PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else relate aeronautics w/ the styling of their Si?

ep pilot
08-24-2003, 06:57 PM
Call me a bit weird, but aside from being a huge automotive enthusiast I also share common interest in aeronautics. I find that when I look for an new automobile I subconsciously try to find something that resembles a Jet, in a very corny way. Well I was thinking about it in depth today and decided that I love the way my Si sort of resembles a menacing Jet fighter. The way the front end drops to a really steep slope, also the way the front windshield follows this slope.

Also I find that the cockpit alone is very aeronautically laid out. The shifter recalls the unit and placement, similar to that found in an F-16 fighter. Sometimes just before dusk, if I am heading out someplace, I turn just the park lamps on and pretend as if I

02TafWhtSi
08-24-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by ep pilot

Other cars that I have noted as somewhat resembling a Jet.

19xx-xx Acura NSX
3rd Generation RX-7

I can see these two but not our EP, then again, maybe I need some more time in design school :o

Type X
08-24-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by ep pilot
Call me a bit weird, but .........
Ryan

ok

your weird

blueiedgod
08-25-2003, 04:23 AM
I always felt Subaru XT (I think that is what it was called, my ex had one. It came with a V6 and 5 spd, very futuristic) was like a cockpit. It was more of a cockpit than the Si. Si has room!!!! But I see what you mean, the shifter and the seats do give that feeling. All you need is a pressurized suit and you can fly... lol

I just got mine back from the shop, driving a rental Neon for a week was hell. I was getting tired from my commnute, my back was hurting, the auto was killing me, the disconnected feeling was just numbing. Now I have a big grin when driving, again.

bao_pay
08-26-2003, 12:08 PM
what are you smoking?

cmk05
08-27-2003, 08:06 AM
my ep looks like a star trek shuttlecraft.
i drive around with my parking lights on and battle klingons.

then i look at the time on my timex, that looks like a rolex when i squint and see it's time to play with my blow up doll that looks like pam anderson in the right light.

i am da man.