PDA

View Full Version : SERIOUSLY consider turbo within next year. PLEASE HELP

TheMutt
08-24-2003, 10:19 AM
Okay I'm looking into adding some power into my car, but I could really use some help to see if I'm headed in the right direction.
Simply put, I bought my car for the reliability but knowing at the same time I wanted a sporty feel. I think that to get exactly what I want I'm going to need some sort of power-getter. So I'm in the early stages of deciding whether to go for nitrous or a turbo. Here are some of the pros and cons I have so far.

Nitrous
+Cheaper
+I would just be guessing it would be less stress on the engine.
+Much more simple install
-I'm not sure if I would like refilling the tank all the time

turbo
+No worries with refilling a tank, it'll always be there when I want it.
+Having a turbo def. adds to the uniqueness(is that a word) of my car
-I'm looking into the Cybernation and their in Florida, a day or two drive from H-town, but I could make it a road trip :D
-I wouldn't be able to install myself and it's a lot more permanant

I really want something that gives my car a more sporty driving feel and I think that the turbo could give me that, but at the same time I could have nitrous, bolt ons, hondata, and maybe some nice wheels and tires for the price of a turbo and install. Still it's hard to shake the feeling that spraying just isn't what I'm looking for. But this is to much money to just go off my gut feeling, I want to be a lil more educated.

Also, I have a few questions on turbos, some of which I'm sure have been asked before so please excuse me:
1)How is the reliability factor of a turbo compared to that of spraying. I'm not planning to be rid of my car for at least five years so I need something that will stay there and I don't have to worry about it.
2)How does a turbo affect my gas mileage? That's another reason I like the ep so much, how much would a turbo suck out of my wallet at the pump? Is premium going to be a requirement?
3)Could I keep my stock exhaust with a turbo? I've always been told that a good flow of air is needed with FI, but we've recently been seeing people switching back to their stock exhausts as opposed to larger mid-pipes. That and I don't much enjoy the sound of most aftermarket exhausts, though it's something I could live with. Could I keep my stock muffler and just get a larger mid-pipe?
4)What is maintanance like for a turbo? How often will I have to worry about it?

Those are the major things I wanted to hear about. Sorry if it's so long but if I'm going to spend the money I want to make SURE I am doing the right thing and I appreciate any responses.

87gn
08-24-2003, 07:25 PM
1)How is the reliability factor of a turbo compared to that of spraying. I'm not planning to be rid of my car for at least five years so I need something that will stay there and I don't have to worry about it.
2)How does a turbo affect my gas mileage? That's another reason I like the ep so much, how much would a turbo suck out of my wallet at the pump? Is premium going to be a requirement?
3)Could I keep my stock exhaust with a turbo? I've always been told that a good flow of air is needed with FI, but we've recently been seeing people switching back to their stock exhausts as opposed to larger mid-pipes. That and I don't much enjoy the sound of most aftermarket exhausts, though it's something I could live with. Could I keep my stock muffler and just get a larger mid-pipe?
4)What is maintanance like for a turbo? How often will I have to worry about it?

1) nitrous is the most dangerious of the two in my point of view as long as the turbos tuned correctly. in other words, if you dont know what your doing with eather of them and you start playing with you cars setup you can f-up eather way.
2)the turbo wont affect the gas mileage as long as you stay out of the boost, you will have to run high test.
3) no clue about that, im sure you could even if you had to get it modified slightly but some other members with turbo eps will know more about that then i do
4) as long as you change the oil every 3000 miles or sooner, 2500 my self, you wont have nothing to worry about, all you will have to do is kill the fuel pump and crank the engine over between 30-45 seconds to prime the turbo with oil after the oil change. its also a good idea to let the car idle for about 2-3 mins before you shut it down so you wont cook your bearings.

andy
08-24-2003, 08:06 PM
I agree with 87gn that N20 is probably more dangerous than
most turbo kits. I guess a wildly installed and un-tuned turbo
kit and a bad N20 install would both be pretty harmful, but with
proper tuning on the turbo, you control the amount of boost
not only with controllers (both mechanical and electronic) but
also with your right foot.

