PDA

View Full Version : My first oil change...read!

gito
08-25-2003, 07:04 PM
I only have 4921 miles on my Si and I thought it would be a good idea to go to the dealer and do the regular 5000 miles oil change. I drove inside the building and the guy was very cool with me, he said next time you need to call first before you come in! ok.
My car was ready in about an hour, but you are not gonna believe what those losers did!!!!! They got oil all over the inside of my car!!!! the whole arm rest, door handles, the steering wheel, the shift knob, the outside of the door, and all over the top of the engine!!!! I can't believe what those idiots did! They cleaned it a bit after I complained, but I can't get the rest of the oil off very easily. Then I am at home and decided to go out side and enjoy the nice weather and then I thought I should go and check the oil level, and the oil is very low in my car!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what to do now, should I go tomorrow and ask for my money back, should I call Honda? Those idiots need to learn a lesson!!! Maybe you can help me think of something.

blackyEP3
08-25-2003, 07:52 PM
Take it back and talk to the service manager and see what they can do for you! If it were me, I'd ask them to clean the whole car in and out, I wouldn't of even drove off the lot until the sevice manager saw it. $$ back is a good idea too!! You pay for service, if they didn't do it right, then they should be held accountable!

Its amazing how these guys treat other people's property like shit. Keep us posted!

On my first oil change, it took approx 1 hr too. There was another EP infront of me and for the life of them, they had the hardest time taking off the oil filter!:rolleyes:

bobdobbs
08-25-2003, 08:15 PM
They've damaged your car beyond simple repair. Oil does not come out of leather or fabric easily. Even if it appears to be out, you can still smell it. They need to replace any soft material that they got oil on. If that means new seats, steering wheel, shift knob, so be it. They screwed up and need to fix it.

As for the low-oil issue, it depends on how low. If it was at the lower range of the dipstick it will probably be fine. If it doesn't show up on the dipstick at all, you could have trouble.

You need to outline all the problems in a letter and hand it to the service manager. I do not suggest you simply let the manager decide what he can do for you. You need to decide and tell him if the situation is not corrected to your satisfaction, you will take them to court. It's likely they will do whatever they can to avoid that.

You shouldn't have to, but it's worth changing your own oil just to avoid bullshit like this.

gito
08-30-2003, 08:09 PM
Well guys I have some news, I went back the next day to the dealer and I talked to the service manager, and he took my car inside to clean it up... It looked fine at the moment, but later the white spots were appearing again. It looks like they used some kind of wax/cleaner and it lasted just for a few hours and then when it was dry, it got worse. My car has white spots in the plastic door handle and right above the handle. I don't really know what to do, I called the manager yesterday and told him that my car has been ruined and I need to get my car back to normal like when I brought it in. He said to bring it on Tuesday to clean it up again.

Do you guys think that, cleaning or detailing would make my car look back to normal?
What I should do? I hate to fight this people!
Thanks

greenguy
08-30-2003, 08:31 PM
That really sucks dude!:(
call Honda of America. That will get you some where...I hope:rolleyes:

trabadoo22
08-30-2003, 08:32 PM
I think bobdobbs is a good solution... "You need to outline all the problems in a letter and hand it to the service manager. I do not suggest you simply let the manager decide what he can do for you. You need to decide and tell him if the situation is not corrected to your satisfaction, you will take them to court. It's likely they will do whatever they can to avoid that."

As far as getting your car back to the condition it was in before you dropped it off I'm not sure what needs to be done. I would say though that if the car is not in original condition after they clean it again I would demand that they replace everything that was damaged. As far as the oil situation, I would personally take it to another mechanic and have them take a look at it. If they think it is low enough to have affected the engine I would ask if they could write a brief letter stating so and have them sign it. If it is too low you may be able to get something out of it. That is if you want to persue it.

