PDA

View Full Version : Have you removed your rear headrestraints? or do you leave them in?

ep pilot
08-26-2003, 12:30 AM
Do you leave your rear headrest in or out? I think they sort of look dorky in there, namely because nobody ever sits back there in my car anyway. Also they don't really match the front seats, like per se in a GTi or similar car. Also I find my visibility 10X's better...... I would actually like to soon mount a camera pod in the existing holes for auto-X.

-Ryan

Suk02Si
08-26-2003, 12:52 AM
I had them off for a while but just stuck 'em back in to hold my camera mount for racing :)

STP03BlueSI
08-26-2003, 05:17 AM
I have them out. no one sits in the back seat, plus you can see better out of the hatch.:D But i have them stored in the trunk(well at least one)

Mechanic
08-26-2003, 05:55 AM
I removed mine. First, I wanted to take weight out of the car, and also removing them from way up there on the top of the seat moved the center of gravity down, oh, I'd say a foot or so :-]

blackyEP3
08-26-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Mechanic
I removed mine. First, I wanted to take weight out of the car, and also removing them from way up there on the top of the seat moved the center of gravity down, oh, I'd say a foot or so :-]

how much weight savings were there?? :)

Brettnyt
08-26-2003, 06:40 AM
Yeah, i just took mine out for rearward visibility.... Plus no one is ever hardly back there...

BlasTech
08-26-2003, 06:56 AM
So far I've only had 4 passengers in the back over 12000 miles. I leave em out for visibility

tony speed
08-26-2003, 08:00 AM
this is a solo riding car....if you ride in the back, you just may get whip lash.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-26-2003, 08:36 AM
They've been in my closet since the day i bought my car.

JapanExpress
08-26-2003, 09:52 AM
I leave mine in. No reason not to. And they don't hurt visibility at all.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-26-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by JapanExpress
I leave mine in. No reason not to. And they don't hurt visibility at all.

uhhhh, what car are you driving?
they certainly do hurt rear visibility.
almost as bad as my wife's CR-V which is also rear headrest-less.

IceD out N CALI
08-26-2003, 12:13 PM
i took them out by the second day of ownership

BlackNRedSi
08-26-2003, 12:16 PM
The stock ones are out, i put CF ones in for better track time!

took about .00001 seconds off my 1/4 :):):):)

esmith13
08-26-2003, 01:02 PM
Removed the first week of ownership...

Spidey
08-26-2003, 03:12 PM
The visibility is bad regardless if they're not in. I like the look of them in the car, but yeah, they're pretty much useless since hardly anyone sits back there.

bryan
08-26-2003, 03:18 PM
I took mine out the first week I had the car; definately can see better without them.

TrippZ
08-26-2003, 03:42 PM
i took mine out after people said they had better visibility.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-26-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Spidey
The visibility is bad regardless if they're not in. I like the look of them in the car, but yeah, they're pretty much useless since hardly anyone sits back there.

bad visibility > horrible visibility

andy
08-26-2003, 08:39 PM
I currently have one out...and one in. :rolleyes: :o

I'm probably going to get the covers embroidered - I have
a thread in the Interior forum about it. It will only be about
$55, including shipping. I had that done on my WRX (on the
front seats) and it dressed up the interior without being
too gaudy/tacky/expensive. I didn't get the chance to send
them out before I was shipped out here to New Mexico.

I'll be sure to take pics once they are done...Personally, I
think visibility is a little better without them (or one ;) ), but
I don't think it makes too much of a difference. The stupid
Toyota Camry rental I'm driving around has horrible rear
visibility, so I think it's all relative.

ep pilot
08-27-2003, 12:11 AM
I understand the safety aspect of having them in place, but Honda should have made them streamline, like so many other makers, until you need them, or someone sits back there. I'm 5'7'' so I'm not the tallest man. It's difficult to see around them when backing out. Plus I've always though they looked silly, the way they make the back of the seats look really high, our rear seat does come up pretty high already.

You think our rear headrests are bad, try looking out the back of an MKIV Golf/ GTi, they've got X3 headrest in the way, for freaking what???? like three adults are going to sit in the back of a 3 door economy car.

-Ryan

BarracksSi
08-27-2003, 06:12 AM
I leave them in. I'd rather just have them there instead of having to fumble around and put them back in when I get a passenger or two back there.

Besides, they're not there to look pretty. They're there to keep a person's head from snapping back when some dumbass rear-ends my car.

LedFoot
08-27-2003, 06:39 AM
I took mine out at first to see clearer in the back. But since then, I've had some backseat passenger complaints and the head rests kept sliding around in the trunk. But who cares! buhahah.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-27-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by ep pilot
I understand the safety aspect of having them in place, but Honda should have made them streamline, like so many other makers, until you need them, or someone sits back there. I'm 5'7'' so I'm not the tallest man.

-Ryan

Its not your height, i'm 6'6" and cant see shiet w/ them in.

bloodzombie
08-27-2003, 03:05 PM
If I never had passengers, I'd take them out.. but if you're driving around with people back there, it seems stupid to me to remove them. Might as well remove the seatbelts too.

raiyo
08-27-2003, 09:00 PM
i removed mine. better view and one less thing for thiefs. do i sit in the back? no. i let the people in the back suffer, heheh.

02NJHondaep3
08-28-2003, 10:37 AM
I just leave them on and ride with the back seats down.Does that make sense?

NemesisITR
08-28-2003, 06:18 PM
I took mine out the first day......along with everything else in the back:D

Civicvtec1ps
08-28-2003, 06:22 PM
still in my car
seems fine..

Brettnyt
08-28-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
The stock ones are out, i put CF ones in for better track time!

took about .00001 seconds off my 1/4 :):):):)

LOL, CF headrests... not exactly comfortable, but you save time! Only if you have people in the back and need to go fast with headreasts in... I smell a group buy! ;)

siver-SI
08-31-2003, 01:38 PM
I have them in but if I used my rear view more I would maybe remove them. I use my side mirrors more then anything. I do not like using the rear view. I guess it is because I tow a lot and you can not back a trailer using your rear view very well when you have to park the trailer between two things with about a foot to each side of extra room. If some one took my rear view off my car I bet it would take me a while to notice.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-31-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by siver-SI
I have them in but if I used my rear view more I would maybe remove them. I use my side mirrors more then anything. I do not like using the rear view. I guess it is because I tow a lot and you can not back a trailer using your rear view very well when you have to park the trailer between two things with about a foot to each side of extra room. If some one took my rear view off my car I bet it would take me a while to notice.

you mustnt speed alot and/or you get alot of tickets.
i'm constantly glancing in my rearview for cops.

siver-SI
08-31-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC

you mustnt speed alot and/or you get alot of tickets.
i'm constantly glancing in my rearview for cops.

I do speed but no tickets YET. Living out in the county the cops are very perdictable were they sit so I know were to look. When I race doing review is a bad thing I found out so I make sure to keep my eyes ahead.