A quick look at the number of stock cars coming out with turbo
kits (including the EVO, which is pumping an insane stock amount
of 19psi) should show you that a properly tuned turbo engine
is a beautiful and long lasting thing. There is a chance you'll have
to replace the turbo at say, 80-100K miles, but that means you
just go out and get a bigger/badder one. :D

I think your other questions were pretty well answered by
our local Grand Natty fan ;) , but I'll just add this:
To me, N20 is a fun but cheap way out. It means straight line
power and only in bursts.
A turbo means that you are going to learn alot, that you have
the potential to make *INSANE* amounts of power and that
your car can now be a beast both on a road course and on the
quarter mile. Personally, if you've got the $$$, go turbo, I say.

Lastly, you might want to talk to ssvr6 on here about his gas
mileage and also talk to Cybernation about their kit/installs. I'm
fairly certain that they could recommend a decent install shop
in your area if you aren't up for the drive.

esmith13
08-24-2003, 08:42 PM
The answer to your question about the stock exhaust is simple. Steve (ssvr6) is runnin stock exhaust, but those who know about turbos say thats a bad thing and he will likely NEED a replacement soon (it'll get wrecked). It is also likely holding performance back a bit. Most will say 2.25-2.5 inches is the minimum recommended, however I have been told by people on this board like Adam that going up to a 3" exhaust will yeild more HP -- even more HP than a N/A EP going from stock to 2.25 cat-back. I have heard "likely" numbers as high as 20-25 HP gain going to a 3" exhaust w/ turbo.

... I wonder how long steve's stock muffler will hold out before he HAS to replace it?...

Eric

TripleJ02
08-24-2003, 09:02 PM
Before you choose which i strongly suggest you wait around for the JRSC to come out. May not be as much power as either the turbo or laughing gas but its 'different'

Gas wasnt an option for me.
Ive pretty much ruled out a turbo.
I plan on putting my order in for my JRSC as soon as its released.

Full time power is overlooked by many!:D

Tenacious G
08-24-2003, 09:42 PM
everyone has brought up very valid points. i'm not a big fan of nitrous and don't really know that much about it.

if you're looking for all out power, then turbo def. is the way to go. a properly tuned and maintained turbo can be lots of fun ... key word being maintenance.

but if you're looking for something "sporty", i'd look into the JRSC. if it's ever released. you get a warranted product, it's more plug-and-play than a turbo.

87gn
08-25-2003, 07:31 PM
... I wonder how long steve's stock muffler will hold out before he HAS to replace it?...

hes not running a anti-lag system, he can run stock mufflers until the body rots off the car.

EPHatchgirl
08-25-2003, 07:44 PM
And to bring up a VERY small point in your original post (because I went through this same decision process)... I found out that Hondata says NOT to reflash your ECU with Nitrous systems... so you couldn't do both if you were counting on that to boost performance to where you want to be...

02SilverSiHB
08-26-2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by TheMutt
turbo
+No worries with refilling a tank, it'll always be there when I want it.
+Having a turbo def. adds to the uniqueness(is that a word) of my car
-I'm looking into the Cybernation and their in Florida, a day or two drive from H-town, but I could make it a road trip :D
-I wouldn't be able to install myself and it's a lot more permanant

LOL, Cybernation is in the lower part of Florida, be ready for at least a 2 day drive, unless you have someone to switch drivers for you. And I assume, you'd just have them install it since you're driving down there. That's a big plus, imo. They know what they're doing for sure. Of course you might want them to keep the stock cat on also, to prevent you having any probs with inspections. I say go for cybernation, screw N2O

ssvr6
08-26-2003, 07:45 AM
Don't know how I missed this for so long. :)

Let me first address the initial post:

N2O: I like nitrous and I think when it's properly tuned is great. As for being "dangerous", that's rediculous. It's just as dangerous as any other FI application. You just have to tune it and monitor it.

Turbo: By far the best mod I've done in my life. It's great, the power is always there and it's easy to upgrade.

SC: Nice torque, a real bolt on. Not my cup of tea.

As for my exhaust, it's not stock at all. I have a 2.5" DP, 2.25" mandrel bent midpipe and a my stock muffler section. The muffler (like GN said) will last forever. There are plans to get a 3" exhaust as an upgrade or maybe just 2.5", we'll see.

I love my turbo and I of course think EVERYONE should have one, but the other 2 options are good and can be tuned really well to make some great power IMO.

