PDA

View Full Version : Moton Suspension

NemesisITR
08-25-2003, 04:36 PM
Has anyone used the Moton suspension before on their other cars?

Im thinking of buying it for the Ep. Just curious if anyone has used it before, like it, dislike it.

The Speedvision Acura Type Rs use it in conjuction with the Eibach spring.

What is really great about this suspension is that it has 7 different settings and you can use any spring rate you want without having to re-valve the shock.

Check it out at www.motonsuspension.com

Bobby Archer's German Motor Works here in Ft Worth carries it.

bobdobbs
08-25-2003, 05:03 PM
How muchie?

Quicksilver
08-25-2003, 06:02 PM
Unless you're using this for an all-out race application, they're just overkill in a street application. At $4200 for the double adjustable and $4800 for the triple adjustable, you're probably better off with something in the $1500-2000 range. For that you can get a premium street/track application like Tein Type Flex or JIC FLTA-2's. Unless you've got sponsors that are footing the bill, it's probably not worth the added cost.

Most cars have more performance in them than the driver is capable of utilizing effectively. Take that extra money and spend it on track time. Bruce Griggs of Griggs performance (who runs in American Iron Extreme) once told me this advise, "I could sell you one of my older American Iron cars that will out perform a Viper for around $30k. But it would take you another $30k plus of seat time to be competitive with it."

I didn't understand what he meant until I went to my first track event. Then I learned that my lack of "track driving" skills was holding back my $4k worth of suspension upgrades I'd done. My car has a lot more in it than I can get out of it right now. So I'm making up for it with more track time.

02TafWhtSi
08-25-2003, 06:28 PM
Interesting Quick! Never thought about it like that...maybe I'll be able to get more out of my Mugen set with some more practice :angel:

NemesisITR
08-25-2003, 06:29 PM
Im looking at the Club Sport which for most cars is around 3000 to 3700 dollars. The Eibach springs will cost around 75 per spring.
Cant use my Eibach springs I have now cause they are not competitive enough for the dampners.

Tein and JIC are not competitive enough for me. they are more of a "show" suspension than a real suspension. Im setting up this Ep for strict racing, but for the occasional street time also.

I want to be able to switch spring rates when ever I want without having to send back my shocks to be re-valved. With the Moton suspension I will be able to tune my car much easier and better.

If I was just looking for a cool suspension for the street Id get the type flex from Tein.

NemesisITR
08-25-2003, 06:45 PM
Dont get me wrong guys, im not putting down anyone who wants to buy the Teins or the JICs or even the Mugen suspension. I think those are all great.

I want something that is close to the N1 class of suspension. The reason is is that I would eventually move to that style later on anyway. I rather save me the money now and just buy more than I need than buy something that im going to change out later.

Quicksilver
08-25-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by NemesisITR
Dont get me wrong guys, im not putting down anyone who wants to buy the Teins or the JICs or even the Mugen suspension. I think those are all great.

I want something that is close to the N1 class of suspension. The reason is is that I would eventually move to that style later on anyway. I rather save me the money now and just buy more than I need than buy something that im going to change out later.

Don't sweat it. Us Tein owners don't take offense. We're just jealous of those that can afford "the real deal" in suspension. I'd only seen King Motorsports' prices, so that's what I'd been going off of. Since I'm running 99% street miles, the Teins work for me. I'd try contacting some of the SCCA racing groups, especially RTR, to see if they can give an aspiring racer some advice.

Just make sure if you get the Motons that you take lots of pictures for us to drool over. :p

NemesisITR
08-26-2003, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the info!!

Dont worry when I get it Ill post pics.

Im doing the roll cage first (winter project)

Hopefully the Moton in the spring/summer 04

Im looking into a career change at the moment and it all depends where im going to be at.

Burgh
08-27-2003, 07:24 AM
Hey, if you're going road racing then there aren't too many other companies out there that can compete with Motons, Penskes etc. I think you'd be the first to do an all out road racing car with an EP. There are a couple of guys on HT that road race it I think but I've never heard of anyone with Motons. Keep us updated on your projects.