PDA

View Full Version : 10000k Engine Change

ATRIOT
08-21-2003, 03:36 PM
Anyone notice a difference in their Ep's once they pass the 10000km mark? More Responsive? More Power? Nothing at all?
Just wanted to know if the ECU does kick in a different A/F map after 10000k, some say yes others say no.

IownAmaxima
08-21-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
Anyone notice a difference in their Ep's once they pass the 10000km mark? More Responsive? More Power? Nothing at all?
Just wanted to know if the ECU does kick in a different A/F map after 10000k, some say yes others say no. don't know about hondas in particular, but in general it takes an engine a little while to seat and break in. If you use dino oil it happens faster, synth happens slower... if you're feeling something different it could just be the engine finally getting broken in and 'comfortable' (that's my word, not a real 'car' word :D). I've never heard of any different fuel maps kicking in at specified mileage but then I'm not a real car person.

chet
08-21-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by IownAmaxima
don't know about hondas in particular, but in general it takes an engine a little while to seat and break in. If you use dino oil it happens faster, synth happens slower... if you're feeling something different it could just be the engine finally getting broken in and 'comfortable' (that's my word, not a real 'car' word :D). I've never heard of any different fuel maps kicking in at specified mileage but then I'm not a real car person.

Good response. I am a fellow non-real car guy. But I am learning. When I reached about 11,500 miles, I noticed the car just felt stronger and peppier. I didn't know why for sure, but I was assuming the car had finally broken in and loosened up a bit.

estebones
08-21-2003, 10:25 PM
i'm at 5000 in my 02 si and still hoping this happens some time soon! :D

02CivicSI-VTEC
08-21-2003, 10:27 PM
well Im at 40000 mile already didnt feel any different.