PDA

View Full Version : DANGER DANGER...ep suspension

Zero Three Si
08-25-2003, 01:54 PM
Man I test drove the Cooper S....because my woman might be getting it......car rides on RAILS....

I'm ordering my springs and shocks TOMORROW.....

I don't feel safe driving my car now that I drove the cooper.

BTW....I think the cooper s would take car in the 1/4.

I wouldn't trade my ep for a cooper s......but I will make my woman get the cooper so I can drive both.....LOL

BlackNRedSi
08-25-2003, 03:16 PM
well yeah.....its a Mini, they are mad small man.....and look @ the price difference from a Si and a Mini....

tony speed
08-25-2003, 03:44 PM
my si rides on rails too....now i just need that limited slip and a sway bar.

IceD out N CALI
08-25-2003, 04:18 PM
cooper is a chick car:D

blueiedgod
08-25-2003, 04:20 PM
I drove cooper S before I bought the Si, and as much as I liked it the price was a problem. It had sunroof and traction control they were asking almost $23K for it. I bought Si for $9000 less. I think $9000 in mods will make the Si faster than Cooper S.

Don't forget they offer Copper S Works with 200 Hp, now. My girl wants one too, but I trying to convince her that she needs an Element.

Zero Three Si
08-26-2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
cooper is a chick car:D

I know that's why my girl is getting it......but it will be parked in MY garage. :o)

We don't have any kids so being that it's so "small" isn't a factor to us. I couldn't even imagen how fast that Cooper Works 200hp is going to be. I had the S 163hp up to 120mph in no time.

bobdobbs
08-26-2003, 02:31 PM
Big ups to edmunds.com for not buying into the Mini hype:

http://edmunds.com/reviews/comparison/articles/100466/article.html?tid=edmunds.h..reviews..4.*

"Get away from the track and the Cooper S suspension, especially when equipped with the Sport Package and 17-inch wheels and run-flat tires, makes you suffer every road blemish and imperfection."

"Suffer". I couldn't agree more. Making a car that handles isn't hard. Making a car that handles without beating the crap out of you? Priceless.

StrangeShadow
08-26-2003, 03:06 PM
Making a car that handles without beating the crap out of you? Priceless.
hahaha

02SilverSiHB
08-26-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
Big ups to edmunds.com for not buying into the Mini hype:

http://edmunds.com/reviews/comparison/articles/100466/article.html?tid=edmunds.h..reviews..4.*

"Get away from the track and the Cooper S suspension, especially when equipped with the Sport Package and 17-inch wheels and run-flat tires, makes you suffer every road blemish and imperfection."

"Suffer". I couldn't agree more. Making a car that handles isn't hard. Making a car that handles without beating the crap out of you? Priceless.
I don't think that is the mini's fault, just those rediculous 17" rims they come with. Those cars handle way better than ours.

bobdobbs
08-26-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

I don't think that is the mini's fault, just those rediculous 17" rims they come with. Those cars handle way better than ours.

Of course they do. And they beat the crap out of your kidneys in the process, even with the 16" rims. You could set up an EP3 to handle just as well and it would beat the crap out of you too.

chunky
08-26-2003, 07:55 PM

an si with 17" wheels would ride better than the cooper.

the cooper just has some crazy spring rates stock. so it's great for handling, but not so great for ride comfort.

btw, me v.s. cooper S = dead even. I had stock suspension, only upgrades were wheels/tires, exhaust midpipe, hondata heatshield im gasket, and es motor mount inserts.

the cooper s FEELS faster b/c of how the supercharger engages at a certain rpm (it has a clutch that engages & disengages it at a certain rpm) but the si has a better motor, and much more linear power delivery. the cooper's advantage is in the wieght savings - a bit over 100 lb over the civic.

IceD out N CALI
08-26-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by chunky

the cooper just has some crazy spring rates stock. so it's great for handling, but not so great for ride comfort.

btw, me v.s. cooper S = dead even. I had stock suspension, only upgrades were wheels/tires, exhaust midpipe, hondata heatshield im gasket, and es motor mount inserts.

the cooper s FEELS faster b/c of how the supercharger engages at a certain rpm (it has a clutch that engages & disengages it at a certain rpm) but the si has a better motor, and much more linear power delivery. the cooper's advantage is in the wieght savings - a bit over 100 lb over the civic.

wow dead even with the s? pretty good

Zero Three Si
08-26-2003, 08:48 PM

Hey man where in ATL are you? I'm going to Snellville and Cummin, Georiga....next week 10th through the 16th.

bobdobbs
08-26-2003, 09:21 PM

[snip]

Dude, your car looks great with the 15" Superleggeras! You got any more pictures?

SiMPLE_SiMON
08-26-2003, 09:43 PM
You're wrong about the weight of the Cooper S chunky. The sunroof (which comes with most packages) is really heavy (63lbs). They're actually nearly the same weight as the Si which comes standard with a sunroof.

