PDA

View Full Version : honda warranty

Toy2Si
08-22-2003, 04:12 PM
does anyone know if honda will void the warranty if they found out that you are racing the car or if they read a high rpm on gears??? my CEL is on and the clutch is making a clicking noise, my car is at the dealer right now and they said that they read 6300 rpm on 4th gear doing 110 mph and they are waiting for hondas decision... i need advised!!!

BSEVEER
08-22-2003, 04:15 PM
6300 rpm in 4th doesn't necessarily mean you were racing, tell them you were trying to get away from the cops!:D

VIZHUNZ02SI
08-22-2003, 04:39 PM
well if its ur clutch thats a wear n tear parts now if its the tranny then they have to replace it if still under warranty. it clearly states it in the warranty. unless they can prove that u were racing n actually caught u doin it then ur done for but shit if u think bout it they design cars to run n if they didnt want it to go fast then they should never make a 5 speed tranny with 160hp to go with it. they should make a 3 speed with 50 hp. n how da hell can they read what rpm ur tackin. cuz one time my oi burnt out n the guy told me to stop redlineing it. but the case the dealer didnt put it all oil they only put in three quarts. but if worse comes to worse. tell them u'll file for da lemon law since they wanna predict u were racing.i beat you if u got rims they automatically stomp u with a label as a racer tryin to get his car fixed at their expense.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-22-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by VIZHUNZ02SI
n how da hell can they read what rpm ur tackin. cuz one time my oi burnt out n the guy told me to stop redlineing it. but the case the dealer didnt put it all oil they only put in three quarts. but if worse comes to worse. tell them u'll file for da lemon law since they wanna predict u were racing.i beat you if u got rims they automatically stomp u with a label as a racer tryin to get his car fixed at their expense.

I followed you until this point. I agree that if your clutch is shot they're not going to replace it for you, it's a wear item.

ATRIOT
08-22-2003, 05:11 PM
LMAO, your supposed to put the gas in the tank, not huff it;)

blueiedgod
08-22-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by VIZHUNZ02SI
well if its ur clutch thats a wear n tear parts now if its the tranny then they have to replace it if still under warranty. it clearly states it in the warranty. unless they can prove that u were racing n actually caught u doin it then ur done for but shit if u think bout it they design cars to run n if they didnt want it to go fast then they should never make a 5 speed tranny with 160hp to go with it. they should make a 3 speed with 50 hp. n how da hell can they read what rpm ur tackin. cuz one time my oi burnt out n the guy told me to stop redlineing it. but the case the dealer didnt put it all oil they only put in three quarts. but if worse comes to worse. tell them u'll file for da lemon law since they wanna predict u were racing.i beat you if u got rims they automatically stomp u with a label as a racer tryin to get his car fixed at their expense.

I will try to translate, the advice is good, but too bad the person does not know how to write. What is this world coming to? Kids in school don't know how to write.

Anyway.
"Well, if it is your clutch, then it is classified as "wear and tear" on the parts. If it is your transmission, then they will have to rpelace it if you are within 3 years/36,000 miles (since the odlest Si is only 18 months old, I think miles is what you have watch out for, Translator) It clearly states that in the warranty. Unless they can prove that you were racing, and actually have cought you doing it (racing), then you are screwed. But if you think logically, Honda designed the Si to run fast. If they did not want it to be fast, they should have not packaged a 5 speed transmission with 160 Hp engine. They (Honda) should have made it with 50 hp vehicle with a 3 speed transmission. And how in the world can they read what RPM's you are running at? (Ever heard of ECU? Translator).

This one time, I was low on oil and I took it to my local Honda for a check up. The service underwriter told me to stop redlining the engine. The real problem was that at my last oil change the tech only put 3 quarts of oil in the crank case.

If they keep refusing to repair your vehicle under warranty, threaten them with legal action. If you have installed aftermarket rims and tires, the dealership automatically assumes you are racing your car. They see it as if you were trying to fix the race car at their expence."

Phew.....

No seiously, I regularly bump into the rev limiter, I doubt a dealership would call it racing. The engine is designed to produce most of its power between 5000 and 6600 RPM.

