PDA

View Full Version : tein stech problems?

4g63dsm
08-20-2003, 11:49 AM
thinkin about getting S-tech but i've heard that they are not made specifically for the ep and so the spring rates will be off. i have heard that h and r makes springs specifically for our cars . but i still would rather go with tein and its jdmness. anyone notcied any problems usig tein s-techs???

Civicvtec1ps
08-20-2003, 01:14 PM
ehh seems like everyones happy with thier tein s tech springs. spring rates arent biggie. tein s tech is made for 01-03 civics.
heres one review
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14934

Tenacious G
08-20-2003, 01:35 PM
yeah, official word from Tein was these springs are made for the EM2 cars, but they will fit EPs. i have a set, but now that i think about it, the spring rates are a bit on the soft side, so i'm debating whether or not to install them. i'd like to get into auto-x, but wonder if these springs will do more harm than good as far as handling goes.

but like Civicvtec1ps said, most people's review of them seems to be favorable.

dchu
08-20-2003, 01:57 PM
H&R claims the springs are made specifically for our car but evidence proves otherwise. The boxes come with three layers of part # stickers. RSX on bottom, 01-03 Civic in middle, and 02 Civic Si on top. I've also found that the part # on the springs are exactly the same for all of the cars mentioned. A member also measured the drop closer to 2" instead of the claimed 1.4". With that being said...I'm not disappointed with these springs, but I am disappointed with H&R's deceiving advertising practices.

trabadoo22
08-20-2003, 10:38 PM
H&R site says 2" drop front and back for the ep. I think they may have used different springs a while ago, 1.4" drop, but it seems they have fixed this if they ever did use different springs. Everyone seems to be pretty happy with the Tein springs, but the spring rates do seem kind of low compared to stock. I don't know how much it makes a difference though.

dchu
08-22-2003, 02:35 PM
H&R has been using the same springs all along. EP33 on this site complained to H&R about their misleading drop claim, so they changed it on their site.

spoon_ep3
08-29-2003, 08:43 PM
spoon makes some progressive springs for the ep3. has anyone tried that yet? if so i would like to know how they like it. i would imagine it should have a hard ride, but im use to a hard ride when driving my brothers 2000 Integra type R