PDA

View Full Version : who in the hell..

mental
08-19-2003, 10:35 PM
alright which one of you assholes is selling this!!! I need to say one thing to the person whom is selling this car... ARE YOU INSANE!!! and contact me via aim and let me know what you reserve is cuz i want that car!:D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6256&item=2428656896

Mugen_EP
08-19-2003, 10:37 PM
Its "Modernperformance"s ride. The last he said was he wanted a NSX.

87gn
08-19-2003, 10:56 PM
who would pay 90 grand for a "performance" car that only runs mid 13s:eek:

Civicvtec1ps
08-19-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by 87gn
exotic car enough said.
1/4 miles time .pfft who cares

Mugen_EP
08-19-2003, 10:59 PM

ME! As a performance car it is awesome around the track and thats what is was built for. Any moron can drive in a straight line and "performance" isn't always about the 1320 (though it is nice:D).

civic hatch boi
08-19-2003, 11:06 PM

why do people pay so much for horses? they're so slow.

chubbychu
08-19-2003, 11:11 PM
yea not meaning to stray off onto a tangent, but unless you are adam saruwtari, the nsx should stay on a track...! also, thats a cool ep.

87gn
08-19-2003, 11:27 PM
but the nsx only has a .93 skid pad. a vette gets 1 g on the skid pad, hell even a regal/cutlass/monte carlo can get 1g on the skid pad for less then a grand in suspension mods.

a stock vette will out perform a nsx in EVERY aspect and be about 1/2 the price, but if you HAVE to pay 90k for a car you could buy something like this, a twin turbo corvette.

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2428574768&category=6168

once you get my the name tag the car keeps looking less and less apealing.

87gn
08-19-2003, 11:29 PM
why do people pay so much for horses? they're so slow.

that sould have worked soooooo good if i had mentchend horse power in that quote :D

the JigGa mAn
08-19-2003, 11:46 PM
but the nsx only has a .93 skid pad. a vette gets 1 g on the skid pad, hell even a regal/cutlass/monte carlo can get 1g on the skid pad for less then a grand in suspension mods.

a stock vette will out perform a nsx in EVERY aspect and be about 1/2 the price, but if you HAVE to pay 90k for a car you could buy something like this, a twin turbo corvette.

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2428574768&category=6168

once you get my the name tag the car keeps looking less and less apealing.

depends on what kinda of vette...Z06?? sure...base model?? im not too sure..

StrangeShadow
08-20-2003, 12:52 AM
ME! As a performance car it is awesome around the track and thats what is was built for. Any moron can drive in a straight line
ditto

87gn
08-20-2003, 01:46 AM
Any moron can drive in a straight line

yeah right, id like to see you climb in to the cock pit of a 3000 hp machine, scrap your ceaster in to a seat 2 inches above the asphault, blast off at over 200 mph and see if your butt dont pucker.

theres alot more to drag racing then you think

first you have to learn all about the diffrent lights and how to stage, then you have to cut a good rt and its not that simple, ive practiced for YEARS to be able to cut near perfect lights, the trick is to shallow stage and then count for your roll out times.

then IF your able to launch with out bogging or sending the tires up in smoke you have to deal with some other issues like when your driving a high hp car you have to brace your left arm and shift with your right, thats where alot of new racers mess up, they dont brace there arm. when that nose lifts off the ground the front suspension will destorte unless your holding it tight. if you just have you hand resting on the top of the wheel your going to nail the retaining wall or the car beside of you when that car comes down and your wheels pointing in the wrong direction. keeping the car in its grove is pretty simple but then you have to experiment with your shift points and once the runs over you have to worrie about pulling the chute, ive seen a few guys forget and end up going threw the nets and sand trap at the end of the strip.

lastsaga
08-20-2003, 03:04 AM
hm, since i'm a noob on the board, dunno if it's my place to talk.. but..

i'm sure he was just overexaggerating. as much as i do appreciate the skills of a good drag racer, i believe what he was trying to emphasize is that there's just a whole lot more to learn when it comes to track/auto-x/touge.

i hope we (the board) don't get into an argument over this..
different sets of skills.. let's just leave it at that and let this issue come to a rest, yeah? :D

