PDA

View Full Version : Tinting window need help

02CivicSI-VTEC
08-18-2003, 11:53 AM
I need to remove my tints because it is too dark 20%. a fellow CHP pull me over and told me to get it remove.. so yeah i am wondering if any one know how to remove it?? all i want is just my two fronts removed

ALCT
08-18-2003, 12:09 PM
Get a garbage bag and cut it open so that it will be big enough to cover the entire window. Spray some water on the outside of the back window and the lay plastic bag over the glass. Cut away excess plastic so that it is now roughly the same shape as the glass.

Lay a tarp over seats, door panel and spray ammonia liberally on the inside of the window. (Ammonia is very strong, I suggest you hold your breath during this step) and cover ammonia soaked tint with the plastic bag so that it won't evaporate.

Park the car with rear window facing the sun for about an hour. The film should now be ready to peel.

Once the film is peeled you will need to scrub the adhesive off with ammonia and fine 0000 steel wool.

Mop up scrubbed areas with paper towels before they dry. Finish up with window cleaner and paper towels.

hope this helps, don't inhale ammonia it smells nasty.

02CivicSI-VTEC
08-18-2003, 02:49 PM
well i got it off within 10 mins =) thanks no more worry about cops busting my for my front tints. say... the omg windows look kind a tinted already.. is it? seem like it to me =)