PDA

View Full Version : Is your ep still ugly??

DyNastySi
08-27-2003, 04:48 PM
Do people still hate on your ep?? I just started going back to school and I thought for sure I would hear the "your car is a mini mini van" remark. Couldnt be further from the truth. People give me good comments all the time. They even know that its a honda.:eek: Juss wondering how everyone if everyone else is seeing a change of feelings from other people.

bobdobbs
08-27-2003, 05:06 PM
Dude, if you're seeking the approval of others, you're going to be miserable. There is no single car out there that somebody won't talk shit about. All that matters is you like it.

Speck
08-27-2003, 05:33 PM
Dyn: To answer your post instead of jumping on you... Yes, I have definately seen a change in the attitude of alot of people towards the car.

I think alot of it comes from the amount of EPs that have been in the major magazines. People seem to want to know more, instead of just snickering.

-=speck=-

2003EPHatch
08-27-2003, 05:37 PM
Yeah, I hear buttloads of garbage talk about my car. Like mentioned above, if your wanting each and every person to approve of the looks of your car, power, etc your not going to be all that happy. HOPEFULLY you bought the car because you liked it. Not to please other people. Either way, enjoy the car. It's nothing to be ashamed about owning.

Speck
08-27-2003, 05:44 PM
DAMMIT PEOPLE, do you not understand? or are you both new owners?
Let me draw this out for you:

1.) When the SI came out, us new owners got poked fun of for driving a "Minivan" or a "Jacked Up Civic".

2.) People compared us to the Focus (as far as looks)

3.) People said our EPs just WANTED to be SI's, that they never would be.

NOW: People are asking me about my SI, instead of just saying it couldn't hang, they want to know what I am going to do next to it.

The point of Dynastysi's post was exactly this: Isn't it cool how people are now interested in the EP? Finally, we aren't the bastard children of Civic series.

Sorry to rant, but 2 posts from 2 people saying the same thing. I am SICK of people dumping on others. There are REAL people on the other end here.

Plus I have a pregant moody wife, makes me moody too :)

EDIT: 2003EPHatch: That last part wasn't really directed at you, I reread your post, and it was a good one. :) Then again, this post really isn't directed at anyone in particular... I am just pissed off, moody and itching for an arguement ;-)

-=speck=-

JLannoo
08-27-2003, 05:47 PM
Everyone who has seen my EP likes it. Only crack I ever got was from a co-worker. who asked if I had a little one on the way since I got a practical car with a back seat. :D

IceD out N CALI
08-27-2003, 05:55 PM
i havent had any complaints. some people here on ephatch have said people have referred to their cars as electric, or hampster cars

KickerSi
08-27-2003, 06:03 PM
bastard children of Civic series
ROFLMAO That was great. I have to admit though, when the Si first came out I hated it b/c it didnt look like a civic and it reminded me of my car at that time (focus). Then I saw an EP slammed with 18's, it was that day that I wanted an EP. My car went from everyone hating it to earning the respect of my friends and the guys at the track, not to mention putting the fear into ricers. DAMN I love this car.

bobdobbs
08-27-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by KickerSi

Then I saw an EP slammed with 18's, it was that day that I wanted an EP.

I didn't care much for it until I started playing Sega GT 2002 and drove a Type R there. From then on, I had the bug.

ATRIOT
08-27-2003, 06:20 PM
My eps never been ugly

513n179
08-27-2003, 06:21 PM
my car never was or never will be ugly...

to me, it's all about the love for the hatch...

before i even started driving, i could only picture myself driving a civic hatch... the EG was my dream car, but never became true. i settled for a used EK and loved the car to death. but when the EP came out a few years back, i was pretty much sold on making it my first new car... so out with the EK in with the EP.

k20hatch
08-27-2003, 07:14 PM
I get more and more props everyday on my car from young people to old people!

ep pilot
08-27-2003, 07:27 PM
Seriously man, you bought your car because you like it. Fact has it, everyone likes SUV's these days anyway so don't trip. Most people look at our segment as an era that has come and gone.

If you want everyone to get all warm & fuzzy about your car, trade the Ep, get your self an SUV, who cares who makes it, get the KIA, get the Hyundai......You will be everyones envy for a week, also middle aged Women will hit on you. Guys in there thirties & forties will idol you.

But remember, owning an Ep is like being a member of a small unique club. When you drive what everyone likes, you become a droid, you want to be the envy of everyone, and only care whos **** is larger. When you drive an Ep, you just wait for the chance to just see another one on the road, so you can wave at it.

-Ryan

blackyEP3
08-27-2003, 08:23 PM
I bought my EP because I got $4000 off MSRP and it was the best car I could of gotten for the $$......heck, if I had another $4000 to spend on a car, it'd still be an EP!