87gn
08-20-2003, 04:28 AM
i hope we (the board) don't get into an argument over this..

na we wont, they know ill slotter them in a stright line:D but they also know that i would have to slow down to 15 mph to take a corner with out my drag radials rubbing:p

i was kidding about the first part any way, herd it on a joke mp3 and ive always wanted to use it:angel: ;)

Mugen_EP
08-20-2003, 08:27 AM

yeah right, id like to see you climb in to the cock pit of a 3000 hp machine, scrap your ceaster in to a seat 2 inches above the asphault, blast off at over 200 mph and see if your butt dont pucker.

theres alot more to drag racing then you think

first you have to learn all about the diffrent lights and how to stage, then you have to cut a good rt and its not that simple, ive practiced for YEARS to be able to cut near perfect lights, the trick is to shallow stage and then count for your roll out times.

then IF your able to launch with out bogging or sending the tires up in smoke you have to deal with some other issues like when your driving a high hp car you have to brace your left arm and shift with your right, thats where alot of new racers mess up, they dont brace there arm. when that nose lifts off the ground the front suspension will destorte unless your holding it tight. if you just have you hand resting on the top of the wheel your going to nail the retaining wall or the car beside of you when that car comes down and your wheels pointing in the wrong direction. keeping the car in its grove is pretty simple but then you have to experiment with your shift points and once the runs over you have to worrie about pulling the chute, ive seen a few guys forget and end up going threw the nets and sand trap at the end of the strip.

First off how do you compare a NSX and a Corvette to a 3000HP beast that will hit 200 MPH in the quarter. Of course its different and that takes skill but you are taking it to the extreme.

I've been drag racing for about 6 years now so I think I know a little about the sport. I can cut good r/t's and know how to stage but of course that comes with time and experience.

Since I race FWD the rest of what you typed is irrelevant to me.:D

Either way I was refering to stock cars with the average Joe driving. Not full blow race cars with guys who drive for a living. That would be like me saying, "Any moron can catch a football" and you respond by saying, "Go play in the NFL".

I see your point but you took what I said out of context.

Dunrick
08-20-2003, 10:53 AM
Because the Corvette is a Corvette and Barbie had one. NSX is JDM goodness, and is just as reliable as a Accord, yet has the potential to be a fuckin race car. There is a reason its so expensive. It is also more hand-made than Ferrari cars. You get what you pay for.

HondaMan
08-20-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Dunrick
Because the Corvette is a Corvette and Barbie had one. NSX is JDM goodness, and is just as reliable as a Accord, yet has the potential to be a fuckin race car. There is a reason its so expensive. It is also more hand-made than Ferrari cars. You get what you pay for.

Well said...I would love to have a NSX.

Mugen_EP and I saw a sweet modded NSX last month in SoCal & it was an "old" NSX. NSX's my not be the fastest thing out but they are badass and look great to boot!

BlackFL2k2Si
08-20-2003, 11:57 AM
As much as I love the NSX, I don't think it is worth $90,000. I would rather spend that on a R34 imported by MotoRex:D

HondaMan
08-20-2003, 12:09 PM
True, $90,000 isn't cheap!

Type X
08-20-2003, 01:46 PM
Hondaman's the high bidder

;)

i knew i knew that EBAY USER ID lol :angel:

redronin22
08-20-2003, 03:10 PM
IMO skyline gtr looks like a legend coupe on steroids. nuttin special about the styling. The engine however is pretty damn bad ass. But ill still take a NSX over a skyline anyday. Skyline would only impress guys n racers/ricers. Nsx just has that universal appeal.

then again skyline = 45-90 k

nsx = 90-118 (type-R)

Type X
08-20-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by redronin22
Hope you like my headlights. Cause when we race, that's all you're gonna see foo!