Steve

surfsi
08-26-2003, 01:09 PM
You'll love the turbo if you want the speed,because we all know it's never enough!!! I'm allready thinking of stage 2 in the near future. If you're planing an investment you have to ask yourself (was this worth it), I turboed and I say yes every time I ge into the drivers seat! I don't fully understand back pressure but with all that forced air going in- one would think it also needs to go out, so my guess is to over size? Borla makes a really nice exaust that looks stock and doesn't sound like a huge fartcan. One last thing, if you're going to use cybernation you have to tell them in advance that you want a cat because that is where there down pipe goes!

TheMutt
08-26-2003, 01:52 PM
Well I really just want to keep the stock muffler, and not so much the pipe I guess. Guess I'm looking to have the ultimate sleeper :p But anyways, the only thing that's holding me back from making my decision final will probably be trying to choose between the high-end power and something more instantaneous that I can feel during my daily driving and such.
I'm kinda lookin for being able to downshift and feel a lil more torquey pull (heh I like that term) so maybe I should wait for the JRSC and see what it has to offer. Honestly, I'm leaning towards the turbo though just because of the rumors I hear of the SC putting out low numbers. I know with Cybernation I could get my $$ worth.

Oh, and just in case I didn't mention it, I'm planning on doing this in at least 6 months or so, no more than a year. Hopefully when the time comes there will be good info out of both the JRSC and some good follow-ups of those who already have turbod their cars.

andy
08-26-2003, 08:47 PM
... the only thing that's holding me back from making my decision final will probably be trying to choose between the high-end power and something more instantaneous that I can feel during my daily driving and such.
I'm kinda lookin for being able to downshift and feel a lil more torquey pull (heh I like that term) so maybe I should wait for the JRSC and see what it has to offer...

Trust me in that you'll feel a turbo during your daily driving.
Unless you have some insane huge turbo, it shouldn't take more
than 3K to get it spooling and producing power. In fact, that
reminds me, Steve, what RPM do you hit max boost at? Does
it hold at 7.5psi all the way to redline?
Also, the whole downshift idea has turbo written all over it.
Downshift = double clutch w/ a throttle blip = high revs = spooled
turbo and instant power. See if you can't get a ride with someone
with a turbo car (especially aftermarket) if you haven't already - I
think the turbo lag will be a lot less noticeable/problematic than
you think.

ssvr6
08-27-2003, 04:50 AM
Boost starts at about 3500 and stays strong ALL the way to redline.

Steve

esmith13
08-27-2003, 06:45 AM
I drove surfsi's turbo'd EP... It was in-fucking-credible!!! 1st gear started to climb as normal and when it hit ~3k ... WHAM!!! I was bouncing off the rev-limiter before I could blink!!!! Normal downshifting (with throttle blip) felt like a power downshift in my car on STEROIDS!! And an attempt to "power downshift" from 4th to 3rd in surfsi's car left me squealing the tires for like 5-10 seconds before it caught good traction again!!!!

We EP owners are unworthy!!!! ;)

The Cybernation Turbo is MIGHTY!!!!! :D

Eric

TheMutt
08-27-2003, 07:00 PM
Wow I didn't know it came in so early! That's pretty nifty. Well I'm 1/5 of the way to having the money, maybe if I get really lucky (like if I stop eating and sleeping and just work) the turbo could be my Xmas gift to... ME :p

TheMutt
08-29-2003, 09:42 PM
Okay doing some late night searching.

What are prices w/ install, tuning and dyno with the Cybernation A) Stage I turbo and B) Stage II?
And does the stage two also come with the 3 inch test pipe included?

andy
08-29-2003, 11:13 PM
ssvr6 - cool, thanks for the reply. I'm not surprised to hear it
pulls all the way to redline (your torque curve is something sick),
but I'm still curious about the actual boost numbers. Too bad
you don't have (at least I think I'm correct on this) a digital/numeric
boost gauge. I really need to drive my sorry arse down to Ft.
Lauderdale to check out your car sometime. Maybe when I get
back from the desert...

Anyhow, Mutt, did you check out Cybernation's website? I thought
the prices were on there. Also, look at ssvr6's Member Rides thread, as well as his old threads in the Boost forum. He should
have posted that info on his stage 1 kit (cost of install/labor), or
at least rough estimates, IIRC.

