PDA

View Full Version : My Greddy kit dyno #'s

ep_nezay
08-29-2003, 12:34 AM
Finally had a chance to dyno my kit and these where the results.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/pe4c957e72669c14eb69dccc34f05f9fe/fb3f7711.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/pfae137ce14ff1839d82cfe6ff117bbda/fb3f7717.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/p6471c24f3bd0d829fd4cc21a6f382368/fb3f770e.jpg

1)180 whp / 160 ft-tq @ only 6psi and 100+ degree weather in the shop! Also no IC

2) Dyno numbers with just the add on of the IC and still at 6.5psi back then(2-3months ago) were, 215whp and 200 tq.

3) NEW DYNO #S WITH THE HELP OF HONDATA :) 231.1whp/208.5tq and still at 6.5 psi.

4)It made 260whp/224tq @ 8psi :eek:

http://www.hondata.com/images/GreddyCivicsi.jpg

ep3guy
08-29-2003, 12:50 AM
:eek:

Thought he looked famliar! What happened to his crazy hurr y0.

REVwheels
08-29-2003, 10:14 AM
what size turbo comes with that kit?

kcx23
08-29-2003, 10:54 AM
nice turbo! Do you like it or regret buying it.how does your car feel? Also where do u live because I live in buena park cali and need a shop to tune and install the kit.thanks for your help.:p

ssvr6
08-29-2003, 10:59 AM
I don't know, it seems really under powered for 6psi. I realize that it's not intercooled (not sure if that's safe or not), but for the money I would have just saved up and gone with a full kit from someone else.

Steve

FailureToStop
08-29-2003, 11:06 AM
Hmm... 180 whp. That's in line with the JRSC dynos that I have seen. Not too bad, but not too good either.

And oh yeah, what kind of wheels are those? What do they weigh? Etc.

(Maybe the bling wheels are keeping the whp down?)

Makross
08-29-2003, 11:13 AM
Work Motion CR's tightest rims evar!!

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-29-2003, 11:17 AM
You need to tune that pig.
Have him tune it up to like 8-9 psi w/o the IC, or as high as you can go w/o leaning out or getting detonation.
Dr. Charles knows what he's doing.
I'm willing to bet you can get 220hp+ w/o the IC.
My old GReddy kit on my 96 EX made only 155hp w/ no tuning and no IC at the stock boost level (5.5psi)- I was pissed when I ran a 15.8 w/ the turbo.
After some tuning and 9psi that number bumped to almost 200hp and my 1/4 mi dropped into the 14's.
Eventually after adding an IC and more fuel/spark w/ a thicker headgasket (lower C.R.) at 14psi I made 289hp and ran low 13's on street tires.

Keep your head up...that kit has A L O T of potential.

Good luck!

REVwheels
08-29-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
I don't know, it seems really under powered for 6psi. I realize that it's not intercooled (not sure if that's safe or not), but for the money I would have just saved up and gone with a full kit from someone else.

Steve

im going to have to agree. not trying to knock the whole Greddy kit and all...but seriously. for the price of that kit and what he will have to pay later for the intercooler upgrade, the power isnt really impressive. i mean i think its a great kit for anyone that wants to bolt up a kit and be happy with 180whp. but everyone that has gone turbo continues to want more and more. i dont see the room to upgrade this kit. with intercooler i dont see it making more than 230whp. after that i think there are going to be some issues with replacing everything and by then...its no longer a "greddy" kit. im putting down 267-269whp on 5.5psi now. either way...welcome to the boost club!

surfsi
08-29-2003, 03:23 PM
I personally like my T3-T4 for the potential of high boost levels! You'll definately need an IC but still wouldn't boost 10psi. on stock internals. I heard that there are crank bearings for our car and then stiffen up the pistons and rods and crank that bitch up to 20psi. at 350 to 400 whp., I'm sure that this i the route for me within the next 6 months. Hey rev wheels how is that clutch masters stage 3?

REVwheels
08-29-2003, 03:30 PM
its really weird...i have to get it adjusted, it engages too quickly but when it does its a beast. 1st gear is basically worthless because all it does it spin it hard. but hey...i can chirp 4th!:D

ep_nezay
08-29-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by REVwheels
what size turbo comes with that kit?

