PDA

View Full Version : A/f + I/h/e

ATRIOT
08-21-2003, 11:13 AM
So with the I/H/E combo is there a substantial gain to be had in tuning the A/F mix? It might be a strange question, but its just that i keep seeing threads where ppl have lost power after mods, especially after the Kenis138 thread about the car feeling better after putting the stock midpipe back on. It doesnt seem to make much sense, is the key in the ECU? (ps. Any word on a new Hondata program)

JSIR
08-21-2003, 07:48 PM
I think there is a couple whp to be found, last testing I saw was done by Import Tuner or one of those mags, they found a few hp through fuel tuning. I believe the trick is leaning it out even more as the cars run pretty rich at WOT. So to answer your question installing bolt on mods such as midpipes and stuff dont really cause problems with the air fuel ratio such that you lose power.

If you want to gain power you pretty much have to do the intake and some combination of header, midpipe or exhaust. One single exhaust mod by itself wont help much and the intake is a must to allow the exhaust/header mods to work in unison.

Joey

ssvr6
08-22-2003, 05:30 AM
Yes, the SAFC will net you anywhere from 3 to 8hp on an NA car. (Depending on your mods and who tunes your car. It can be a little confusing and should probably be done on a dyno.)

Steve

ATRIOT
08-22-2003, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the responses. :)
JSIR, thanks for all the work you've done in Oil Analysis and breakdown, it was really informative. Your Icebox review and subsequent performance updates saved me alot of money as i will be going with Injen instead. Thorough + emperical + impartial =great research -Thanks