BWAHAHAHAHHAAHAH

if i see ur HEADLIGHTS i am winning u spaz

LMFAO :'( lol

HondaMan
08-20-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Type X
Hondaman's the high bidder

;)

i knew i knew that EBAY USER ID lol :angel:

LOL, yep! :D

87gn
08-20-2003, 05:20 PM
First off how do you compare a NSX and a Corvette to a 3000HP beast that will hit 200 MPH in the quarter. Of course its different and that takes skill but you are taking it to the extreme.

go back and read my last post because im pretty sure i said this

i was kidding about the first part any way, herd it on a joke mp3 and ive always wanted to use it:angel: ;)

HASNIC
08-20-2003, 05:57 PM
The NSX-R is a very quick car on the track. I had a video of an ultimate supercar race with teh following cars:

(from memory)
Ferrari F50
Ruf turbo
Porsche 996 C4
NSX-R
Lambo Murcielago
there were 2-3 more but I can't remeber what they were, anyways the NSX-R was only beaten buy the F50 and Ruf turbo (I think).

The Lambo was faster down the straights but just couldn't keep up when it came to corners.

I'd like to see a corvette (stock ie not aftermarket tuned) beat an NSX-R.

Power isn't everything when it comes to circuit driving;)

87gn
08-20-2003, 11:54 PM
but power is every thing when it comes to street driving;)

StrangeShadow
08-20-2003, 11:59 PM
3000 hp machine, scrap your ceaster in to a seat 2 inches above the asphault, blast off at over 200 mph and see if your butt dont pucker.
bahahaha sure doesn't sound like an nsx...which was the subject rofl this is funny crap,
WOW...when they said nsx I forgot about motorex option...crap, when I get out of college and am making bundles...I'll buy both just to spite everyone lol...a different car for every day of the week...or maybe like that one baseball player...a different one for every day on the month rofl.

87gn
08-21-2003, 12:46 AM
ive got one for every 2 days of the month lol

StLouisSilverSI
08-21-2003, 04:57 AM
Just an FYI...GM hired the NSX suspension team to build the current model Vette suspension...

BlackNRedSi
08-21-2003, 11:57 AM
So yeah......

Back on topic....where was this guy when i went to buy MY EP! :(

I hope someone buys this!

and a question for you all....

Why is it when people put cars on eBay they dont just start @ the price they want for the car, instead of putting a reserve on it, that most of the time never gets met?

Eric

StrangeShadow
08-23-2003, 11:18 PM
if he can't sell a turboed (technically)type-r for that much there's no way I'm gonna find someone to take over my payments...:rolleyes:

HondaMan
08-24-2003, 07:39 AM
If I had the $$$ I would buy this EP! I bid up to $15,000. :)

BTW, it sounds like his reserve price is around $25,000.

HondaMan
08-24-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
Its "Modernperformance"s ride. The last he said was he wanted a NSX.

You sure its Modernperformance"s ride? Now that I look at it closer, I'm not so sure. Besides, I thought his shop had a different ebay ID than skidtron02. :confused:

Mad02Si
08-24-2003, 09:48 AM
Thats Modern Perf's car alright, only one like with a Modern Performance sticker on the windshield.

HondaMan
08-24-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Mad02Si
Thats Modern Perf's car alright, only one like with a Modern Performance sticker on the windshield.

Hmmm...its hard to see the Modern Performance sticker on the windshield in those pics. So, I'll take your word for it. ;) :p ;)

redronin22
09-05-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Type X

BWAHAHAHAHHAAHAH

if i see ur HEADLIGHTS i am winning u spaz

LMFAO :'( lol

uh derrrrrr, its cus barely modded Si's are slow.

StrangeShadow
09-06-2003, 04:43 AM
You sure its Modernperformance"s ride? Now that I look at it closer, I'm not so sure. Besides, I thought his shop had a different ebay ID than skidtron02
yeah, that's his ebay ID.
hey! I like the new avatar hondaman :thumbsup: funny stuff:D

2k2_nbp_egg
09-06-2003, 10:20 AM

Hehe I like how you took the most expensive price possible for the car and paired it up with one of the very meteoker 1/4 mile time and also compared a horrible skidpad for it w/ the best attainable w/ a vett z06. btw I know you know that skidpad doesn't determine a cars handling....an evo pulled a 1.0G skidpad one day for motor trend, and the same car pulled a .87 a week or so later on a different pad. So toss that shit out the window, it's not very consistent.