DavidT
08-30-2003, 09:20 PM
Dude that blows big time. I'd find out what mechanic did my oil change and beat the bloody hell out of his ass (Sorry bad temper). You should learn how to do it yourself bro, it takes like 10-15 minutes at the most. To reset the oil light it's pretty easy too, I believe it says how to do it in the manual. Hope you get everything sorted out, good luck.

SinisterCivicSi
08-30-2003, 09:59 PM
BULLSHIT! YOU DO NOT NEED TO CALL FIRST!
they are full of it. definatly go to the service manager or the store manager and complain, make them clean or replace every single piece that has oil on it. fuck em

IknowApirate
08-30-2003, 10:05 PM
What dealer is this? I'd sure like to avoid it...

chubbychu
08-30-2003, 10:17 PM
some dealers....werid...ive heard of dealers that do aftermarket. My dealer is really nice.

in accordance to what everyone is saying, u need to POLITELY ask about what they are doing about the problem. and if it doesnt get fixed, what can be done. Now, your car is definitely still underwarranty. So it shouldnt be a problem getting replacement parts for free.
good luck..sorry about the troubles man

gito
08-30-2003, 10:18 PM
Thanks guys! The dealer is the one in Motor Mall, Detroit.
I will let you know how it goes on Tuesday!

bobdobbs
08-31-2003, 12:19 AM
Troy Motor Mall, off Maple Ave?

Seriously, man, you need to take care of this. If you've never had to deal with getting a business to respond to a complaint, this is the time to start. It will be good practice for when something major happens. Just state logically the situation in writing, providing receipts and details and tell them how they can fix it. You don't need to get upset, just be firm. And remember, in situations like this, you snooze you lose. Take care of it now.

sniperSI
08-31-2003, 05:39 AM
aye man, if you don't go to that honda dealership and make them replace every piece of that fucking car they fucked up i'm gonna find where you live and beat you up.

Don't let them do that shit to your nice new SI, Ask to speak to the lot manager whatever and if you can't get your parents because that is b/s for real!!@#!@

87gn
08-31-2003, 06:25 AM
why did you let them touch it in the first place? if ya want somethen done right do it your self.

gito
08-31-2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
Troy Motor Mall, off Maple Ave?

Yep, that's the one! They have been very nice and stuff so far, we'll se how they fix this situation. I just HATE to be involved in this kind of things!

seattlecivic
08-31-2003, 08:26 AM
It seems like your letting them try to take care of it their way still. You should have put everyting in writing and told them to "REPLACE" the parts. Come on man, don't kick yourself in the ass down the road because it was too late. Its your car.. not theirs. They are probably lazy bums that are not even putting any effort to really clean it. Tell them new parts bottom line.. or court.

Judge Judy Yo! Nah.. but seriously.. Good luck. I hope your car is back to normal soon.

irrational
08-31-2003, 11:53 AM
this seems to be a common occurance lately. redronin aka rob had a honda dealership fuck up an oil change too. where was this at man? i cant freakin believe that "trained professionals" who charge upwards of $20 for somthing so basic cant do it right!!!:mad:

gito
09-02-2003, 09:08 AM
I went in this morning and show the manager where the white spots were and at least he saw them. He took the car back inside to the "detailing depart."
I wait for 30 min and I saw this guy driving my car and he said; " well it's ready, what do you think? I said, Why did you use Armor oil in the doors? He said, well to get the white spots out! Well That's just covering the white spots, I said and then finally I show him the marks through the oil, they were visible still!!! He called the manager and the manager asked me; What can I do to make you happy? I said: I just want my car the way it was before. He said, you know what, I going to order a new panel door for you car, does that makes you happy? and I said yes!!!
Thank god everything went smoothly, even though they were very upset.
Thanks guy for the support!

sniperSI
09-02-2003, 09:11 AM
I'm so proud :'(

dont let a business you give money to walk all over you, You walk all over them.

Zero Three Si
09-02-2003, 09:56 AM
Stop taking your car to the dealer....don't they charge like 30 bucks to do an oil change....just find a mom and pop oil change place and let them do it...

