PDA

View Full Version : Hondata problems yet?

Papa Bear
08-23-2003, 11:01 AM
I got my midpipe yesterday and now all I need is the Hondata flash to complete my car. I was thinking of JRSC, but the dyno's for the money aren't too impressive. I was just wondering if anyone has had any engine troubles due to the high revs. How many clicks you've put on after the flash etc. Thanks!

civic hatch boi
08-23-2003, 11:14 AM
none that i've heard of yet.. but let's wait for people who have it :)

civicpimp
08-23-2003, 02:37 PM
I've had mine for a few months now and haven't had any probs yet. It's definetly worth it if your not gonna go turbo or supercharged.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-23-2003, 03:50 PM
No problems after a few months.
Dont forget that you dont HAVE to rev to 7800rpm just because you got the flash.....but you WILL.

02SilverSiHB
08-26-2003, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Papa Bear
I got my midpipe yesterday and now all I need is the Hondata flash to complete my car. I was thinking of JRSC, but the dyno's for the money aren't too impressive. I was just wondering if anyone has had any engine troubles due to the high revs. How many clicks you've put on after the flash etc. Thanks!
if you're going FI don't get the hondata ecu upgrade. JRSC of course has the race setup which includes the hondata ecu upgrade made for FI. I actually don't think the numbers are that bad for the JRSC, but it's up to.

vie-tec
09-02-2003, 02:27 PM
Hey, just to let everyone know that hondata flash is a must have
for our ep3,i just have my ecu put back in for about 3-4 weeks now and when i drove it its like a whole new car with more power into it.Also i race my friends rsx type-s with bolts on and i left him from 1st to 3rd then he started to pull up when i put in into 4th,so i pertty much spanked him by almost one car length.
Im trying to tell everybody that before you buy h/e you should get the intake and hondata flash frist its more worth it. TRUST ME ON THIS.

bgsteve523
09-02-2003, 04:02 PM
does it really help that much???? I wanna get it done but thats a lot of $$ when u are trying to save for a turbo. Pluss when u go turbo u can't use the flash

vie-tec
09-09-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by bgsteve523
does it really help that much???? I wanna get it done but thats a lot of $$ when u are trying to save for a turbo. Pluss when u go turbo u can't use the flash

Yep!you can't go turbo if you have it flash,so if i was you just save up for the turbo kit and don't get anything else.Save money.

kcx23
09-17-2003, 10:44 PM
I think hondata with the revhard kit is a perfect match. Rocky's ep really pulls with the turbo and 7800RPM's combined.:p

RockEP_SS**
09-18-2003, 12:17 PM
It's been about a week now with RevHard and Hondata, and no problems yet. Might be too early to say anything, but RevHard had it on there car for a while. No problems yet! {{Knocks on wood}} :D

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

02SilverSiHB
09-18-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by RockEP_SS**
It's been about a week now with RevHard and Hondata, and no problems yet. Might be too early to say anything, but RevHard had it on there car for a while. No problems yet! {{Knocks on wood}} :D

Rocky
Showstoppers USA
this is good news. I was kind of sceptical of revhard, but after doing some research, the ep set on fire wasn't exactly their fault, and the one guy that had a bad deal with them was an isolated case.

Any news on the type of injectors hondata is using? I assume 440?

RockEP_SS**
09-22-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

Any news on the type of injectors hondata is using? I assume 440?

I assume you're correct! :o :D

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

02SilverSiHB
09-23-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by RockEP_SS**

I assume you're correct! :o :D

Rocky
Showstoppers USA
:D can you tell me if hondata chose to use the stock fuel pump as usual, this way it prevents too rich of a mixture with their ecu tune? I'm not sure if they would do this with our cars or not, since they are slightly different fuel management wise compared to earlier civics

Dunrick
09-23-2003, 08:02 AM
Anybody know if you get the hondata for the a3, and later want to swap to an A2 or A engine, if its cheap for them to just reflash it for that engine?