PDA

View Full Version : Spoon products at dealership!

Jester
08-16-2003, 01:34 PM
I get to the dealership this afternoon and see a euro yellow SIR with CF hood, real Sw388's dunlops, spoon exhaust, tie bar etc....very nice!

I go inside and they've got a black one with the GFX package, and a bunch of shit on it, Typhoon intake, Big UGLY chrome rims, lowered on eibach and a bunch of sricker and graphics on the side...SPOON (sticker)?

I imediately go to the back and sure enough it has a spoon N1...cool (rest of the car looks ike shit!)

I inquire about the exhaust as to how much it would be asuming it's just axle back...$950 Canadian..I give them a look like WHAT?

"for an axle back"?
"no it's a whole catback" they tell me
"no it's not" I get down and check the midpipe, "It's only got, the stock midpipe, how can you charge for an catback"...guy gets down and says..no its a full catback it has new bolts in the cat"...whatever I tell him that spoon doesn't fit USDM SIR's and I confirmed this with a local tune shop...I explain that the pipe is still stock size and that spoon would be at least 2.25".....dumb ass

3 of the salesmen come over and try to tell me otherwise and show me a technical illustration of the stocker..."but that's the stock exhaust"...I just say whatever that's a rip and leave...I could tell they were startin to squirm about it with the excuses...

what are they thinking?
I got a quote for $625 from the same shop that they got it from..Am I wrong about this or are they really trying to make a buck off some poor cat...

BlackNRedSi
08-16-2003, 02:19 PM
thats a shame, they are trying to rip some poor joe

Brettnyt
08-16-2003, 04:16 PM
mmm, spoon..... I belive that spoon N1 is on ebay right now for pretty cheap...

Civicvtec1ps
08-16-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
mmm, spoon..... I belive that spoon N1 is on ebay right now for pretty cheap...
right aroud 245 now+ shipping.
auction has couple days left

Zigen5
08-17-2003, 06:54 AM
Here in FL, there is a dealership in Brandon and it has a souped up Black Si and they are asking around 30k for it... Ugh, no... LoL :o

TheMutt
08-17-2003, 07:33 AM
So if you buy a modded car from the dealership do you still get warranty?

Civicvtec1ps
08-17-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by TheMutt
So if you buy a modded car from the dealership do you still get warranty?
most likely yes. my fried bought FP civic and couple aftermarket parts on his ride. he still had all warranty but i guess that depends on dealers

Jester
08-17-2003, 08:40 AM
If the dealership installs the parts...YES!

I know there is a dealership that offers the Jackson Racing supercharger with warranty in
Toronto somewhere.