PDA

View Full Version : dropin the clutch at 4500 rpm with no wheel hop!!!!

Black 02 SI
08-25-2003, 11:30 PM
well finally put my motor mount inserts in my car last week. all I can say is......HOT DAMN!!!!!! they work like a champ, no wheel hop at all at any rpm drop. I wish I had done this months ago when I forst got them. the rear one was easy to put in, didn't drop the exhaust either as everyone says you have to. as far as the front one, not to bad, I did it my own way instead of moving the engine. I took the battery out and unbolted the metal battery tray(which needs to be pryed off after the bolts are off, there are 2 bolts on top and two under) then I took out the fan and the mount is easy as hell to get out after that. believe me I tried for over an hour to move the engine and drop the mount out from under, but I was unable to do it this way for some reason. imo from the top is much better. but anyway, what a difference, and it has slight vibration when you first take off, after that nothing. I def suggest this mod over anything else, can easily hit 3rd with no effort.

IchBinEinSiR
08-26-2003, 08:07 AM
What kind of vibrations do you get? At idle, or at different RPM's, or when cruising down the highway?? Elaborate please...

Lev
08-26-2003, 11:25 AM
There is a slight increase in vibration while at speed on the highway, but it's probably only noticible to those who pay close attention to the sounds of their cars.

At idle it's fairly pronounced. Right above idle, in the 1-2k range it can be very pronounced, causing the interior, rearview, etc, to shake for a second as you accellerate past. It's much worse with the AC on than without.

Fortunately, once you have them in for a little while, you start to learn what to do and what not to do to miss the vibration. Mainly, I just make sure that I don't ride the gas / clutch while waiting to take off, and then make a clean launch once the light turns (I'm talking daily driving here, not racing). You'll find that the increased response from your engine will more than make up for any need to launch from a higher rpm than idle.