As EP pilot said, our cars are unique. You see every kind of Joe Blow drive RSXs and IS300 and what not around. With our EPs, I see maybe 3 to 4 a week at most.

02SilverSiHB
08-28-2003, 04:22 AM
no everyone loves it now, even the people that laughed at me for owning it. Only person now that hates it, is this guy that drives some old as 1980 buick...so I really don't let that bother me.

blueiedgod
08-28-2003, 05:00 AM
I have to admit, I don't think Si is ugly, but she is no beauty either. "It's whats inside that counts" I think it applyes here very well. I always liked the 1996-2000 hatch (EG, I guess), but they did not have an EX trim (power everything, sunroof, cruise, ect.) When this first came out I really liked the idea, but not the price. But when I was approached with a very reasonable offer, I took it. I have not regretted getting Si, but I do wish Honda tidied up their QC department in Swindon UK.

Like people said before if you want 95% approval rate, you should have gotten the "bread and butter" line of cars, mid-size 4 door sedan or an SUV.

Sterotypes are deceiving. When I tell someone I drive a Civic, they just nod. But, when the time comes for them to take a ride in it, the first thing they say "I thought you had a Civic!!?" I point to the fatc that it is indeed a Civic, A limited production Civic, a UK built Civic, a German engineered Civic, the car from Sega/Playstation games, a rally inspired Civic, and autocross Civic, the list can go on and on.

Alot of people still think it is a hybrid, they somehow confuse it with the Insight. To me the Insight is what a 2000 CRX would have looked like had Honda kept it in production. A few Mini drivers at work, actually looked at the Si, and liked it, but one reason or another went with a Mini. They all agree that it is an excellent value. Of course there is one or two people who call it a mini-odyssey, or Oddysey-coupe.

Yesterday, at the traffic light, a guy in this A4 Avant, rolled down his window and asked if it was a new 2004 golf. I told him, no it was a 2002 Civic. "CIVIC!??! I have never seen one like that!!!!" I told him it was a limited production, but readily available at the dealership. I didn't have a chance to show him the shifter, but I sure he checked out honda website when he got home.

Just remember, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

DyNastySi
08-28-2003, 05:26 AM
My bad guys. I wasnt trying to say that the ep was ugly. What I was trying to ask is just if there are still people who hate on your car. The main reason I went for the ep is because of its looks. I have to drive by the Honda dealership everyday, the first time I saw the ep I knew I was going to have one.

LASI02
08-28-2003, 05:29 AM
I was at the mall one day and some guy asked me if it was a mercedes. I laughed and said it was a civic. He was like "damn a civic"

Speck
08-28-2003, 05:44 AM
Last thing I am going to say, since noone really understood DynastySI's post.

"Guys in there thirties & forties will idol you. "

Dammit!!! I am in my thirties!!! LOL

-=speck=-

Type X
08-28-2003, 08:38 AM
i get much love with the ep

everyone likes it
minimal Hate

and thumbs up from older people all the time

honestly its one of the reasons i still like the car

IceD out N CALI
08-28-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by LASI02
I was at the mall one day and some guy asked me if it was a mercedes. I laughed and said it was a civic. He was like "damn a civic"
\

wow, mistake an ep for a mercedes

2003EPHatch
08-28-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI

\

Nothing to be ashamed of. ;) :D

droideka
08-28-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by ep pilot
But remember, owning an Ep is like being a member of a small unique club. When you drive what everyone likes, you become a droid, you want to be the envy of everyone, and only care whos **** is larger. When you drive an Ep, you just wait for the chance to just see another one on the road, so you can wave at it.

-Ryan

Hey, man. I might be a n00b and all, but why you gotta be calling me out like that and badmouthing my name? ;)

I waved at an EP today coming home in the Z. Dude was like "WTF?" :)

tony speed
08-29-2003, 07:54 AM
nobody ever dissed my ep......you can't dis a black ep.....

G-J
08-29-2003, 11:35 AM
Ya when I first got the car - everyone bagged on it for being high off the ground - SUV style, looking like a small mini van, an egg, etc. But when it first came out, I said the same thing though. It took a year to grow on me before I bought it. I was in love with the car just before I bought it and still am.

Now everyone asks me about it, how fast is it, whats next, and is it hard to drive with the stick up so high :D

I think the difference is the publicity that the Si has gotten from aftermarket companies, the fact that they are very uncommon on the road, and for me it was dropping her down 1.75". I still love my car the same from day one, but its nice to get compliments instead of negativity.

tony speed
08-29-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI

\

yep....my friend said it looks just like this mercedes hatchback. I don't know if they sell that model in the US though.