a few cases over here of people breaking into or trying to break into houses to steal the keys to their respective CTR's.

We aren't allowed to harm someone if they break into our houses as if we do we can be charged with assault. We can only use self defense so if our life is in danger then we can use the minimum force required to protect ourselves.

Thats what pisses me off about the UK, I might not want to shoot someone but if someone breaks into my house I want to be able to hurt the son of a bitch.

Just keep your eyes and ears open for anythign dodgy in your area, if they did this to you then they probably did it to others aswell.

TrippZ
08-18-2003, 10:16 AM
87gn's posts are always entertaining

did you guys know that in texas, if you kill a burglar, he has to die IN your house in order for it to be self defense.

BlackNRedSi
08-18-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by TrippZ
87gn's posts are always entertaining

did you guys know that in texas, if you kill a burglar, he has to die IN your house in order for it to be self defense.

drag the dead body into your house then!

Papa Bear
08-18-2003, 04:14 PM
Yes, buy a gun, pop the bitch and spend the next 20yrs in prison. Beautiful. If they are going to steal it, they will. You can make it harder for them but there is no sense in risking your life for a civic or any other car for that matter. Did you get the plate # on the car? A description of the guys? Get a serious alarm with some horns inside the car. Start removing your ecu if you are worried. Park another car behind yours in the driveway so that they can't tow it easily etc. Try and outsmart them instead of outgunning them.

potator
08-18-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Papa Bear

Yes, buy a gun, pop the bitch and spend the next 20yrs in prison. Beautiful. If they are going to steal it, they will. You can make it harder for them but there is no sense in risking your life for a civic or any other car for that matter. Did you get the plate # on the car? A description of the guys? Get a serious alarm with some horns inside the car. Start removing your ecu if you are worried. Park another car behind yours in the driveway so that they can't tow it easily etc. Try and outsmart them instead of outgunning them.

;)

Oh, and to the original topic starter, yeah, I agree with all the others saying you should get a serious alarm system, and tell the local cops around your area to keep an eye out. Looks like those fools got you in check.

aRz
04-11-2004, 01:05 PM
Well i dont know if you guys know about this but i bought my car with "LifeTrack" it's lojack basically... but you need a 4 digit pincode to start the car, it automatically locks doors after 3 mins if you 4get to lock it, you can track the car 24/7 online on their website and if you lock key;s inside or anything they can unlock,lock, or shut the car down completley...

it was $500 but theirs no monthly payments ;)
i love it, the only thing is that im 17 and if my dad wanted he can track my car online to see if im lying or out somewhere else, but i have a real cool relationship w/ my pops and he trusts me so i dont lie to him...

anyway its a great system worth the money and some research...:cool:

chubbychu
04-11-2004, 01:20 PM
dang man...dont you feel all paranoid now?! just go buy the lifetrack thing and try to lock up and stuff. if you can...get a video cam going.

TrippZ
04-11-2004, 01:53 PM
wow two big revivals in one day.

that lifetrack stuff sounds sweet, im gonna have to lookinto that.

Ep3 No.2
04-11-2004, 01:55 PM
i know that this is a super old post ( i have no idea how u came upon this arz) but they have s new system like that sold through the dealership. i believe its called network car. and it does all the features you described plus more. like pinpoint where you are. how fast you are driving, fastest you went, if anything goes wrong with your car it sends you a email. so much stuff for about the same price. but theres a monthly fee. the best thing i thought about it was that with that system you no longer have to get smogged. if anything goes wrong you get sent a email reguarding emmisions. pretty bad ass but scary at the same time.

aRz
04-11-2004, 02:07 PM
lol yo i was trying to do a search on how to trouble shoot my ecu cuz my check engine light is on i wanted to see if it was from having no cat or from my v-afc2.. anyway this came up and i just wanted to let that guy know about lifetrack

televated
04-11-2004, 02:29 PM
Where did you get the LifeTrack system? What's their website?