02SilverSiHB
08-27-2003, 04:12 AM

I take it the s you were dead even with was at the track? How experience did the s driver have. The ones I've seen do pretty good. And yes, I agree the 17's on mine most likely ride better than the s.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade my si for a cooper any day.

LordKoo
08-28-2003, 03:36 PM
Mini is a piece of shit! God forbids such a POS to run around US roads. The whole chassis rattle like a 20 years old car!

So what the thing stick to the road like rail... But the whole package of the car is freaking backward technology and cost an arm and leg for it!

That car is a joke... a rich man's toy... ain't my style... I want functionality, refinement, improvement, reliability!!!!

Now get that POS out of our forum!

icegrill
08-28-2003, 09:47 PM
I'm so sick of these threads from owners saying how shitty their car is?????????!!!!!!! You fucking test drove it and bought it or mommy and daddy bought it for you. "I feel unsafe with the si suspension" give me a break:rolleyes: Try driving in an american car or truck then you'll feel unsafe. Grow up you baby.

Zero Three Si
08-29-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by icegrill
I'm so sick of these threads from owners saying how shitty their car is?????????!!!!!!! You fucking test drove it and bought it or mommy and daddy bought it for you. "I feel unsafe with the si suspension" give me a break:rolleyes: Try driving in an american car or truck then you'll feel unsafe. Grow up you baby.

Wow I think we really upset this guy.....lol

Gov_E
08-29-2003, 11:32 AM
"I'm so sick of these threads from owners saying how shitty their car is?????????!!!!!!!"

Me too - buy a VW, replace your cat, 4 coil packs, 7 window regs, fuel valve relay, etc. etc. etc. and then come talk smack.

By the way, said GTi just put the hurt on a Cooper S. Absolutely destroyed, maybe they couldn't drive.

Zero Three Si
08-29-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Gov_E
"I'm so sick of these threads from owners saying how shitty their car is?????????!!!!!!!"

Me too - buy a VW, replace your cat, 4 coil packs, 7 window regs, fuel valve relay, etc. etc. etc. and then come talk smack.

By the way, said GTi just put the hurt on a Cooper S. Absolutely destroyed, maybe they couldn't drive.

Man take your GTI and go back to vwvortex........hahahahahahaha

LordKoo
08-29-2003, 02:50 PM
Driving experience in Volkswagen to me is like driving a Toyota. What gives? Should not a German car should have that kind "different feel"? But Volkswagen do not.... Hence... A German toyota....

Gov_E
08-29-2003, 05:44 PM
i was backing you up, fucktard.

don't be a loser.

chunky
08-29-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si

Hey man where in ATL are you? I'm going to Snellville and Cummin, Georiga....next week 10th through the 16th.

dood. i live in lawrenceville, which is like 10-15 min from snellville.

PM me and we'll hang out when you're up.

chunky
08-29-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs

Dude, your car looks great with the 15" Superleggeras! You got any more pictures?

yep.

http://www.darksci.net/~chunky/wheelpics/DSC00134.JPG
http://www.darksci.net/~chunky/wheelpics/DSC00104.JPG

underhood shot

http://www.darksci.net/~chunky/wheelpics/DSC00133.JPG

chunky
08-29-2003, 07:31 PM

I take it the s you were dead even with was at the track? How experience did the s driver have. The ones I've seen do pretty good. And yes, I agree the 17's on mine most likely ride better than the s.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade my si for a cooper any day.

well, on the auto-x, I've put a handful of cooper s's to shame, but that was definitely driver skill there, as the cooper s is a better handling car (i was stock at the time. . . ).

When we were dead even was on the street from a freeway roll on up.

bobdobbs
08-29-2003, 07:39 PM

yep.

http://www.darksci.net/~chunky/wheelpics/DSC00134.JPG

I like them. I can't decide between the getting 16s or going with 15s for the weight savings. Decisions, decisions.

Back on topic: No matter how fast a Cooper is, it's still a chick car.

StrangeShadow
08-29-2003, 10:42 PM
Driving experience in Volkswagen to me is like driving a Toyota.
wtf does that mean?(clueless) please explain.

02SilverSiHB
08-30-2003, 06:34 AM

well, on the auto-x, I've put a handful of cooper s's to shame, but that was definitely driver skill there, as the cooper s is a better handling car (i was stock at the time. . . ).

When we were dead even was on the street from a freeway roll on up.
yeah, I don't think I'd be to scared of cooper s's on the street, especially here in San Antonio, with this heat.
As for auto-x, I have a while to go until I'm considered an okay driver :(

sleepin02si
08-30-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by icegrill

I could not agree more. You wanna feel unsafe? I had a 91 Cavalier and a 92 Taurus. These 2 death-traps on wheels would lean and sway and roll around ON EVERY turn, even when they were new! Newer cars are no better. They are absolute crap compared to the Si.