PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Using Wax as You Dry Stuff...

JSIR
08-18-2003, 07:03 PM
well over the last year I just cant find the time to give the car a real good wax job, I feel guilty as all hell but I just havent been able to get at it.

I just tried that new Wax as You Dry stuff, it seems to work alright from what I can tell, gives a smooth wax like finish and a bit of shine to it as well. It smells like wax, so there must be a bit of carnuba in there doing the job. It rubs into the paint pretty easily too. With the car being washed twice over, I was able to do the entire vehicle in about an hour with no hard scrubbing.

Dunno how long it will last , anyone else try this stuff ?, if so does it hold up over time ?. I figure if it gets me through summer I'd be happy, I can probably take the time and do a real good wax job in the winter months when she's in storage. Looks like I can do about three wax jobs with one bottle, the bottle says up to 7 or 8 jobs but I highly doubt it.

Joey

02TafWhtSi
08-18-2003, 07:45 PM
I've been using it since May. Its good stuff but I wouldn't trade it for regular wax. It just doesn't seem thick enough to last a long time - maybe a few weeks before it wears off? I hand wax my EP every 3 months so I use this in between and after each wash :)

JSIR
08-19-2003, 05:33 AM
ah cool, that makes sense, thanks for the info, so it should hold me over until I get a chance to give her a good waxing.

Spidey
08-19-2003, 11:54 AM
hey, what is the stuff called? this sounds pretty good to me for inbetween wax jobs. I only wax my car 2x a year, fall and spring but this would probably help and it sounds easy.
how does it work?

AkronSi
08-19-2003, 01:32 PM
I love this stuff. I've found that it's a good addition to my arsenal of car care products. When your in a bit of a rush, it's a littlw quicker than drying and then quick detailing your car.

Like 02TafWhtSi, I reguarly wax my car, usually about once a month, but it's a good way to maintain and extend your shine and slickness. If you use it pretty reguarly, it should extend your wax the whole summer.

I've heard of people who have used it great as a stand-alone quick detail spray (using it dry).

JSIR, my experience has been that it really will last for 7-8 jobs. You don't need much. I do about a dozen squirts per car. I just sort try to spray it in lines, instead of all on one spot. Then use a good microfiber towel for an intial wipe and then another dry towel for a final buff.

HondaMan
08-19-2003, 01:52 PM
It works great IMO. I only wax my car every 6 months, but I use a 4 step process.

BTW, I used Wax as U Dry last week and these were the results:
http://www.pryor.ws/honda/gallery4.htm

The last time I waxed my EP was 9 months ago, so I'm overdue but the shine is still there. :D

JSIR
08-19-2003, 01:54 PM
I must have beenn using too much of it then as I used about 40% of the bottle on one application. I'll know better next time.

The stuff is called Wax as You Dry, its made by Eagle One and comes in a red bottle. I rather like the product after using it once.

I tried putting on some of the old fashioned Mothers liquid carnuba wax last night on my hood as a comparison, the hood didn't look any differenct as compared to the rest of the done with the Wax as You Dry stuff. Pretty similar appearance and feel.

One thing I really hate waxing is the bumpers, this Wax as You Dry product makes it so much simpler, I think I may use it permanently just for the bumpers and not stress about waxing them with the other stuff.

thanks for the replies, its good to hear other positive feedback as sometimes you think these products might be a gimmick, but this one really works quite well.

Joey

rgGolf4
08-20-2003, 01:32 PM
I've tried this as well. I think its a pretty good product and does what it says. The finish definately looks better after using it...and last longer than I would expected.

I apply it straight onto the car (sparingly and still wet) and just use my Absorber to dry. Some parts get a little hazy and I use a microfiber towel to buff out. I like that it doesn't harden like other waxes and it can be applied to a wet car. I don't mind waxing normally, but I do tend to get lazy when washing and detailing. This is perfect, as I don't have to use the Quick Detailer anymore.