PDA

View Full Version : Ack! C.E.L light....(man, this blows)

chubbychu
08-19-2003, 10:08 PM
anyone remember this thread?
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9701
well, that was about a screw, and i totally freaked out!

anyways this is about a CEL and, rest assured i am scared out of my mind.

this is how it goes, i was on my way home to change and go to work, so its like a scorching 100+ degress out and i go home and change, i come out, start the car. and immediately, somethings wrong.....as best with my limited car vocab as i can describe it, the idle was rough and sputtery, like there was a big cloth over the intake filter or something. AND the throttle wouldnt work. so i shut off the car. and POW the CEL is on. Now i drove around after work when it was nice and cool, so im guessing its drivable, but, i want to find out whats up. im taking it to the dealer thursday. So it wont be a big problem.

ive got Ebay intake, and 2.25 midpipe.
a couple things that i concluded were possiblities were;

1. not enough oil (but i just passed the 10k mark and had it changed not too long ago)
2. Ebay intake not filtering properly
3. TOO hot? when i popped the hood the intake was hot to the touch.
4. silicone vaccuume tubes melted?
5. HELLLP!!!!

THanks! mike!

02SilverSiHB
08-20-2003, 10:12 AM
damn man, I have a bad feeling it may be that damn screw :( take the ebay intake off and put the stock one on...same for the midpip if possible. And I hope they don't notice that hondata gasket. they will void your warranty in a heart beat

chubbychu
08-20-2003, 10:29 AM
yea, i dont have hondata gasket, but will the dealer void warranty for intake?

02SilverSiHB
08-20-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
yea, i dont have hondata gasket, but will the dealer void warranty for intake?
most will, especially if something like that is wrong with your car. usually it's an appraiser for honda that comes out and checks the car to access whether or not it is the drivers fault or manufacture. The dealership will of course go with the intake and say it voids the warranty

chubbychu
08-20-2003, 06:14 PM
SQUEAL WITH DELIGHT!!!!

YAYAYAYAY it went off, after a couple 30 miles of driving..it went off....i was just thinking about how bad this is gonna be and POW it went offffff.fYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! okay well, im happy! bye bye!