PDA

View Full Version : satellite antennas

hernameis?
08-26-2003, 05:00 AM
Hey guys, I just ordered my sirius radio stuff and was wondering were everyone stuck their antennas. Pics would definatley be a plus..

Speck
08-26-2003, 05:47 AM
I do not have one yet, but I was looking in the service manual and found how to take the antenna off. So when I DO get XM, I will be removing the antenna and mounting the Terk antenna in the factory location :)

Just an idea.

-=speck=-

JLannoo
08-26-2003, 03:09 PM
I have Sirius. I just put it on the rear deck inside the car. It only ever cuts out a sec while driving under certain bridges.

At first I thought I might of only been getting repeater signals. Since I didnt mount it on metal like I was suppose to. That turned out not to be true though as I had zero loss on a long road trip out of state awhile back.

It also worked perfect during the giant blackout we had just had recently. So I must be getting a sat signal.

I LOVE SIRIUS,no commercials :D

hernameis?
08-26-2003, 03:40 PM
ok thats what ive gotten from reading around. wasnt too big on putting it on the outside (messes up the ep sweeeeet lines) ok so how hard was it to run back there. any tips? thanks

Surprise
08-26-2003, 04:06 PM
doesn't look too bad in the back, plus no chance of leaks!

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/509/9271/p/218776_6822437704500428673_v.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/surprise/P1010010.jpg

JLannoo
08-26-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by hernameis?
ok thats what ive gotten from reading around. wasnt too big on putting it on the outside (messes up the ep sweeeeet lines) ok so how hard was it to run back there. any tips? thanks

Well my sat tuner is in the hatch area and is piggybacked of of my basslink for power. The power is run from the battery using the foglight gromit hole.

I have the RCA's for the basslink,The Sat tuner data cable,remote turn on, remote bassknob and power line ran up front using a series of tucks and covers. lol

I didnt take anything apart. Just tucked cables under the sides of the center console then under the rear mat close behind the seats. Then up and along side the rear seats.

Only place you can see cables is where they come up from the mats to the lower cusion of the rear seat. I put a black cable cover over them.

I attached the antenna to the deck using the hook side of a velcro strip. I wish I would have found another way. If you try to reposition the antenna or take it down or anything the velcro really rips up the fuzzy hair stuff on the deck.

hernameis?
09-02-2003, 05:23 PM
well its on, and for anyone that doesnt have it, GET IT!!! best $100 bucks Ive spent on my car in a long time. I just placed the antenna in the back hatch, I got the 902 from kenwood which all it needs is an antenna and hooked up to a kenwood deck. BAMMM 15 minutes and now I have more stations then time to listen to it. And I must say that the reception even in the woods (and boy im in the woods) in PA and the reception is more than I hoped for. Thanks for al your help

JLannoo
09-02-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by hernameis?
I got the 902 from kenwood which all it needs is an antenna and hooked up to a kenwood deck.

Yea the newer tuner doesnt need its own power connection...gets it from the headunit. good stuff