PDA

View Full Version : Springs and Struts

Lucid Moments
08-19-2003, 04:14 PM
I know this has been asked before, but when I search I got 256 possible threads so here it is again.

I'm looking to lower my car and improve the handling some. This is my daily driver so I don't want to go too far. I've found a bunch of springs, but who makes shocks for an EP3?

I'm looking for 1.5 to 2.0 inches drop. I'm running 17" Konig Helium Bronze wheels on a silver Si.

Any help is appreciated.

Suk02Si
08-19-2003, 05:19 PM
1.5" drop - Eibach Sportline, Tein S Tech

2.0" drop - Progress, Sprint, etc.

If you want shocks, your only option right now are the Koni inserts. You can get the Tein Basic which is a full coilover(shock/spring) for about 900 which is about the same as getting hte Koni inserts and some Ground Control coilovers.

Civicvtec1ps
08-19-2003, 05:58 PM
koni yellow is the only aftermarket shocks for ep3 mp3. go with fullcoilovers. tein basic. tein ss, b&G

02TafWhtSi
08-19-2003, 06:30 PM
Mugen sports suspension: specifically designed shocks/springs for our EP, 1.5" drop, very easy install. A little pricey @ $1K but they will last forever and are totally sweet. Here's the link for: King Motorsports (http://kingmotorsports.com/product.asp?detail=1549)
:)

IceD out N CALI
08-19-2003, 06:40 PM
eibach sportlines work pretty good and fall within the range of drop you want.

Lucid Moments
08-19-2003, 07:46 PM
Thanks alot guys. I'm probably going to go with the Eibach Sportlines, and wait and see what happens with shocks down the road.

Lucid Moments
08-23-2003, 08:21 PM
Forget my last about waiting to see what happens. I just ordered my Eibach sportlines and Koni Yellow's today. :D Anybody know a good shop in Northeast Georgia to put them on for me?

1abSi
08-24-2003, 06:04 AM
talk to hondaman he lives up there near you.....

civic hatch boi
08-24-2003, 09:04 AM
you do know that koni's have to be modified to fit rite? and they're only inserts, they're not the actually strut. im waiting for tokico's or kybs.

EP33
08-24-2003, 10:23 AM
Here (http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail.php?Tech_ID=EP_KONI) is where you'll find out what needs to take place in order for the Koni's to be installed.

Make sure whom ever does the install DOES NOT use an impact gun on the top of the struts as the adjuster sleeve will break, and you will be assed out of a strut(s). Koni WILL NOT replace them so make sure you/they use two wrenches on the tops of those struts. It's in the instructions, so make sure they're followed.

civic hatch boi
08-24-2003, 11:19 AM
koni = too big of a hassle.

EP33
08-24-2003, 11:30 AM
It's relative to your skill/desire level. Some people are just up to the challenge. . .some are scerd, or don't want to be bothered with learning.

I can make mine real hard can you?

:p

just having fun. . .don't hate

;)

IceD out N CALI
08-24-2003, 11:36 AM
if it was me i probably would have waited on the shock until (hopefully) kyb or whatever brand came out with a more user friendly shock. the shocks can take a lickin before they blow imo. that is unless you're rough on em like canyon racing

sniperSI
08-24-2003, 11:36 AM
Mugen is the only way to go.

Konis have to be modified and then you have to add a spring which will drop it more then the EP, hence, the konis will wear out (just like my boys accord)

Mugen is the full suspension and spring made with the 1.5 drop already accounted for in the strut / shock setup.

it's a little pricey but AYE! Go to honda-tech.com ask those cats what they think of their mugen suspension setup.

Tein's are the way to go for full control of your setup, however I think mugen has the more resources to tune our suspension to what it should be unless your a hardcore auto xer who needs his fiddling time.

EP33
08-24-2003, 11:51 AM
sniperSI Mugen is the only way to go.

That Mugen sh*t is nice. Too late for me at this point, would have been an option fo sho:)

wooman
08-25-2003, 12:07 AM
let me ask this question then... i just got my car lowered on the weekend... with H&R springs... 2.0" drop (which looks a lot nicer than stock IMHO) how long before the stock struts will blow??