PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Company And Honda Dealership Are Jerks !

C1V1C
08-26-2003, 10:36 AM
I got my car broken into last week.

I call the parts department, see how much the parts will cost. The quote me for $440, and I calculate the whole thing, including Headunit and etc, The total was around $700. So I decided to install it back again, by myself.

Then I started ordering the parts and they missed one parts and the difference is $280 and now my total is almost $1100 not including labor.

So I go back to my insurance claim ... DAMN they are JERK. I got some of the parts back on temporarily, so I could use the AC. They refused to write the amount and the labot unit. All I want is to save the labor money, so I can do it myself.

then I had to go through the dealer for estimate and they refused to do a written estimate.

SUCKS !! ........

STP03BlueSI
08-26-2003, 11:20 AM
they refused a written estimate!?!

I would have gone in there and riped someones head off for that shit. That is wrong for a dealership to do!.:mad:

I would go back in there and raise hell

bobdobbs
08-26-2003, 11:28 AM
I think we're hearing less than half of the story.

Zero Three Si
08-26-2003, 12:02 PM
I would agree Bdobbbbbb

It sounds like he's trying to scam a few hundred bucks off the INS company and they are on to his plan.

Tenacious G
08-26-2003, 12:29 PM
are you financing or leasing your car? if that's the case, Honda technically still owns the car. as the lien holders (Honda), the insurance company must protect them by getting the car fixed, either at a dealership or body shop. only if you own the car will the insurance company cut you a check for parts and labor.

they're not being jerks, they're just following the rules.

bobdobbs
08-26-2003, 01:14 PM
I gotta back up my man, Tenacious G. The insurance company is legally bound to make good on the claim, but won't pay anyone except an approved repair facility. Plus, the Honda service department is in the business of fixing cars, not providing free estimates for people who want to pocket the labor money.

C1V1C
08-26-2003, 03:28 PM
so, Are you guys saying that it is impossible to get something from the insurance ? let say the total estimate is $1500 and I can get $500 check from them ? because I can do it myself ? or I can bring it where ever I want ?

thanks ...

Tenacious G
08-26-2003, 04:14 PM
assuming your leasing or financing, here's a likely scenario of what will happen ...

the insurance company should have/will send out an adjuster to get an estimate of the damage, and provide you with a copy of this estimate. they also will provide you a list of approved repair shops to take your car to.

even if you are able to do the work yourself, the insurance company is under obligation to pay a certified repair shop to do the work. like i said before, honda technically still is the owner of the car. so it's their call as to how and where to fix the car. and SOP calls that the car be taken to a certified repair shop.

hth

spydur
08-26-2003, 04:45 PM
An insurance claim on car that has a lien on it (financed or leased) is sumwhat similiar to a house with a mortgage on it. When you have a fire or storm damage claim on a house, the insurance company makes out a joint payee check (to the owner and the mortgageholder). Typically, the mortageholder will not endorse the check until all of the work is completed and then they require proof that the contractor is fully paid. Too many homeowners and car owners have in the past tried to spend the insurance claim proceeds for something else with either the repair work never performed or improperly performed to save money.

Zero Three Si
08-29-2003, 11:37 AM
So what ever happen with this?

C1V1C
08-29-2003, 03:05 PM
Well, I talked to the claim office, they are saying that Insurance will provide the funds to make the car back to previous condition. So they are willing to pay the total estimated amount and not including the deductible amount.

I went to a body shop and get a free quote from them, they quoted me for $850 for labor only, to fix the dashboard and dent on the side panel ...

The parts only cost me like $1000 and If the state farm is being nice to me (Which is NO WAY), I could get $500 back, at least ... ( I crossed my fingers on this :p )

So I will only need to fix the door and dashboard .. Damn THIEF !