BlackNRedSi
08-22-2003, 07:56 PM
They cant do shit, and if they do say anything...you take them to court...thats bullshit...i take my car to redline everynow and then on the road....but i aint racin, im just jacking up the RPMs...dont mean shit....your allowed to bring your car up to those RPMs....no matter what that dealership says, if they refuse to work on the car, tell them you want to speak to the owner of the place...and if he fuks with you, go to another dealership and THEN call Honda....thats fuking bullshit man dont let them screw with you like that....if you were 40 years old with a S2000 they wouldnt say JACK shit to you about that....why screw with kids that buy Hondas? i am more and more hating Honda every day for some of the shit they are doing

r3p00c
08-22-2003, 08:35 PM
yeah, i agree... there is no reason they shouldn't cover you for something like that. even though all the american speed limits prohibit speed limits that high, you can always say you were at the track. i could understand if the ECU recorded that you took the car above the redline, but if honda didn't want you to go to 6200 rpms, they would have outlined that in the manual. if you don't have success with the dealership, take it to a person higher up in the honda foodchain.... you'll get what you want. i speak from experience. :)

Mechanic
08-23-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
They cant do shit, and if they do say anything...you take them to court...thats bullshit...i take my car to redline everynow and then on the road....but i aint racin, im just jacking up the RPMs...dont mean shit....your allowed to bring your car up to those RPMs....no matter what that dealership says, if they refuse to work on the car, tell them you want to speak to the owner of the place...and if he fuks with you, go to another dealership and THEN call Honda....thats fuking bullshit man dont let them screw with you like that....if you were 40 years old with a S2000 they wouldnt say JACK shit to you about that....why screw with kids that buy Hondas? i am more and more hating Honda every day for some of the shit they are doing

Wow! Now that's an attitude that gonna win you a ton of friends on the service line . . . . And you expect the store owner's gonna be yr pal after you raised hell with his employees, the people he works with day-in-and-day-out? Lots of luck.

Moreover, if you think suing the store (or Honda) or anyone else is the answer, check and see what a lawyer worth a damn is gonna charge you -- you could buy a dozen clutch repairs. Finally, don't forget the store owner has his own lawyer. Moral of this story: you broke it, you own it.

87gn
08-23-2003, 06:30 AM
they design cars to run n if they didnt want it to go fast then they should never make a 5 speed tranny with 160hp to go with it.

thats a oximoron aint it?

crex2nr
08-23-2003, 08:28 AM
every dealer is funny about redlines and shit like that. when i took mine in, my mechanic teased me about the redline and stuff, but he just cleared the computer for me. they have to cover most everything warranty related, just make sure you dont blow the motor up, because theyll check the computer then and they wont warranty if they see redline!

blueiedgod
08-23-2003, 11:52 AM
Court should be your last attempt. If the dealer does not get you anywhere, get corporate on the phone, and speak clearly, none of that slang shit. It is better to write what you want to say before making a call to make sure you include all of the information you want corporate to have. They will most likely call the dealership to confirm what you have given them, and will schedule for a regional representative to look at your vehicle.

You don't need a lawyer to take the dealer or honda corporate to a small claims court. All you need is $15 (depending on municipality) and lots of patience. I took the shop and the owner that was going to fix my CR-V after it was stolen to small claims. He was feeding me bullshit and then asked for a deposit to start fixing the car after it sat on his lot for 21 days. I asked him to release the car and he charged me $3000 for 21 days. Took him to court in June last year, went to court 4 times (midnight court), got paid in May. Actually won the case in November, gave the guy 60 days to pay (according to the law), he failed. Filed with Sheriff's, with his bank name, licence plates of all his vehicles and shop licence number. According to papers the sherriff took almost 5 grand from the guys account to pay my $3K. In the end it cost him more than if he took my offer of $600 to release the car.

Anyway, first thing in court DRESS NICELY. Attitude will not be your friend. Be polte and patient. NEVER EVER speak unless the judje addresses you, even if the opponent is lyeing through his teeth. I ended up getting Judge Mullian ( I think this siher name, she is on people's court) I wasnted to get judge Judy, but Mullian tore a new A-hole in this guy's ass.
Good luck

Toy2Si
08-23-2003, 10:35 PM
The clutch noise I'm experiencing on my car is the same issue that was discuss on "Noisy POPPING CLUTCH" thread. Does anyone know if there's a recall about this issue on our car? I have to bring my car again Monday to the dealer because according to them Honda did not show up to take a look at my car, we'll see what's gonna happen...