TheMutt
09-14-2003, 05:25 PM
Gotta bring my post back.
I was looking around my room and doing some work and realized I already had nearly $2k just laying around b/t my pay and spare change and an account I don't always know I have. Anyways, I know I can make the turbo by next summer but I have a few more things to consider now. I hear ssvr6's posts mention his clutch being replaced. Say I get my turbo tuned to something like 6 or 7 psi (I think Cybernation goes for 7, right?) will it be necessary I replace my clutch? And I know tires will probably be a choice I have to make, but I'm not at all knowledgeable on tires. Can I get tires (cheap) that will handle halfway decent but keep my stock rims? Any suggestions on that?

02SilverSiHB
09-15-2003, 08:44 AM
you'll definitely need to upgrade your stock clutch. It will go out eventually if you don't. As for tires, you could get some yokohama avis tires, or even falken azenis.

esmith13
09-15-2003, 09:53 AM
Gotta bring my post back.
I was looking around my room and doing some work and realized I already had nearly $2k just laying around b/t my pay and spare change and an account I don't always know I have. Anyways, I know I can make the turbo by next summer but I have a few more things to consider now. I hear ssvr6's posts mention his clutch being replaced. Say I get my turbo tuned to something like 6 or 7 psi (I think Cybernation goes for 7, right?) will it be necessary I replace my clutch? And I know tires will probably be a choice I have to make, but I'm not at all knowledgeable on tires. Can I get tires (cheap) that will handle halfway decent but keep my stock rims? Any suggestions on that?

As far as the clutch, yes SSVR6 DID have to replace his slipping clutch... However, surfsi has the CN kit tuned to 8psi and did NOT have ANY clutch slip -- even flooring it off the line (I should know, he let me beat on his car the day I ordered my CN stage I kit).

Your clutch's fate will depend on how you have driven and broken in your clutch up to now... I'm sure it will start to slip eventually regardless - at which time it only makes sense to get an ACT or Clutchmasters replacement clutch. For the record tho, another member here has (in addition to an EP3) a BMW Z3 with a SuperCharger installed and his factory clutch. If you "casually" drive it, the clutch is fine, but any attempt to "launch" the car hard and you slip it all the way thru 1st gear and the first second your in 2nd gear... But since he dosn't race it, he's left it that way for a while with no normal driving problems...

Oh, and for the record CN custom tunes the Stage I to somewhere between 7 and 8 lbs. of boost, depending on what makes your engine happy...

Eric

TheMutt
09-15-2003, 10:19 AM
So I guess it would be best if I had a larger midpipe installed before giong, so that I could tune the turbo to accomodate it? (I live in texas, if I make the trip to CN I wont want to come back a month later) Also, what do you mean by the clutch slipping? Is it similar to a grind or does it just mean like it revs but doesn't really catch on?

How much would cheap tires cost? Guess I could hit up ebay.

RockEP_SS**
09-15-2003, 11:24 AM
SERIOUSLY consider the Rev Hard turbo! We should have a couple of reviews by next week.

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

TheMutt
09-15-2003, 12:45 PM
SERIOUSLY?

Heh heh. What's the big diff?
Other than I don't get to make a road trip to Florida?

87gn
09-15-2003, 05:59 PM
Heh heh. What's the big diff?
Other than I don't get to make a road trip to Florida?

I herd that there giving away free fire extinguishers with every turbo kit.;)

personally i would avoid revhard like a pleague, do some searches on how many people they stole money from not to menchen that little worm of a worker who used to run his mouth on here along with the ep there kit torched.

esmith13
09-15-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by 87gn

I herd that there giving away free fire extinguishers with every turbo kit.;)

personally i would avoid revhard like a pleague, do some searches on how many people they stole money from not to menchen that little worm of a worker who used to run his mouth on here along with the ep there kit torched.

I was gonna say that, but I'm not a troublemaker....

Or, at least not as good of one as 87gn is! ;)

Eric

surfsi
09-15-2003, 07:51 PM
I've never really heard anything good about revhard and I don't have it in me to trash like 87gn, I just think they have some bugs to work out! Maybe they need to put as much time into their kits sold to the public as the ones in their race cars.

87gn
09-15-2003, 09:28 PM
yeah i know, ive got issues:D i just dont like getting the run around, and then get insulted in a plublic forum by there janitor.

btw rock, how much is revhard paying you to support there kits?

esmith13
09-15-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by 87gn
..btw rock, how much is revhard paying you to support there kits?

Ouch!!!

