PDA

View Full Version : stock seat trouble: upholstery

TI 3VOM
08-18-2003, 06:41 PM
just checking to see if anyone else is having this problem...

at the red plastic "hole" of the stock seats, the suade is pulling away from the bottom, exposing the piping that the red plastic pieces are capturing to hold the upholstery up there.

i went to the dealer and they sent me to an automotive uphostery shop. the guy used a curled spackling knife to push the piping back up into the lip of the red plastic. he also 'massaged' the upholstery upwards and outwards. it seems to be ok for now.

he pointed out where it was happening on the passenger seat at the same place. i asked if it was me or just a poor design. he told me it was the later. he also said if it continued to go back to the dealer and have them order new seat covers.

anyone else have this happening?

SinisterCivicSi
08-22-2003, 03:32 AM
i dont have that problem but i would definatly nag the dealer for new seats, thats just ridiculous. dont even bother with the service techs.....go straight to the general manager and complain that you paid xxx amount and the car is already falling apart. make em feel bad. lol

cease
08-22-2003, 11:48 AM
my problem with the stock seats is that im getting wear on the bottom half "sit down part", and where the lap belt rubs the seat (if that make sence)

but i think BSEVER had that problem with that red plastic part.

BSEVEER
08-22-2003, 03:46 PM
Yes I did. On the passenger seat I could see the piping comming out of the "red hole" and the dealer replaced the seat cover for me, no problem.:D

TI 3VOM
08-22-2003, 07:59 PM
thanks everyone!

have the new covers been working out alright?

Peking
08-23-2003, 04:03 PM
Whoa, glad that hasn't happened to me... yet.

Mad02Si
08-25-2003, 07:21 PM
My problem is the side bolster got a puncter in it some how and it's wearing the fabric down and tear the seat. Are seats covered in the warranty for things like tears and such?