Comes with a T517Z turbo.

ep_nezay
08-29-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by kcx23
nice turbo! Do you like it or regret buying it.how does your car feel? Also where do u live because I live in buena park cali and need a shop to tune and install the kit.thanks for your help.:p

Im really happy with the kit, do not regret buying it at all.
Its a totally different car, Ill tell you that much.
I got my kit installed at Raceline in temple city and dunoed at Autolink in Arcadia. My car will be getting tuned there after the IC install.

ep_nezay
08-29-2003, 11:20 PM

Steve

If I wanted to make a drag car, I would of saved more money. Since its going to be a track car, it will have enough power that I wont have problems putting it down. After Im finished with the IC, more boost and tunned.
Also, for not having to pay 2k more on a kit and a clutch upgrade with install in order to have the CN kit run right, Im very happy with what Ive got :)
I rather have 2.6k extra in my pocket and have a soon to be carb. legal kit(important in Cali). I have enough problems already with my not streetlegal EG.
Afterall, I will be putting that power to use and will have plenty of it to take me around the track.

PS- Untill I see a CN kit in the westside making the numers you are making, I will be impressed. Untill then, Dr Charles and I will still be thinking you guys are boosting more than 7.5 on dynos.
Also, what are your plans for your car? just make it fast?

ep_nezay
08-29-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
You need to tune that pig.

Keep your head up...that kit has A L O T of potential.

Good luck!

Yes, it will be getting tunned soon, I just wanted to see what it did after with ONLY the install.
I know it has alot of potential, just people havent seen what a kit with no IC and a cat can do yet:)
We'll see, right Adam? ;)

ep_nezay
08-29-2003, 11:42 PM

im putting down 267-269whp on 5.5psi now. either way...welcome to the boost club!

Good for jo0.

Thanks for the welcome:)

ep_nezay
08-29-2003, 11:44 PM
its really weird...i have to get it adjusted, it engages too quickly but when it does its a beast. 1st gear is basically worthless because all it does it spin it hard. but hey...i can chirp 4th!:D

See, this is what I mean, why do you guys want so much hp and you cant even put it down?

poppasp1ce
08-30-2003, 01:58 AM
dude, its great you love your kit and all. but stop dogging everyone else for theirs. you like your greddy fine. steve likes his cn and rev likes his sfp.

ep_nezay
08-30-2003, 04:19 AM
Im not "dogging" noones kit. I think its the other way around.

ssvr6
08-30-2003, 04:48 AM
I'm not "dogging" your kit (I never even mentioned mine for that matter) I was just questioning the logic, which you explained.

As for my kit, I'm boosting 7.5lbs. I just dyno'd again yesterday (since my car had to be re-tuned after my VAFC was stolen) and it was consistant at 257 to 259 but that was going easy with the new clutch.

Once my clutch breaks in, I'll be going back, upping the boost to 10lbs, dyno it, and then off to the track.

I'm building this as a track car. It will eventually be a track only car when all is said and done.

BTW - I have the CM stage 4 clutch so I'll be good for a while, up to stage III.

Good luck with your kit, boost is a lot of fun.

Steve

ep_nezay
08-30-2003, 02:54 PM

As for my kit, I'm boosting 7.5lbs. I just dyno'd again yesterday (since my car had to be re-tuned after my VAFC was stolen) and it was consistant at 257 to 259 but that was going easy with the new clutch.

Those are some nice numbers for it to be at 7.5 lbs of boost. Dont get me wrong, I still think CN has the best kits for 4k, but just the fact that my money was spent on suspension and brakes already,aswell as it will never be carb legal, eliminates my purchase.

Once my clutch breaks in, I'll be going back, upping the boost to 10lbs, dyno it, and then off to the track.

I'm building this as a track car. It will eventually be a track only car when all is said and done.

