PDA

View Full Version : For those buying springs that say 2001up civics (like H&R, neuspeed,eibac,etc)

02SilverSiHB
08-30-2002, 01:52 PM
Any of you doing this might want to stop, or take off your springs and buy some that are originally made for the Si. I called both neupseed and H&R and they said they have springs specifically for the 2002+ Si. H&R says it won't be out till about later this winter and that it isn't as low, because it's a higher spring rate. Neuspeed has a kit specifically made for the Si with it's sport and race kits. The part numbers aren't out yet for neuspeed springs for the Si, just call to order them. Same goes for the eibachs. The reason I'm telling you all this, is I notice some of you complaining about clunking/rattly sounds. Most of you that are getting this are riding on springs that weren't made for our cars. Those with H&R haven't complained as much as some of the others. It's really up to you what you want, of course, it's your money. But if you want the best ride quality, and performance for your car, get the ones made specifically for you car.

The End :D

02TafWhtSi
08-30-2002, 03:39 PM
Hmmm....I bought my Eibach Pro-Kits from Options Auto Salon who listed the springs I purchased for the "2002 Civic Si" while they also had a set for the "2001+ Honda Civic" each with different part numbers. Now I'm gonna look into this further...thanks for the heads-up though!

02SilverSiHB
08-30-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
Hmmm....I bought my Eibach Pro-Kits from Options Auto Salon who listed the springs I purchased for the "2002 Civic Si" while they also had a set for the "2001+ Honda Civic" each with different part numbers. Now I'm gonna look into this further...thanks for the heads-up though!
I replied to your other reply to my reply (is that confusing :D ) I showed the part numbers for the prokit for the Si and EX. I know that I had some sounds once and a while when I had pro kit on my other car (97 EX) I bought them from NOPI when I called and told them what car I have. Later on (2 years later) I got sick of all the damn sounds the springs would make. I took them out and sold them, stating they were for 96-00 civics. Well, I was disappointed when I looked at the part number on the springs, they were for the 92-95 civics. :( sometimes shops can do stupid crap like that

02TafWhtSi
08-30-2002, 03:49 PM
Wow - I hope thats not what happened to me - any way I can check to be 100% sure?

02SilverSiHB
08-30-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
Wow - I hope thats not what happened to me - any way I can check to be 100% sure?
check the eibach box the springs came in, see if there is a part number anywhere. Or take off a rim and look at your springs. The part number will be white in bold letters and numbers

IceD out N CALI
08-30-2002, 04:22 PM
I got RSX sportlines and I can't complain

Hondatech
08-30-2002, 06:56 PM
The Eibach Pro-Kit part # is 4056.140

I just checked my Eibach box part #, and it's that one, made for the Si/SiR.

ZERO noise so far.

02TafWhtSi
08-30-2002, 08:05 PM
Damnit! What did we (my uncle and myself) do wrong!!?? I even purchased the 2002 Si service manual to make CERTAIN we did everything by the book which I can personally vouch for. This as opposed to taking the word of a mecahnic. I am hearing a noticeable crunching/vibrating sound coming almost entirely from the passenger rear corner but once in a while from the driver side rear as I travel over undulations and dips in the road and when I make tight turns. I matched up the 02' Si Eibach Pro-Kit part # to the one you gave, Mechaic, so they ARE the correct springs! This is starting to really irritate me. ANY theories or suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated.

HondaMan
09-05-2002, 08:48 AM
Grrr! I got to get the correct type of freaking springs now...all that work for nothing. Going to pay someone to do it next time around.

Do we know for sure what part numbers to use for all the spring makers that currently have them for the EP? I need to get the correct springs ASAP.

02SilverSiHB
09-05-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by HondaMan
Grrr! I got to get the correct type of freaking springs now...all that work for nothing. Going to pay someone to do it next time around.

Do we know for sure what part numbers to use for all the spring makers that currently have them for the EP? I need to get the correct springs ASAP.
well, I don't know the ones for neuspeed. As for eibach, just go to eibachs site and when you want to look at springs for our car select a 2003 Honda Civic Si. They don't show the springs under 2002.
As for H&R, they didn't give me a part number, plus they aren't out yet.

Neuspeed reps didn't know the part number yet because it just came out, even though they don't list it on the site.

