PDA

View Full Version : Sanding the wing

BlackNRedSi
08-28-2003, 07:41 AM
Hey guys,

Ok so I got my Kaminari wing last night from Chuck @ showstoppers....While him and Rocky told me the wing doesnt need to be modified, it actually does...Its not their fault they really didnt know, cause its a brand new wing....

Well its not a major modification that needs to be done to the wing, but alittle does need to be done for the wing to sit flush with the rest of the body of the car....

I called Kaminari today to see what the deal was, and they said the wing needs to be sanded alittle to fit right in there...

Right now the wing is on, and there isnt ALOT of gap but there is some, and yes i am a dork like that so i want to get some of that gap off....

well the whole point of this thread is, i wanted to ask to see if someone has already sanded down maybe the SpoilerDepot Type R wing, or maybe the BuddyClub one?

I know there are 2 threads going around here for the modification of the Mugen knock off wing, but that dont help me since that is more of a major modification compaired to this....

Does anyone know what part to sand down? This IS a US fit, not the JDM type R kind, so no holes need to be replaced or anything like that....just some sanding from what Kaminari says, but i am not 100% sure what part of the wing to sand down...The guy said to sand the top end notches that seat into the holes where you screw the wing in....

Sorry for the long thread here

if anyone knows anything about it let me know

Eric

fsugatorbait
08-28-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
Hey guys,

The guy said to sand the top end notches that seat into the holes where you screw the wing in....

Eric

sounds like hes talking about the two notches, one on each end of the car that the wing fits into. You'll notice when you test fit the wing the two notches on it that fit into the rescessed area of the car are probably a little shorter than it should be causing the wing to sit higher than it should (you want to be looking from down to up at the underneath side of the wing). When I installed the mugen wing, I had the same trouble, just sand the short area to extend the tab so that it will allow the wing to fit flush in the opening on the car. HTH

Phil

k20hatch
08-28-2003, 05:59 PM
If it was mine i would just take it to a shop..:confused: ?

RacingCivicSi02
08-28-2003, 06:02 PM
is it carbon fiber??