PDA

View Full Version : when i press on my brake in the morning?

team ERA 5
08-23-2003, 03:25 PM
everytime i step on the brakes in the morning at a stop my brakes clunk...and it also happens when i go from reverse then drive and brake its clunks...anyone know what the problem is and a solution...i heard the calipers flex when i go from reverse to drive....its really annoying is this normal?

chubbychu
08-23-2003, 03:53 PM
ITS COMPLETELY NORMAL!

i think almost everyone has this noise and thinks its a problem.

from what i can remember from a different post about it, theres a gap in the something eruther, to allow for expansion from heat of the thingamajigger....either way! its supposed to be there lol.

Peking
08-23-2003, 04:09 PM
Yeah, bothered me at first. Then I remember what it was like to drive a 92 Chevy Lumina, and a 94 Dodge Intrepid. Then I feel happy again that I drive an EP3.

31102si
08-23-2003, 07:53 PM
it's normal:D i had wondered the samething. i also notice this happening after the brake rotors and pads get wet and then dry before i drive the car, like after i wash my car then i go to drive it it makes that noise. it's almost like the brake pad is stuck to the rotor and after you hit the brakes a little and they unstick :rolleyes: beats the hell out of me :confused:

team ERA 5
08-23-2003, 07:57 PM
thank you guys.......its annnoying.....but oh well as long as my tire doesnt fall off im straight with the sound.....just gotta turn up the stereo a lil louder....

BlasTech
08-25-2003, 07:20 AM
Clack, Clack.

I think thats just the pressure building up in the lines. My EK hatch does the same.

Zero Three Si
08-25-2003, 01:48 PM
Does anybody know if we do a BIG brake upgrade if the noise goes away?

I know it's really early but has anybody done a standard brake job on their car yet? If so, does the noise go away?

beansbear
08-25-2003, 02:09 PM
thats a normal sound. caliper pins.

ep pilot
08-25-2003, 07:55 PM
Yeah my car does it too! I've got 17K on my car now, and I would say it just started about 3K back. I'm not sweatin it though, because my car shifts beautifully right now, and hasn't crunched, or grinded in some 5-6K miles, I think shes broken in.

-Ryan