PDA

View Full Version : problem with my ww spoiler

02situner
08-19-2003, 08:30 PM
has anyone else had problems with the ww spoiler not lining up right. i can get all the bolts in with out a problem except the one on the passenger side. the very last one. it is off about a half an inch. and i made sure i didnt have the other bolts tighted up.

and does anyone have the instalation guide for it. i went to ww and they show for a standard civic and the directions they sent me were the same.

i just want to get it prefited so i can get it filled and painted.

beansbear
08-20-2003, 02:41 AM
only problem i had with ww spoiler is it didnt sit flush and had a slight upward angle on the back glass. I fixed it by adding a little more foam padding to the front of the ends.

All holes line up perfectly on my wing. try not tightening down the wing on one side first and make sure that the wire for the third brake light isnt caught between the spoiler and the body.

BlackNRedSi
08-28-2003, 09:28 AM
where did you put the foam? i am kinda having this problem with my kaminaria wing....

Eric

beansbear
08-28-2003, 09:33 AM
on the two ends of the wing where the bolts go, I added foam to the bottom end facing the front of the car. i added just one thin layer and thats all it needed to aim the spoiler toward the glass and give it a flush look.

BlackNRedSi
09-04-2003, 10:30 AM
02situner how are things going with your wing?! Update us, got pictuers?

eric

02situner
09-04-2003, 04:44 PM
ok i prefitted the wing and found i am going to have to widen the hole on the passenger side so it will line up. i have the holes where the WW emblems go filled and almost ready for primer. i have been taking my sweet time just becuase i have been busy doing other stuff. here is what it looks like right now. i should have it primered tomarrow though.
http://www.garlic.com/~jerrydj/mycivic/wing/Picture%20008.jpg

i also have the paint for my calipers but still have to do those. hopefully this weekend i will get off my lazy @ss and do it.

MoodySi
09-04-2003, 08:18 PM
Everything lined up fine for me, however the wing does not sit perfectly flush. Bolts should line up perfectly. For info on where to put the foam stuff, look at stock wing and match it. I did that and it worked fine.

beansbear
09-04-2003, 08:46 PM
my wing sits flush after i used my foam trick :)

of course i dont know anyone with a real type r wing in hawaii to compare it to...

BlackNRedSi
09-05-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by beansbear
my wing sits flush after i used my foam trick :)

of course i dont know anyone with a real type r wing in hawaii to compare it to...

take a picture, we can tell if its flush...

:)