Besides you shouldn't have to wait an HOUR to get the oil done.

Just stay away from those Chain oil change places like Jiffy lube or Oil Express.

seattlecivic
09-02-2003, 10:29 AM
Gito,

Thanks for not backing out and letting them walk over you again. Now me and that other guy wont' have to kick your butt for letting those butt's get away with messing up your car. HA!!!

I guess this is a good post for all those other people out there too that might have the same thing happen to them. :p

87gn
09-02-2003, 12:32 PM
Stop taking your car to the dealer....don't they charge like 30 bucks to do an oil change....just find a mom and pop oil change place and let them do it...

does people even change there own oil any more???:rolleyes:

bobdobbs
09-02-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by 87gn
does people even change there own oil any more???:rolleyes:

I does. Engine and tranny.

the JigGa mAn
09-02-2003, 03:27 PM
FUCK YEAH....next time shit happens with your car take charge, tell them what you want and when you want it by...you dont have to waste time goin back to the dealer when they dont do the job right the frst time

gito
09-19-2003, 10:30 AM
Guys, this time is really serious.
I got a call from the dealer on Wednesday that my new door panel came in. I made in appointment for today at 8am I went and they told me was going to take 4 hours to finish the job, I thought was ok since they were trying to fix my problem.
They called me earlier about 10:30 am and they said your car is ready we are sending the shuttle bus to pick you up and I thought wow thats even nicer.

I got to the dealer and I got into my car and the surprise was the " new " door panel was flat, no shine at all, that was weird, then I noticed some areas with some bright shine in it, then I stop my car at the side of the road and noticed a huge greasy spot down by the speaker!!! wow this is bad!!!

My question: Is it possible the a Certified Honda dealer could be lying????? Saying that they installed a new panel door when all they did was almost strip the whole finish of the door???

Guys I need to do something today, should I call Honda Corp. or what?

Thanks

Driftin SI
09-19-2003, 10:39 AM
Call Honda and explain to them what happened from start to finish and see what they say. This is totally unacceptable by any means. I would have gone off on the service manager and then asked for the GM or the owner because this is bullshit.

sniperSI
09-19-2003, 10:44 AM
Also tell them you want to see the old door panel, and the Honda stickers from the new parts box. (not rice stickers, the stickers with the part # )

Certified honda or not, they are mechanics, and human.

Jester
09-19-2003, 11:56 AM
yeah I'd ask to see the old door panel. I know that dealerships do this kind of shiot all the time... when I bought my car in the spring the SIR emblem ws scratched off the back before I picked it up and I told them I wanted it fixed (the big scratch mark in the paint) well they put on a cheesy aftermarket emblem and told me that they touched it up..I had them get me a new emblem and I took the cheese off..wow to my...well lets say I was NOT surprised to see that the scratch was just covered up with the old emblem..I took it in right away and had them fix it while I watched and i thanked them for wasting my time, and not doing it in the first place...

civic hatch boi
09-19-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs

I does. Engine and tranny.

rofl! that's funny .. no one else got it? anyways.. my dad has changed my oil every time since the first.. gotta love mechanic dad's :) but i go buy the honda filter and oil.

sniperSI
09-19-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Jester
yeah I'd ask to see the old door panel. I know that dealerships do this kind of shiot all the time... when I bought my car in the spring the SIR emblem ws scratched off the back before I picked it up and I told them I wanted it fixed (the big scratch mark in the paint) well they put on a cheesy aftermarket emblem and told me that they touched it up..I had them get me a new emblem and I took the cheese off..wow to my...well lets say I was NOT surprised to see that the scratch was just covered up with the old emblem..I took it in right away and had them fix it while I watched and i thanked them for wasting my time, and not doing it in the first place...

I remember that story, what a bunch of asses , I swear to god these dealership people act like you just did Spend fucking Twenty THOUSAND dollars on their product. !@