Are you making it a drag car or a track(road racing) car?
Either way, sounds like you are taking it to the strip, good luck.
Hope to see you at a track someday:)

ssvr6
08-30-2003, 07:16 PM
When I say track I mean the 1320. :)

Steve

REVwheels
09-02-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by ep_nezay

See, this is what I mean, why do you guys want so much hp and you cant even put it down?

who said i cant put it down. if you read before that i said i need to get it adjusted because it releases too quick. my car is a daily driver. i cant complain....the car moves real well. i totally understand now why you went with a greddy kit being you are in cali. GOTTA LOVE FLORIDA! but if you ever get a chance to ride or drive a SFP or cybernation equipped car i think you would understand a few of our questions. there is no way you'll be happy with 170-200whp in about a month. the last thing you wanna do is get romped by a damn srt4. i dont have that problem:D

djcubinlinx
09-27-2003, 04:42 AM
ep_nezay,

Where did u get your kit from? Showstoppers? Can you tune the car with the piggy-back comp on it? I'm not too familar with turbo's and tuning.

klik
09-28-2003, 08:04 PM
if u guys want to go turbo, save up and buy an Evo or Sti

ep3guy
09-28-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by klik
if u guys want to go turbo, save up and buy an Evo or Sti

I'd like to have the status of smoking an evo or sti with an Si. :D

ecsahs3
09-28-2003, 08:11 PM
EP_Nezay.... I remember you calling me to help with my spring install. Your a good guy man. Congrats on the turbo. Living in SoCal makes it difficult to get other turbo kits due to Carb approval, smog, poor octane gas, blah blah etc. The Greddy kit is the safe way to go. Especially since the police can just cite you and send you to an inspection station for a full equipment inspection. Imagine either 1)getting dinged for having non-carb approved equipment or 2)having to uninstall all the modifications that are not approved, then having to re-install them. Sucks.

VIZHUNZ02SI
09-28-2003, 09:25 PM
who makes your kit how much did ur kit cost and what did it come with
,how long did it take them to install it n where did u go to get it done oh yeah is there any extra stuff i have to get,and finally
the turbo kit wont give me the engine manfunction light would it

chubbychu
09-28-2003, 09:36 PM
only 180? i thought it would be around 230-250

02SilverSiHB
09-29-2003, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
only 180? i thought it would be around 230-250
not without an intercooler, he stated it is without the IC (intercooler)

ep3guy
09-29-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by ecsahs3
EP_Nezay.... I remember you calling me to help with my spring install. Your a good guy man. Congrats on the turbo. Living in SoCal makes it difficult to get other turbo kits due to Carb approval, smog, poor octane gas, blah blah etc. The Greddy kit is the safe way to go. Especially since the police can just cite you and send you to an inspection station for a full equipment inspection. Imagine either 1)getting dinged for having non-carb approved equipment or 2)having to uninstall all the modifications that are not approved, then having to re-install them. Sucks.

Yup, he's a really good guy! He hauled out his compressor to help me out with my ground controls.

danoonez
01-16-2004, 12:08 AM
Reviving...

So what kind of numbers are you putting down since you've gotten the intercooler and the proper settings for the e-manage? I've looked but can't seem to find any new dyno graphs from you.

D16Y8_Turbo
01-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Yeah, how about those numbers with the IC. We'll be waiting. ;) My kit gets here next week with the IC again. If he doesn't post some numbers, I will.

danoonez
01-16-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by D16Y8_Turbo
Yeah, how about those numbers with the IC. We'll be waiting. ;) My kit gets here next week with the IC again. If he doesn't post some numbers, I will.

Sounds good. Give me some driving impressions too. I'm interested in whether or not there's a tradeoff for the quick, low rpm spool of the small Mitsu. turbocharger. Like if it starts to fall of the table towards the top of the rev range or if it keeps making solid power. Are you intalling it yourself?

danoonez
01-16-2004, 11:11 PM
Where did you buy the intercooler kit? I know its listed on the Greddy website, but I haven't seen it for sale anywhere yet.

D16Y8_Turbo
01-17-2004, 01:22 PM
I was reading in on the sticky about Turbo kits for the EP and listed was morepowerracing.com They had to get one (IC)from Greddy since they didn't have one in stock.

I paid $740 for it, I think. I won't install the kit until I get the programmable Hondata ECU because I am currently using the N/A reflash. Don't worry though, it will be on ASAP.

My old '96 EX had the Greddy kit on it as well. Lots of D16 enthusiasts thought the mitsubishi turbo lacked high RPM power. That car pulled hard all the way to fuel cut (7400). Only problem was I had a 3 in exhaust on it, full boost wasn't reached till 4800 RPM or so. I would imagine the T51 turbocharger has very quick spool up and still delivers in the higher RPM's.