Progress, well, I don't know the part number, but go to www.optauto.com and go to suspension,springs,honda,civic, and scroll down on the 3rd page (I think) and you'll see the springs that are made for our cars. It list a 1.8 and 1.5 drop

02SilverSiHB
09-05-2002, 09:29 AM
oh Hondaman here are some pics of progress springs (the right ones) on one of our cars...it's not too much of a drop, so I thought maybe that's what you would like, I might go with them also

side pic (http://groups.msn.com/CoolSi/mysilowered.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=42)

front (http://groups.msn.com/CoolSi/mysilowered.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=40)

rear (http://groups.msn.com/CoolSi/mysilowered.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=41)

stock (http://groups.msn.com/CoolSi/mysi.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=2)

I fixed the links....hopefully

02SilverSiHB
09-05-2002, 09:35 AM
oh yeah, those are pics of SiCivic2k2 car

HondaMan
09-05-2002, 09:38 AM
Ok, progress springs will work...that looks perfect cause I get some bottoming out over big dips/bumps. Thx!

02SilverSiHB
09-05-2002, 09:39 AM
Ok, progress springs will work...that looks perfect cause I get some bottoming out over big dips/bumps. Thx!
yeah, I had the same problem with those wrong springs I had. They just weren't high enough of a spring rate. Not to mention the stock shocks didn't have enough room to move. I probably would have needed new shocks within about 3 months with those previous springs.

I'll be getting the new ones here in a couple of days.

David K.
09-05-2002, 09:46 AM
H&R's aren't out yet? I bought mine from Options months ago. The gave me a part # specific to the Si. I had some trouble with the shop I used to install them, and when I spoke to H&R directly they never said anything about me having the wrong springs. So far the springs I have in there work great, but now I'm gonna call them to make sure. I'm at work, but I think I remember the part number as being HR-51466, not sure though.

HondaMan
09-05-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

yeah, I had the same problem with those wrong springs I had. They just weren't high enough of a spring rate. Not to mention the stock shocks didn't have enough room to move. I probably would have needed new shocks within about 3 months with those previous springs.

I'll be getting the new ones here in a couple of days.

You got Progress springs coming? Thanks for all the research Mike! :)

02SilverSiHB
09-05-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by David K.
H&R's aren't out yet? I bought mine from Options months ago. The gave me a part # specific to the Si. I had some trouble with the shop I used to install them, and when I spoke to H&R directly they never said anything about me having the wrong springs. So far the springs I have in there work great, but now I'm gonna call them to make sure. I'm at work, but I think I remember the part number as being HR-51466, not sure though.
they may have given you the springs for a 2001+ civic. that's what is on their site (optauto.com) I called H&R and they said they won't be out till late Winter and that it won't be that much of a drop compared to the ones you have right now

02SilverSiHB
09-05-2002, 11:42 AM

You got Progress springs coming? Thanks for all the research Mike! :)
not yet. I'll probably order them as soon as the bidding for my progress springs (the ones for 2001+ civics, except Si) ends on ebay. I can't wait to get rid of this wheel gap

chunky
09-05-2002, 08:51 PM
i'm waiting on the h&r kit.

the rsx springs are the closest match that's currently out and most places list that as the right part # for the si.

but quality companies like h&r do extensive road testing to determine the best rates for a given car. This means the 1% f/r weight balance difference bewteen an si and an rsx is reflected in the spring rates.

it's always a good idea to buy the shit that was designed specifically for your car and tested on your car.

HondaMan
09-05-2002, 09:34 PM
I ordered the Progress Sport Springs made for our Civic Si/EPs today. I think they are good springs and priced right for my very limited budget. I found a near by shop that will install them for only/around $85 < http://www.hyperrev.com >, so I'm not going to install these springs this time around. I'll have the right springs and some pros do it right this time...even though I did it right with the H&R springs but they aren't made for the Si/EP. What a waste of time and effort (I'll be selling the H&R springs on eBay soon).

O well, sh!t happens and I was able to save a fellow ephatch.com member some trouble today by recommending to him not to install the same H&R springs I have on my ride now. Those H&R springs work but the noises and bottoming out are not worth it...not to mention the spring rate is not made for the Si/EP. Any ways, my car will lowered right soon.

02SilverSiHB
09-06-2002, 03:27 AM
I ordered the Progress Sport Springs made for our Civic Si/EPs today. I think they are good springs and priced right for my very limited budget. I found a near by shop that will install them for only/around $85 < http://www.hyperrev.com >, so I'm not going to install these springs this time around. I'll have the right springs and some pros do it right this time...even though I did it right with the H&R springs but they aren't made for the Si/EP. What a waste of time and effort (I'll be selling the H&R springs on eBay soon).

