PDA

View Full Version : aome questions for u owners

grooveline
06-24-2002, 08:49 AM
Gentleman,

1. I am seriously considering the Si. How do you feel about your purchase? Are there any noticable flaws right off the bat with car?

2. I have heard there are some problems with the windows not working. Whats up? Major defect?

3. How long do you think the pretty Si badging will last before someone takes it from your car? If I wanted to remove a badge, like the Civic or Si, how is this done? Are there any marks left on the paint from them?

4. Whats the deal with taking of the I-Vtec decal? Is this the new style?

5. I took a look at the engine compartment.. it looks very tight to say the least. Are strut bars gonna be able to mount to the front shock towers?

Let me know what you think.

Grooveline

Brenetics
06-24-2002, 09:38 AM
Welcome to ephatch!!

Originally posted by grooveline
Gentleman,

I am seriously considering the Si. How do you feel about your purchase? Are there any noticable flaws right off the bat with car?

I love my car, heh the only "flaw" I have is that the engine doesn't come broken in so I don't have to short shift for 600 miles:p

I have heard there are some problems with the windows not working. Whats up? Major defect?

I haven't heard anything of the sort.

How long do you think the pretty Si badging will last before someone takes it from your car? If I wanted to remove a badge, like the Civic or Si, how is this done? Are there any marks left on the paint from them?

I hope no one takes it, I've heard that using dental floss is the safest way to while using "Goo Gone" to get rid of the adhesive once the sticker is removed.

Whats the deal with taking of the I-Vtec decal? Is this the new style?

I've seen a couple peeps on here doing it but I wouldn't personally.

I took a look at the engine compartment.. it looks very tight to say the least. Are strut bars gonna be able to mount to the front shock towers?

Yes it does look cramped as it is, but there are enough crafty bastards who will work around that:D

SBC31
06-24-2002, 10:05 AM
The Si (SiR in Canada) is excellent:

Here's my answers to your 5 questions:

1. One word: Sweeeeeeeet

2. Some people have had a problem with one window not working, but this is nothing major and gets replaced under warranty. Not a major defect at all, just a few cars.

3. Where do you live, is taking off badges still in style? You can use a hair dryer to make the sticky stuff come loose, then take it off with dental floss.

4. I-VTEC decals are way too big, and I just like my car to be clean. Took them off about 2 weeks after getting the car, and the carf now looks much better.

5. No worries for after market parts for this car, they are coming in "Fast and Furious"ly. No matter how tight it is, there is always a way around it.

xlr8
06-24-2002, 03:24 PM
it seems much less cramped under the hood once you remove the stock air box. i love my car and have had no problems

02TafWhtSi
06-24-2002, 05:04 PM
One word - awesome. I have absolutely NO regrets for buying this car. I looked at many others incl. the VW Gti 1.8t, base RSX, Tiburon V6, Celica GT-S, and the Matrix XRS but while some came close, none really matched the level of build quality, refinement, and plain old fun you can have in a less than $20k car. My 2 cents but I'll reccomend this car to ANYONE who asks me!

SilverArrow
06-25-2002, 02:27 PM
I totally agree with you 110%:cool:

iR-VTEC2
06-25-2002, 02:38 PM
I totally agree with the people above however, I do have a peeve about this car. I wish......it came with a better sound system. It's good, don't get me wrong, but my 99 accord LX's stock stereo fricken POUNDS compared to my Si.

Also minor things like no surface to air missles, cannons, oil slicks, radar etc etc. Couldn't hurt :D

02TafWhtSi
06-25-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by iR-VTEC2
I totally agree with the people above however, I do have a peeve about this car. I wish......it came with a better sound system. It's good, don't get me wrong, but my 99 accord LX's stock stereo fricken POUNDS compared to my Si.

Also minor things like no surface to air missles, cannons, oil slicks, radar etc etc. Couldn't hurt :D

ROIGHT - my first mod was a more powerful stereo/head unit before I found out there's no install kit available till July 3rd from Scosche. Oh well, at least its a CD player

iR-VTEC2
06-25-2002, 04:49 PM
I know : (. I just went today to a local shop and they said the same thing. I was like "sunsabitches!!!". That's why im buggin about the stereo.