Dude, you're my hero!! ;)

Eric

RockEP_SS**
09-17-2003, 02:03 PM
btw rock, how much is revhard paying you to support there kits? [/B][/QUOTE]

I can't give a recommendation these days or what? :rolleyes: What's better??? Hondata's better. Everyone here in SoCal will get a taste on Sept. 27th, then you'll see some real reviews.

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

esmith13
09-17-2003, 02:09 PM
what happens on the 27th???

Eric

87gn
09-17-2003, 07:32 PM
your free to recomend what ever ya want, ive just been noticeing that you have been recomending revhard in alot of your posts lately. ;)

trust me, if some one gave me a free turbo kit and/ or cash i would be recomending them to.

that is until there kit torched my car because, in there words, "oil is just as flamable as gas":D

RockEP_SS**
09-18-2003, 12:24 PM
Steve did the same thing for CN, so imma do the same for RH (<------ my initials:p :D ). They've got a great kit.

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

NamingException
09-18-2003, 01:24 PM
Even though most people have chosen to ignore it, it was obvious from following the story of the RSX that caught on fire that it wasn't really Rev Hard's fault. It was a shoddy installation of a kit that had come off of someone else's car! Rev Hard has taken serious shit for it ever since.

There was another incident where someone at Rev Hard (I don't remember if it was Myles or not) mistreated a customer by falsely recalling a kit. That was uncool, but it stemmed from a falling out with one of their distributors, and I believe they ended up resolving the issue with the customer in the end. That was extremely uncool, but it was an isolated incident and doesn't directly speak to the quality of the kit. We really don't know what the circumstances that surrounded the whole thing were.

As for the issues that everyone is having with their Greddy Emanage units, which I think Rev Hard was originally using, they're now handling fuel management in one of the most elegant ways you can: an ECU reflash, which they worked together with Hondata to develop, and which includes a higher rev limit.

I'm not saying that Rev Hard is run by a bunch of angels, or even that they have a good turbo kit- I'm just saying I think they've gotten a worse rap than they deserve. People on the Internet are mostly followers, and will jump on other people's opinions without doing their own research. If you're going to dog a product and a company, go for it, let us know how much they suck so we can do business with someone else. Just be a leader instead of a follower, and make sure you do your OWN homework first.

I think more than anything, Rev Hard are a victim of their own horrible PR.

Thank you for getting to the end of my rant.

esmith13
09-18-2003, 02:47 PM
Those are all good points, and I agree fully.

An example of that would be that everyone here seems to love Cybernation - including me since I gave them lots of my money ;)

Well, do you all know that their are some issues/imperfections with the black magic ecu piggy-back they make? (Their alternative to an ecu reprogram)
Most of you probably don't. And you never would have if I didn't just say something about it.

The reason for that is no customer has been "screwed" by them. Nothing has happened to anyone for them to start "hating" on the manufacturer and letting it snowball into a bad name for the company.

Shit happens. Especially when people f**k with their car and have no clue how to respect or handle the major changes they make to it. It's not always the fault of the manufacturer and can usually be traced to the ignorance of their clientell....

Eric

87gn
09-18-2003, 04:39 PM
There was another incident where someone at Rev Hard (I don't remember if it was Myles or not) mistreated a customer by falsely recalling a kit.

well, it wasent just 1 customer and 1 kit. it was about a dozen if i can remember correctly and they went through hell and back to get there cash. the way i see it was that the customers payed for and recieved there kits and revhard stole the kits. what revhard should have did was threatened to take the other vendor to court to get there money, not scam there customers.

other then that you have some good points, there pr is the main thing that killed them. id still like to beat the holy liven %&*( out of that janitor who used to post on here.

revhardsales
09-21-2003, 02:00 AM
Here we go again. How've you been GN. Don't you have a GN sight to go to. I still don't get it. If you're not one of those customers, then just forget about it. It's been a while since I got on this site and I can see you're still trying to do damage. Did you get a girlfrriend yet? How did you come up with a dozen? Did you ever pm muckman, cause he was the only one. As a matter of fact a couple of good happy customers helped us try to get our money back even though they got their kits. The day you get an EP give us a call we might help you out. Oh by the way you still need the turbo spec so you can sell it to everyone in here for a better deal. Here's a hint, 57 trim. And NO you can't get that from the junkyard. You can probaly get that junkyard turbo you have in your car and try to hook up members so we can see what kind of customer serviceyou have.