Am I installing it? Yes and no. I originally bought a Greddy kit in July of last year. I had all the hoses wrapped but my Syclone needed some motor work after the last drag race of the year. So I sold the kit to pay for the motor rebuild. I will do some of the install like the injectors and such but I'll let the guys at the dealership handle the ECU stuff.

danoonez
01-17-2004, 02:41 PM
Sounds good man.

ep_nezay
01-20-2004, 05:10 PM
Sorry guys, Ive been real tied up with work.
Anyways, as far as the new dyno numbers with just the add on of the IC and still at 6.5psi back then(2-3months ago) where 215whp and 200 tq
Of course Im making a lil more power now, from a lil help of some tuning and a new program that will be coming out soon for the Greddy kit:)

D16Y8_Turbo
01-21-2004, 09:07 AM
I think we silenced the crowd. :)

2k2SiAutoXer
01-21-2004, 11:48 PM
200 tq???

--Tom

ep_nezay
01-22-2004, 10:18 AM
200 ft/lb of tq, yes sir.

siturbo
01-22-2004, 12:24 PM
what type of tunning are u using. (hondata,e-mage)?

DumbNewB
01-22-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by danoonez
Where did you buy the intercooler kit? I know its listed on the Greddy website, but I haven't seen it for sale anywhere yet.

Showstoppers has both the spearco and the greddy intercoolers

2k2SiAutoXer
01-24-2004, 03:48 AM
Im getting soo excited about my turbo kit now with all the good news im gearing about the greddy kit. Neazy- What do you think you might be putting down now with the new program from greddy and will this upgrade be free to all current greddy owners? Also, what is turbo lag like? What rpms do you start to feel the power really start to come on? Thanks!

--Tom

ep_nezay
01-27-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by 2k2SiAutoXer
1) What do you think you might be putting down now with the new program from greddy and 2) will this upgrade be free to all current greddy owners? Also, 3) what is turbo lag like? 4) What rpms do you start to feel the power really start to come on? Thanks!

--Tom

1) As far as numbers go, Im not allowed to say since its still in the works and testing.

2)No, this program is not free since, its not a Greddy item.

3&4) Turbo lag is very minimal, as it starts spooling at 2500rpm and butt dyno is all you feel from there :) .

ep_nezay
01-27-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by siturbo
what type of tunning are u using. (hondata,e-mage)?

E-manage back then, with those numbers posted above.

ep3guy
01-27-2004, 10:55 AM
This thread makes me miss my car. Damn boost whores. :p

ep_nezay
01-27-2004, 11:01 AM
Its just motivation for you to get another;)

danoonez
01-30-2004, 06:39 PM
1) As far as numbers go, Im not allowed to say since its still in the works and testing.

2)No, this program is not free since, its not a Greddy item.

3&4) Turbo lag is very minimal, as it starts spooling at 2500rpm and butt dyno is all you feel from there :) .

Wait...so there's yet ANOTHER e-manage setting now?

Did you ever dyno with the corrected settings from Kenji?

TomR123
02-01-2004, 12:10 PM
Any chance we could see what the tourqe curve looked like?

ep_nezay
02-03-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by danoonez
Wait...so there's yet ANOTHER e-manage setting now?

Did you ever dyno with the corrected settings from Kenji?

There was the one to get rid of your too rich cell.
Yes, I did dyno it but didnt get a print out. I didnt gain much(5whp) BUT it made my car have a very SMOOTH curve the whole rpm range.

ep_nezay
02-03-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by TomR123
Any chance we could see what the tourqe curve looked like?

I only have the old one that you see on page 1, and the new ones that I will be posting very soon. Just have to finish up with the testing.:)

ep_nezay
03-08-2004, 04:15 AM
Hondata releases their program for the Greddy kithttp://www.ephatch.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Check my dyno on page 1.

MCeez02Si
03-08-2004, 10:52 AM
Check your pm EP_NEZAY.

D16Y8_Turbo
03-08-2004, 11:36 AM
Hondata releases their program for the Greddy kithttp://www.ephatch.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

I ordered mine today. By next week I'll have the kit installed. Finally after a couple of months of waiting.

bgsteve523
03-08-2004, 02:36 PM
where did you order your kit?
how much?
Thanks,
Steve

ep_nezay
03-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by MCeez02Si
Check your pm EP_NEZAY.