O well, sh!t happens and I was able to save a fellow ephatch.com member some trouble today by recommending to him not to install the same H&R springs I have on my ride now. Those H&R springs work but the noises and bottoming out are not worth it...not to mention the spring rate is not made for the Si/EP. Any ways, my car will lowered right soon.
damn, 85 is awsome. I know what ya mean about working on the car. I'm still going to end up doing it myself. My wife gets kinda pist when I spend money on my car that I don't need to :(
It'll be my 4th time changing the springs on my car :D

HondaMan
09-06-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

damn, 85 is awsome. I know what ya mean about working on the car. I'm still going to end up doing it myself. My wife gets kinda pist when I spend money on my car that I don't need to :(
It'll be my 4th time changing the springs on my car :D

Yeah, $85 is great...I wish I knew about them early but they would have installed the wrong springs like I did (the right front spring is rattling something awful now). :mad: I know what you mean about the wife getting upset, but she seems to be cool with getting Hyperrev to do it...hell I spent about $85 in tools and such to do it myself...hehe. Plus, it helps a little that the Progress springs are cheaper. ;)

So, I'll be good to go by this time next week I hope. :D

chenchao
09-06-2002, 10:44 AM
Yeah, That's me, Hondaman saved my ass, because I pm'd him right in the middle of the h&r spring install. Thanks Hondaman. I didn't know that your spring noise came back, what with you redoing them with grease and all. So yeah, mine are on ebay now. I'm gonna get some made specificly for our ep.
A question though, does anyone else(organdoner or xlr8) with the H&R sportsprings have a noisy ass front end?

HondaMan
09-06-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by chenchao
Yeah, That's me, Hondaman saved my ass, because I pm'd him right in the middle of the h&r spring install. Thanks Hondaman. I didn't know that your spring noise came back, what with you redoing them with grease and all. So yeah, mine are on ebay now. I'm gonna get some made specificly for our ep.
A question though, does anyone else(organdoner or xlr8) with the H&R sportsprings have a noisy ass front end?

Yeah, I'm glad I could save you some trouble. Organdonar & Xlr8 must be lucky or something. I'll let you know how the Progress springs work out...I haven't heard any problems from people here with them (there is a couple of folks running these springs here). I think they will work out (much) better from what I understand now. :o

These are the springs: PROGRESS SPORT SPRING: CIVIC SI 02-UP ITEM#: PRG-401007 PRICE: $127.00
http://www.optauto.com/webstore/

chenchao
09-06-2002, 11:29 AM
Yeah, I just would rather have the specifly made springs for our ep. I can't stand it when a car makes too much noise.

Hey, does any one know at optauto.com It says they have eibach sportlines for our Si's? Does anyone know if they really are for our or will the send us the ones for the regular 2001-up civics? I e-mailed but haven't heard from them.

David K.
09-06-2002, 11:38 AM
I have the H&Rs on mine. No noise that I've noticed; good drop too. Options sold them to me as if they were for my car. I'm gonna look into some that are ep specific, though. But I'm really happy w/ the ones on my car.

02SilverSiHB
09-06-2002, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I just would rather have the specifly made springs for our ep. I can't stand it when a car makes too much noise.

Hey, does any one know at optauto.com It says they have eibach sportlines for our Si's? Does anyone know if they really are for our or will the send us the ones for the regular 2001-up civics? I e-mailed but haven't heard from them.
they do make springs for our cars. go to www.eibach.com and look up our application. Just select a 2003 Civic. The Si is the only car they have listed for 2003, they don't list the Si for 2002.
Then take a note of the part number and either ask optauto about it, or order it and then check the springs to make sure you have the right ones

xlr8
09-06-2002, 03:09 PM
never had a problem in the 5500 miles that the springs have been on the car. handles great, rides excelent, never bottoms out, stiffer then stock handling. for the wrong springs they are doing a great job. i am planning to get full coilovers eventually

HondaMan
09-06-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by xlr8

never had a problem in the 5500 miles that the springs have been on the car. handles great, rides excelent, never bottoms out, stiffer then stock handling. for the wrong springs they are doing a great job. i am planning to get full coilovers eventually

Hmmm...well, I must be missing something when I did multiple installs and I thought I had it all figured out. :confused:

chenchao
09-06-2002, 09:27 PM
Yeah, what the hell is up with that? Xlr8s are fine? No noise? Weird. I might try out these springs if I cant sell them soon. I wasn't having that hard of a time with the install except putting the damn roter back into place.

Jontis
09-09-2002, 03:58 AM
Is it the same lowering springs to the Type R as the Si ?

