PDA

View Full Version : Spoon Low Position Seat Slider???

SpacemanSpiff
06-24-2002, 11:53 AM
I just noticed that www.spoon-sports.com has a low position seat slider for the EP Type-R. They say it works with the stock seats to lower the seating position. I'm 6'4 and sometimes can hit my head on the ceiling on bumpy roads with an upright seat. Does anyone know anything about this product? Where to get one? Would it help with headroom? Will it fit our Si's?

The slider is on the Interior/Exterior page right under the Carbon Bucket Seat.

Thanks!

xlr8
06-24-2002, 07:06 PM
i dont know if that will work, but i want to know. im only 6 foot and my head is realy close to the ceiling, so i would ordera set if i knew they would fit

SpacemanSpiff
06-25-2002, 05:17 AM
Well, I'll start making some inquiries and report back here once I find out anything.

fishboy
06-25-2002, 12:23 PM
hell yeah, spoon stuff.

xlr8
06-25-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by SpacemanSpiff
Well, I'll start making some inquiries and report back here once I find out anything.
hell yeah, as soon as you find anything let me know. im going to try to find some info too

2k2civicSi
06-25-2002, 03:46 PM
lets do a group buy i want one to

SpacemanSpiff
06-27-2002, 06:19 AM
Well, I got an email from Alan at A&J Racing. He said that :

"The seat slider does not fit the stock seat. They are built for the Spoon Carbon Bucket Seats."

So I am pretty disappointed about that. Their web page is misleading though because it says:

"This lowers the factory Recaro seat position on Type R applications by about 5 cm."

The word "factory" has me confused because the Carbon seat isn't the factory seat for the Type R is it?

Anyway, I was impressed by his quick response and will probably look to them for other stuff in the future. Has anyone had any good or bad experienceswith A&J?

SpacemanSpiff
06-28-2002, 07:23 AM
Another update from Alan with A&J Racing. Apparently there is a low position seat slider available for the stock seats, but it only works on the right side, there are no left hand drive applications. :(

Oh well. I do fit in the SI, but another inch or so would be great.
I'm 6'4" and everyone always says to me "It must be nice to be that tall!"
But it really isnt for car enthusiasts. Why can't car companies build cars for taller people? The average height in America is growing, people are getting taller. I'd love to buy a Miata, but if I did I wouldn't be able to drive it. Lots of other cars that I like have no headroom either: Porsche Boxster, Acura RSX, Audi TT, and on and on! It's discrimination I say, I'm going to start a movement, we'll have a rally on the White House lawn. Surely I could get some NBA players to join my cause? It could be called the "Million Tall Person March!":D

nemessis
01-09-2003, 10:28 AM
Has anyone found something like this, that will work for are seats.

gpt
01-09-2003, 10:34 AM
Another update from Alan with A&J Racing. Apparently there is a low position seat slider available for the stock seats, but it only works on the right side, there are no left hand drive applications. :(

Oh well. I do fit in the SI, but another inch or so would be great.
I'm 6'4" and everyone always says to me "It must be nice to be that tall!"
But it really isnt for car enthusiasts. Why can't car companies build cars for taller people? The average height in America is growing, people are getting taller. I'd love to buy a Miata, but if I did I wouldn't be able to drive it. Lots of other cars that I like have no headroom either: Porsche Boxster, Acura RSX, Audi TT, and on and on! It's discrimination I say, I'm going to start a movement, we'll have a rally on the White House lawn. Surely I could get some NBA players to join my cause? It could be called the "Million Tall Person March!":D

I'm with you - I would love to have a really low seat rally style - lowers the centre of gravity and when you weigh 230lbs like me that would make a difference:D

BlasTech
01-09-2003, 10:44 AM
It would just be great to see the tach/speedo through the wheel.

SpacemanSpiff
01-10-2003, 08:26 AM
Yeah, I've given up actually seeing the tach and speedo needles. I try to judge by where the base of the needle is pointing. I just hope I dont get pulled over.

Cop: "Do you know how fast you were going?"
Me: "No Officer, i don't have a clue. You see, Honda discriminates against tall people and made this car so I can't see the gauges."
Cop: "Quit whining, here's your ticket":(

StrangeShadow
12-07-2003, 04:33 AM
Yeah, I've given up actually seeing the tach and speedo needles. I try to judge by where the base of the needle is pointing. I just hope I dont get pulled over.

Cop: "Do you know how fast you were going?"
Me: "No Officer, i don't have a clue. You see, Honda discriminates against tall people and made this car so I can't see the gauges."
Cop: "Quit whining, here's your ticket":(
bahahaha
I'm pretty short, but I wish my seats were lower...I feel like I'm driving a via bus due to seat height...

irrational
12-07-2003, 09:56 AM
try this link and do your research on these:
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22406

trk
12-16-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
It would just be great to see the tach/speedo through the wheel.

amen.

I just went and bought a frickin pivot small tach

SiRman
12-16-2003, 06:05 PM
Anyway, I was impressed by his quick response and will probably look to them for other stuff in the future. Has anyone had any good or bad experienceswith A&J?
A&J is local to me, I buy all my stuff from them they are top notch.

bmx269
12-17-2003, 10:06 AM
As with me, I have had a lot of work done by them, from my engine swap, to my Unorthodox pullies on friday. Always great service. :)

Rey
12-18-2003, 10:50 PM
Is it just me, or does the slider look like we have to drill holes in the sides of our chairs???

SiRman
12-18-2003, 11:14 PM
The seat rails shown here:http://www.aj-racing.com/spoon-sports/ep3-intext.html apperently only fit the Spoon Carbon Bucket seats and not our stock seats.

From previous page:

"The seat slider does not fit the stock seat. They are built for the Spoon Carbon Bucket Seats."

johnkimble
07-17-2004, 03:19 PM
has a lower/better set of rails been found yet?