I tried to PM you twice and your mailbox was full.
I didnt ignore your PM:)

ep_nezay
03-08-2004, 05:20 PM
I ordered mine today. By next week I'll have the kit installed. Finally after a couple of months of waiting.

Nicehttp://www.ephatch.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Butt-dyno from the upgrade is unbelievable, youll have one of these after your first drive :eek:
Let us know what you think once its installed.

BTW- I thought you were waiting for the Kpro (programable ecu)?

MCeez02Si
03-08-2004, 06:15 PM
pm box clear

D16Y8_Turbo
03-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Nicehttp://www.ephatch.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Butt-dyno from the upgrade is unbelievable, youll have one of these after your first drive :eek:
Let us know what you think once its installed.

BTW- I thought you were waiting for the Kpro (programable ecu)?

I was waiting, I decided I had waited long enough though. I wish I had driven the car before the Hondata upgrade, so I can tell the difference. I will upgrade to the K Pro later this year. I just want the turbo kit on the car, so I can drive it. Keep in mind I haven't been in a boosted ride for over 5 or 6 months since the Sy is getting the engine rebuilt. Ever since I put a turbo on my old Civic, I cannot do without boost. Not doubt, I will get the Sy and the Si back at the same time, what should I drive first? Decisions, decisions.

Anyway, keep spoolin' fellas. :D

danoonez
03-08-2004, 09:02 PM
I will get the Sy and the Si back at the same time, what should I drive first? Decisions, decisions.

Anyway, keep spoolin' fellas. :D

Take the truck out and romp it.

...and I'm too cool for spool :p

...no I'm just too poor for it.

bgsteve523
03-13-2004, 07:50 PM
OK I have seen people with the greddy kit with 185whp all the way to 230whp with no IC how is it possible to have such a huge difference in dyno number with the same kit same engine? I know dif engines act diff but thats huge. I hope the greddy kit is as nice as you guys say I am getting mine in very soon I hope monday or tuesday it will be here.
Thanks,
Steve

D16Y8_Turbo
03-13-2004, 08:00 PM
The 180 whp numbers you are probably seeing are just the Turbo kit without the IC. With just the kit and the intercooler dynos will show 215-220 whp. Yes the intercooler makes that much of a difference.

For those you have an intercooled ride, unclamp the piping to the throttle body. Put your hand by the pipe as the motor is running to take the air into the intercooler. It feels like it is coming from an air conditioner. I did that with my EX Greddy kit during the summer when it was hot and sticky out and I was surprised at how cold the air was just from coming from the intercooler. Intercooled vs. non intercooled is simple when it comes to power.

The 230 whp numbers are from the tuning that Hondata did with the emanage unit and ECU. All the information on what was tuned is on Hondata's website. So in a nutshell, that's why you see different numbers. BTW, ep_nezay dynoed 260 whp at 8 lbs of boost. That is very comparable to the CN kit IMO.

Hope this answers your questions. You will not be disappointed with the Greddy kit.

bgsteve523
03-14-2004, 07:11 AM
Thats what I wanted to know thank you very much I just thought I saw someone on here with a dyno of 215whp with no I/C so I was confused.
Thanks Again

ecsahs3
03-14-2004, 07:29 PM
I think those are awesome #'s on 91 octane gas. I was happy to see those #'s being from California.

D16Y8_Turbo
03-14-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by ecsahs3
I think those are awesome #'s on 91 octane gas. I was happy to see those #'s being from California.

That is a very, very good point.

ep_nezay
04-12-2004, 04:22 PM

anjapower
04-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Ep_nezay...do you have the graph of your 260whp dyno? Also, did you run 8psi with Kpro?

ep_nezay
04-13-2004, 12:51 AM
I have to look for it, when I find it Ill post it up.
No, not K-pro, it was with the reflash.

anjapower
04-13-2004, 04:33 AM
if you don't mind me asking, what changes did you make to get the gain in power, besides raising the boost?

ep_nezay
04-13-2004, 08:39 PM
Just the Greddy kit and hondata reflash.