PDA

View Full Version : Ne one else have this?

STP03BlueSI
08-22-2003, 09:49 PM
I wash my car maybe once a week. And well when i go to open the door there is a water all over the plastic door sills?

I know when i first started to look at the ep, they had a leak in the hatch that would put water in the spare tire well, Ne one had that occur also?

Could the water on the door sills just be something not to worry about? My saturn or even my moms grand prix doesnt do this?

And the worst thing is i want to order the Type R door sills or the Momo CF ones:)

swapp99
08-22-2003, 09:58 PM
Yes, I get water in the doors sills also. I tend to use an air hose to blow off excess water from the doors and rubber weather gaurd. To think of it... I use the air compressor every where I can!!

Heitzke
08-22-2003, 09:59 PM
Yeah, i have that same exact problem, and it really bothers the hell out of me. It happens on both sides of the car too, so i dont think its just a faulty door seal (maybe its 2 faulty door seals). Hopefully some more of you guys (and girls) have the same deal goin on, so i wont have to drive my car all the way to those Gunn honda guys.

pLopSI
08-22-2003, 11:44 PM
Yep! I wash my car every week n' water does come down the door sills. I just wipe down the bottom of the door and the door sills. It's no biggie. Jus a lil more TLC for my EP. :D

ssvr6
08-23-2003, 07:01 AM
It's not a problem, it happens on most cars. Look where to gasket on the door is and you'll see that the water isn't making it past that.

Steve

VBSI
08-23-2003, 08:33 AM
The car is designed to do that. That is where the water channels down and out of the car. I just slide a towel down the side and done.

Papa Bear
08-23-2003, 10:53 AM
Just dry it off. Problem solved. You should dry under the doors and inside the hatch too. I even blow the water out from under the mirrors, door handles and side glass so I don't have water marks running down the side of my car. I have NBP so every little thing shows.

blueiedgod
08-23-2003, 12:14 PM
I have taken mine in for water in the trunk twice already. Third tie is the charm, then it is lemon law lawyer. Everytime I took it in, they "fixed" it but after it rains I get water in the spare tire well. To me that is grounds to get Honda to buy it back.