dw735
09-21-2003, 02:19 AM
hey revhard, can you guys promise me that if i get the kit, it wont break down when im in sd. is the car good for freeway driving? if i get my kit tere, im just hoping i get treated right. im not the typoe of customer who goes crazy and bug the crap out of people, but will you guys promise me that i will get great service.

also, when i say not break down in sd, i mean like little things. of course if i was driving that thing like ther was no tomorrow, i will have issues, but i just dont want tuning issues to come up, vacum lines oil lines whatever lines to break down like the first 5 months.

kcx23
09-21-2003, 02:29 AM
yo Revhard i got next on the turbo kit on the 30th. Is it possible to get the blitz B.O.V. instead of the vortech, i'll just pay the difference. thanks for such a good price on such a dope ass kit. C u at the end of the month.kc ;)

87gn
09-21-2003, 03:21 AM
hey look everyone, my favorite janitor is back.

K-Series
09-21-2003, 05:29 AM
Speaking of bad PR. Oh, and it's "site" not "sight". Just an heads up.

TheMutt
09-21-2003, 02:00 PM
Wow, I just read about steve's times. 14s with 260 hp... that's kinda bad. I really do hope he gets better times, because for 5k I was kinda hoping to be capable of a little bit more. Don't get me wrong I'm not expecting 12s or maybe not even low 13s, but come on 14s :confused:

Oh well, as for RevHard or Cybernation thing, I have to say I prefer Cybernation simply because I hear great things about them (especially some nice things about their out-of-state customers who make the drive down there). To me, the kits are all doing the same thing and coming up with results similar to each other, so I'd rather take the company with a better reputation of good customer support.

87gn
09-21-2003, 06:57 PM
How did you come up with a dozen? Did you ever pm muckman, cause he was the only one.

i went back and found the post about it, the origional thread was closed BUT lucky me, i had posted a quote from it when all that crap yall pulled went down.

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19212&perpage=15&highlight=rev%20hard&pagenumber=2

And hes like "when you dispute this with your CC company dont even mention Revhard, just tell them that you ordered a turbo kit from After Hourz and you never got it." But I did I tell him. You guys asked for it back and I have the shipping invoices to prove that. I asked "Myles, was my kit one of the 15 that Revhard shipped out but never got paid for by After Hourz Racing?" He said yes. "Myles, be honest with me, is that the reason why you wanted my kit back?" He said "Yes After Hourz did not pay for your kit that is why we wanted it back." I replied "Both you and Ryan both told me my kit was defective. You lied to me." Myles started to studder. "Well well, uhh umm the intercooler did have a leaking problem."

btw, that was muckman posting that. i admit i was wrong about the dozen kits. nice way to cover up the 15 stolen kits.

ATRIOT
09-21-2003, 11:00 PM
I love it when ephatch turns in to a soap opera, so much tension and excitement...... cant wait for the next installment :)

87gn
09-21-2003, 11:07 PM
hey, i just work with what he gives me.

i got a feeling he wont be back for a while, right now hes to bussy scrubbing the shop floors and thinking of another way to cover up the truth about there con games.

VBSI
09-22-2003, 11:03 PM
Eric- I want more details on your Cybernation ecu flash problems. I am getting boost, and I don't need problems like that.

esmith13
09-23-2003, 04:45 AM
their pretty basic, and all have been fixed apparently in the newest version of the flash, which comes wit all kits now as of last week.

1. Cell would commonly light for no reason (No code is actually thrown)

2. Maint. Req'd Light would stay lit randomly.

3. When you turn on headlights, the Low Fuel light would come on and would turn off when you turn off headlights.

4. Car would run kinda funny and you would have to pull the ECU fuse under he hood for 30 seconds and reset the computer.

Numbers 1, 2 & 4 have been completely fixed in the new flash. Current CN turbo users can purchace an "upgrade" piggyback to the ECU for about $100.(no tools req'd to install - plug and play)

Number 3, Cybernation claims they never heard of before and they say it's an electrical problem with his car specifically and has nothing to do with his turbo (he claims he NEVER had that problem before the turbo though.

Mind you , all of these problems were experienced on surfsi's car. I aquired info about the upgrade and pricing from Lee @ CN himself before I ordered MY turbo kit. That's when I was told I would recieve the newer ECU flash in my kit and that it fixes all the problems, and that the low fuel light problem was not caused by the CN kit.