I think a better comparison would be how you can attain a used 97 or so 3.2L V6 VTEC equipped NSX for in between 25-35 grand (almost the same car as the new one) and run LOW 13's stock (every NSX i've seen at the track was running low ass 13s / high 12s w/ light bolt ons). *thinks from 87gns POV* OK yes, stock LS1 f-bods can do that too, but for the extra cash, you have to be a real dumb mother fucker to not see where the few extra bucks went. (the immensely superior handling, styling, and driving experience) Not to mention on top of that you can supercharge it for a nice tunned reliable 400-450RWHP.

as for the NSX vs Z06 arguement....well....the Z06 is quite literally the best bang for the buck and is rather refined, but like I've said before, they both can perform very good, and to some people performance is not everything. The Z06 however, IS a car that is making honda think twice about their "supercar".

btw only REAL chump ass bitches that don't know shit about cars and want to BlInG it up pay 90k....and buy a brand new NSX or pay motorex to import a skyline for them.

p.s. NSX-R > GT-R IMO

redronin22
09-06-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by 2k2_nbp_egg

Hehe I like how you took the most expensive price possible for the car and paired it up with one of the very meteoker 1/4 mile time and also compared a horrible skidpad for it w/ the best attainable w/ a vett z06. btw I know you know that skidpad doesn't determine a cars handling....an evo pulled a 1.0G skidpad one day for motor trend, and the same car pulled a .87 a week or so later on a different pad. So toss that shit out the window, it's not very consistent.

I think a better comparison would be how you can attain a used 97 or so 3.2L V6 VTEC equipped NSX for in between 25-35 grand (almost the same car as the new one) and run LOW 13's stock (every NSX i've seen at the track was running low ass 13s / high 12s w/ light bolt ons). *thinks from 87gns POV* OK yes, stock LS1 f-bods can do that too, but for the extra cash, you have to be a real dumb mother fucker to not see where the few extra bucks went. (the immensely superior handling, styling, and driving experience) Not to mention on top of that you can supercharge it for a nice tunned reliable 400-450RWHP.

as for the NSX vs Z06 arguement....well....the Z06 is quite literally the best bang for the buck and is rather refined, but like I've said before, they both can perform very good, and to some people performance is not everything. The Z06 however, IS a car that is making honda think twice about their "supercar".

btw only REAL chump ass bitches that don't know shit about cars and want to BlInG it up pay 90k....and buy a brand new NSX or pay motorex to import a skyline for them.

p.s. NSX-R > GT-R IMO

bull shit u can get a 97 nsx for 30 k. ur lucky to get a 91-92 in good shape for that much cheddar. If u found a 97 nsx for 35 k its a POS. Trust me ive looked into it. BTW Paul Walker owns a Too fast too ricey skyline. =-)

Dunrick
09-07-2003, 09:31 AM
NSX-R > SKYLINE GT-R for Shuuure!

That car is on rails dude...its even faster in the 1/4, which means NOTHING. That thing rails...all carbon fiber!!

2k2_nbp_egg
09-07-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by redronin22

bull shit u can get a 97 nsx for 30 k. ur lucky to get a 91-92 in good shape for that much cheddar. If u found a 97 nsx for 35 k its a POS. Trust me ive looked into it. BTW Paul Walker owns a Too fast too ricey skyline. =-)

Meh they vary too much...i've seen 93's go for the same price as 96's, and I said 25k to 35K. Here's a 97 for 39...pretty close....but also wasn't 97 the first year they introduced the 6 speed 3.2L in the NSX?

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=135756133&dealer_id=105539&car_year=1997&make=ACURA&distance=any&max_price=40000&model=NSX&end_year=2004&advcd_on=n&min_price=1000&address=77005&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=1992&color=&cardist=964

BTW...would any of y'all hit this?
http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=116273796&dealer_id=105539&car_year=2000&make=ACURA&distance=any&max_price=40000&model=NSX&advcd_on=n&end_year=2001&min_price=0&first_record=26&address=77005&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=1993&=&color=&cardist=964

How much do you think it would cost to fix that? I know the front end doesn't have that much stuff in it...washer fluid holder, other misc. stuff, but that frame would be pretty pricy I would imagine...but its still a 2000 NSX for fucking 22K :o

StrangeShadow
09-09-2003, 01:24 PM
plus you can replace the front w/the nsx-r front and lights.