PDA

View Full Version : alignment question

VIZHUNZ02SI
08-16-2003, 11:33 PM
i live in miami does n e one here know where i can get my camber kit installed and an alignment for a very good price n does good work so i dont have to be goin bac n forth

greenguy
08-16-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by VIZHUNZ02SI
i live in miami does n e one here know where i can get my camber kit installed and an alignment for a very good price n does good work so i dont have to be goin bac n forth
What suspension mods have you done?
How mechanicley inclined are you? The rear camber kit is a simple linkage that is very easy to replace. Just have to know how to turn a wrench;)
If you take it to a shop they will probally charge you a couple of hrs laber @~$70.00 an hr.
Alignment is mostly a labor charge, so......

VIZHUNZ02SI
08-17-2003, 07:33 AM
i have a 2 inch drop n my rear is camberin bad as for my front it doesnt look like its cambered but it is

greenguy
08-17-2003, 09:32 AM
i have a 2 inch drop n my rear is camberin bad as for my front it doesnt look like its cambered but it is
Ok, What type of components gave you that 2" drop? Springs w/ stock shocks or did you smartly buy and install a coilover setup?
Here is the best pic that I have of my rear camber link. You remove two bolts that attach to the frame and one that attaches to the rear tire setup. remove the pice that looks like the one in the pic (thats non adjustable) and put in the new adjustable one. Once you get the rear jacked up with tire off you will see whats involved. Its really not that difficult and will save you a few $$.
Now the fronts, If you are useing the stock shocks with lowering springs, then you will need the front kit. Its a bolts that is shaped funny, and can be adjusted. This is a matter of removing a bolt and replacing it with the new one. If you have ciolovers than hopefully depending on manufacture, there will be room for adjustability. My KW v2. have this adjustability and I did not need my front "kit", and would be happy to send it to you for the price of shipping:).
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/p41bc4a1824ddf48c2d9e76d1f481ebe4/fb5d6fc8.jpg

VIZHUNZ02SI
08-17-2003, 04:50 PM
i got lowerin spring with stock struts.but how would i know that the rear is aligned perfectlyif i do it my self is there a tool i have to get to seeif its lined up rite?

greenguy
08-17-2003, 05:30 PM
i got lowerin spring with stock struts.but how would i know that the rear is aligned perfectlyif i do it my self is there a tool i have to get to seeif its lined up rite?
No. You pre adjust the new one to the same lengh as the eom piece. Install it and drive your car to the alignment shop that you choose. I would not try to align my car. Let the guys who have a "laser" alignment machine to do it right. Call around and ask if they can do lowerd cars. This means that you can get the vehicle onto their rack.
hope this helps:)

glw
08-17-2003, 07:47 PM
i got lowerin spring with stock struts.but how would i know that the rear is aligned perfectlyif i do it my self is there a tool i have to get to seeif its lined up rite? setting the toe would be more difficult, but a small level and a piece of straight wood a little larger than your wheel is all you need to get the camber in the ballpark of 0 degrees.

place the wood from the top of your wheel to the bottom of your wheel. place the level against the wood and check that your wheel is perpindicular to the ground. adjust, repeat.

i recommend a professional alignment!