I will keep you posted, however it looks likeit will be a month or so before I'm ready to go. There were a few problems over at CN (staffing, and mass production issues - nothing serious). In a nutshell, they never thought the EP kit would really sell, so they are unprepared to meet the demand. A jigg needs to be made for a cutom intercoler pipe (different than RSX pipe) and Lee himself is making a change to the kit that will help more installed users attain the dyno results that Steve (258-262HP)had instead of the 240HP that most installed EP kits were getting. Apparently, some customization that was done for Steve is now making it's way to the base kit. All good news for us.

Lemme know if you need any further info.

Eric

surfsi
09-25-2003, 08:27 PM
The low fuel light light does come on when I put the driving lights on but that doesn't bother me or the car, but when the engine block light comes on I have to retrip the ecu fuse or else the rpms get confused, and that also desn't bother me! The way I see it is maybe your car is just reminding you that it once was a sled and now is a raging bull that likes to get rubbed!

bgsteve523
09-30-2003, 06:58 PM
hey guys looking between the revhard and greedy kits. What is the best pice you have seen for both and what one is better? I would like the revhard for the whp alone but looking for info.
ROCKY how much did u pay can u hook me up with a good deal?

bgsteve523
09-30-2003, 07:04 PM
Rockep if you can hook me up with some revhard info that would be great. What they were saying about pushing revhard I would too if I was happy like you seem to be let me tell you I have been talking to a couple of people about picking up some sponserships like from revhard but I have written a couple of letters (e-mails) to revhard and haven't had one reply yet any pointers or contacts please let me know.
Thanks,
SteveO

RockEP_SS**
10-01-2003, 12:49 PM
Yo Steve-O! Yes we can hook you up with either kit you want. Greddy or Revhard. Revhard right now is a much more complete kit than the Greddy, but both of em are definitely worth the money. PM me for more info.

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

bgsteve523
10-01-2003, 06:04 PM
hey rockep I tried PM you but it says that your mail box is full and I can not send untill it is cleared out. E-mail me with some info please so we can talk about these kits.
Thanks,
Steve O

bgsteve523
10-03-2003, 10:34 AM
any new info guys?

VTECCzar
10-13-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by bgsteve523
any new info guys?

Ya im getting antsy....weighing all options here..Id like to get air to water IC also..along side a swap.....the bug has bitten me...and it is very deep:eek:

TheMutt
10-17-2003, 03:49 AM
Just to bump, what is expected from the Cybernation Stage II kit.

TheMutt
10-19-2003, 09:39 AM
I've been thinking some more lately, and I ended up heading over to clubrsx for some reading. Saw that some guys over there had the Stage2 cybernation kits on their RSX-S's. From what I saw the results were just amazing. Now I know that our EPs are a lot different, but do you think that a stage2 on an Si would result in numbers anywhere near comparable to the RSX-s?

And this is just a more in your own opinion kinda question...
Which would you rather do to your Si:
1) Stage II on the K20A3 or
2) Stage one after a swapped A2.

sniperSI
10-20-2003, 09:01 AM
With just 1 or 2 psi more boost because of our lower compression we can up the boost a tiny bit more and get the same numbers as the type S.

VTECCzar
10-21-2003, 12:19 AM
UPDATED: I jus purchased ahh K20A2!!!!!!!
Also,I was looking around and saw that the RSX Greddy turbo kit comes with the T-51 turbo and not the 18g.. jus a thought..now having the type-S motor...Why would I want the si kit?...lmao
So why does the SI Greddy kit come with the 18g anyway?
I want some answers!! hehe:tongue:

sniperSI
10-21-2003, 05:51 AM
because the RSX motors are higher compression?

02SilverSiHB
10-21-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by sniperSI
because the RSX motors are higher compression?
that's what I was thinking...rsx type s motor to be exact ;)

sniperSI
10-21-2003, 09:13 AM
yeah thats the ticket.

Someone explain to me the differance in sizes, is the turbo greddy comes with for the Si a snail shell? I'm not up on this whole turbo size thing.

02SilverSiHB
10-21-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by sniperSI
yeah thats the ticket.

Someone explain to me the differance in sizes, is the turbo greddy comes with for the Si a snail shell? I'm not up on this whole turbo size thing.
18g turbos are pretty big from my understanding. They won't spool up as fast as smaller ones like the type s. someone correct me if I'm wrong