02SilverSiHB
09-09-2002, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Jontis
Is it the same lowering springs to the Type R as the Si ?
I hear they are slightly different. It may lower you car by like only an inch if that

Jontis
09-09-2002, 04:36 AM
I've heard that on our swedish forum today as well.
An inch seems to be enough on the Type R. :)

02SilverSiHB
09-09-2002, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Jontis
I've heard that on our swedish forum today as well.
An inch seems to be enough on the Type R. :)
yeah, it still looks better than the wheel gap we have :D

HondaMan
09-11-2002, 04:27 PM
Got my '02 Civic Si Progress Sport Springs via UPS today and will take my car in tomorrow to have them installed @ http://www.hyperrev.com

Anybody want to buy my '01+ Civic H&R Sport Springs?

02SilverSiHB
09-11-2002, 05:35 PM
Got my '02 Civic Si Progress Sport Springs via UPS today and will take my car in tomorrow to have them installed @ http://www.hyperrev.com

Anybody want to buy my '01+ Civic H&R Sport Springs?
I hope you like them. I'm still waiting on the funds to buy mine. My wife hasn't got paid her tuition yet. So I'm stuck paying the bills and her tuition :(

02blksi
09-11-2002, 06:17 PM
hey hondaman, i went to that website hyperrev and i couldnt find anything for the ep, let alone suspension pieces, think you can help me out i wat to get some springs!! thanks --joe

HondaMan
09-11-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi
hey hondaman, i went to that website hyperrev and i couldnt find anything for the ep, let alone suspension pieces, think you can help me out i wat to get some springs!! thanks --joe

Hyperrev is the shop installing my springs, see this link to buy the correct Progress Springs:
http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_information.asp?number=PRG-401007&variation=&aitem=28&mitem=34&back=yes&dept=237

HondaMan
09-12-2002, 11:28 PM
I got my Progress Sport Springs installed @ http://hyperrev.com in Vancouver, WA this evening...great guys and the install seems to be done very well. They ride better than the H&R springs...I certainly feel these springs were made for our rides.

Now I'm a happy camper again...I was getting pretty pissed with those H&R springs, I wish you folks out there with H&R sprigs good luck with them.

Any ways, it rides great now (no noises or bottoming out)! :D

SiCivic2k2
09-12-2002, 11:44 PM
Hehehehe... I started a fad.. :) Thanks for posting pics of my car. I like the springs as well. Seems like they settled a little bit though since I bought them. Or maybe it's the stock bushings that someone mentioned in another post, but either way it looks a tad lower now then it did when I took those pics. Ride isn't too bad either. I like them. Not low enough to scrape, but low enough to get rid of the wheel gap. Good price too. I paid $180 for mine. I believe they have a lifetime warranty also.

My car's still for sale if anyone's interested. It's on autotrader.com under 77015 zip code. I know the price is kinda high, but I paid $22,000 for it. The extended warranty was $1,000. Oh well......

HondaMan
09-12-2002, 11:48 PM
Cool, I got mine for $127 (see a few posts back for URL) and I hope you got the right ones (part # PRG-401007).

Good luck selling your ride!

SiCivic2k2
09-13-2002, 12:25 AM
Yeah, I got the right ones. I got mine from a parts store, so they probably charged me stocking and shipping and all that bologne :D

02TafWhtSi
09-13-2002, 07:29 PM
Maybe I missed this in some of your other posts but why are you selling your si? The only reason I can see is if you are looking to purchase another car. I considered doing this when the new 200 HP VR6 Gti came out but I haven't yet...

SiCivic2k2
09-13-2002, 11:07 PM
I'm a father now and I need more room. Or "like" more room would be a better way to say it. :D

02TafWhtSi
09-14-2002, 05:22 PM
Ahhh...I see! Have you checked out the new Accords?! My mother recently picked up a new CR-V and they had the 2003 Accord EX 4 cyl w/ leather in this blue/gray color and it looked amazing! Way better than the last generation. Supposedly it has more room inside too.

SiCivic2k2
09-14-2002, 06:41 PM
Sweet, I'll have to check it out.

CleanBlackSi02
09-17-2002, 06:35 AM
Anyone know the "correct" model number for Ground Control coilovers for OUR car?

02SilverSiHB
09-17-2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02
Anyone know the "correct" model number for Ground Control coilovers for OUR car?
4532.01 Civic (ex. Si) 2002- 1 D front 0 to 2.5 $ 339
N 4532.02 Civic (ex. Si) 2002- 4 D front 0 to 2.5 $ 339

http://www.ground-control.com/
go to that url and click on the application list