PDA

View Full Version : CAI install... easy.... RIGHT!!!

Speck
08-21-2003, 06:40 PM
Maybe I am just an idiot, but it took me almost 3 hours to install my AEM CAI.

And to top it off, the bracket at the bottom? I am missing the rubber double screw thing, so it's not really attached.... Took it out for a hard drive, didn't notice a problem.

BUT: I had the Ebay Intake.. and for anyone that has it.... GET THE AEM OR INJEN CAI!! It's INCREDIBLE!! The car pulls like you wouldn't believe! I had no idea that I had really lost that much low end, it's a new car!!!

-=speck=-

BlackNRedSi
08-21-2003, 08:02 PM
I will talk to esmith see if he still has his for sale, and if so i will do what you said speck...

cause i got the ebay one, i see no difference....but how can i, if i dont have the cai on ya kno....

so we will see what esmith wants to do

Eric

DumbNewB
08-21-2003, 11:38 PM
yea i just installed my aem cai and it took like three hours too... the problem was that the only pieces that were supplied to me was the intake and a piece of hose. I had to go to Home Depot to get a grommet to hold the sensor thing in and a few more to hold the bracket thing in so it wouldn't vibrate. The hardest thing for me was to remember where all the pieces went when I tried to put the bumper back on.

DumbNewB
08-21-2003, 11:39 PM
btw... what are you talking about when you say the "ebay one"?

Speck
08-22-2003, 05:00 AM
The Ebay intake is exactly that, a SRI that someone made, apparently modeling the K&N Typhoon. Avg. Cost: $30.

Yeah, putting everything back was a major pain.

-=speck=-

DumbNewB
08-24-2003, 12:13 PM
Sorry about changing the subject but I noticed you have the alpine 9815 under your name speck I was thinking about getting the apline cda 7995 for my car or the alpine 9815 I just wanted to know how you like it in your car and if you can post pics of it because im not sure what it would look like in our cars because of the silver paneling.

thanks

oogy-boogy
08-25-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Speck
Maybe I am just an idiot, but it took me almost 3 hours to install my AEM CAI.

And to top it off, the bracket at the bottom? I am missing the rubber double screw thing, so it's not really attached.... Took it out for a hard drive, didn't notice a problem.

BUT: I had the Ebay Intake.. and for anyone that has it.... GET THE AEM OR INJEN CAI!! It's INCREDIBLE!! The car pulls like you wouldn't believe! I had no idea that I had really lost that much low end, it's a new car!!!

-=speck=-

Woohooo! I just picked up an Injen CAI from another member via trade (for my stock intake). I have the E-bay SRI and will be switching them this week. Can't wait after reading this post!:D

ViViDPeArL
08-26-2003, 10:57 AM
don't feel bad buddy. took me 2 hours and 45 minutes about and i had help from a friend. main thing was getting the damn pipe down there...so retarded.

has anyone had ingestion of water ? i bought the by-pass but the moron didn't tell me that it wouldn't work with this intake. i'm gonna try and change my air filter every 10k miles.

oogy-boogy
08-26-2003, 11:10 AM
speck, you were right! Car pulls like hell now! All I have is an HP header, cat back and now the Injen and it's such a huge difference!

Install wasn't bad at all. I just pulled out the battery and used Steve's k-series.com install directions. I didn't cut. Insted, I had an extra rubber sleeve section from an older intake. I cut off a small section, ran it down the CAI and wedged it in that tight hole where the intake goes. It's in there solid and is not resting against any metal. Hopefully, I won't get that erosion effect from the vibrations. I'll be checking it monthly to see if it worked!

Speck
08-26-2003, 11:18 AM
I have been really impressed with the pickup. Gotta go get my oil changed today, and that should REALLY make a difference in the handling and feel of the car.

-=speck=-

Jontis
08-28-2003, 04:32 AM
The first time i did it it took me about 3 hours.
Third time out it took about 1. :)

Last time i was missing the lower rubber bracket thing...
On our CTR's the signal horn is placed there so i was able
to use the horn mount to fit the thing. It took a little
bending but it worked. ;)